Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,801 to 52,820 of 96,614

Zuljaras

@ogo79 currently I am waiting for the oven to heat up so I can make the first bake. In order to not mess up details I will be doing one part at a time. Now I made the ribcage + spine then bake it wait to cooldown and do another part

The ribcage will only have 6 ribs. I took this artistic liberty in order to have stronger and more durable ribcage piece

Btw I forgot to ask, it is too early but do you want some kind of message on the fundament like a little clay plaque "In memory of ..." etc.?

Edited on by Zuljaras

jump

@Slowdive Nah, I'm good. I still check the site daily but I've just got abit bored of the forums at the moment where people want to talk about the release dates of games more than the actual games themselves. Like I spent years watching people on here talk about a possible Pokemon Snap 2 and when it finally does come out the thread is dead in two weeks. My enthusiasm will return sooner or later for talking about how eshop maintenance must mean a direct is coming soon and the arguments of when a hypothetical game can/can't be released.

TheJGG wrote:

England-Germany.... never have raw emotions been so fervent. The first time they've beaten Germany in 55 years... since the World Cup.

Not quite, the last time England and Germany played in the Euros England won and I remember being at a mate's wedding and having to sneak off during the reception to the pub next door to watch England beat Germany 5-1 away during the World Cup qualifiers, there's probably other times too that I've forgotten about. The 55 years things is only for during the second half-knockout phase of a major tournament.

To be honest it just reminds me of how rubbish the UK government is, football and Wembley being filled with thousands of people is okay as it would annoy too many people if it wasn't whilst music is being killed off as live music is basically banned and the streaming model doesn't create a liveable wage for artists who aren't the size of Metallica or Childish Gambino. Also doesn't help that Boris is trying to win favour by posing for forced go-England pics which also annoys me with the fakeness, if he really wants to make a statement then he should get the team to pull out of the tournament. "WHY ARE ENGLAND PLAYING IN THE EUROS, GO BREXIT!" etc

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Heavyarms55

@Zuljaras Thanks for the info!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Yeah it’s an oldie; Advance Wars. As old as Famicom Detective Club actually, just a bit more maintained. Ironic how we’re complaining about Nintendo’s poor management of legacy content, because in 2021 we’ve had some really amazing surprises. I hadn’t even heard of Famicom Detective Club before the remakes were announced, so to see this series brought from the dead, and then Advance Wars… good time to be a millennial indeed! All the series people grew up with are now being remade!

Oh dear God, sorry to hear that…. wait, where’ve I heard that before? I don’t remember ever hearing that you’ve had to buy a game and stash it away for months and months! Fair enough though, one more for the backlog. I checked on Amazon UK to see that a physical copy of Ys VIII costs about the same as it does on the eShop (full price, that is). So it’s a very tough choice to make, do I get it on discount, but digitally, or do I wait? Another game’s come up recently on significant discount though; Project CARS 2, for the PS4. A racing sim that has over 160 tracks, including tracks F1’ve been to, that I haven’t driven yet. It costs just ten dollars. Capitalism can go on and take over the world, it suits me nicely. Apparently the instalments are not connected so if you want to play Ys IX first by all means go for it. Just like the Fire Emblem games in that respect.

This one, Metroid Dread, it’s a matter of time, not if. First, it’s a first party game, or very close to it. Second, it looks and runs so well. Third… it’s such a new genre of game, getting chased. I’d take a shot in the dark and guess there’d be some psychological horror aspect, at least partly because of the EMMI robot hunters. Reminds me of the Mechon, except… much colder and clinical.

While I’m glad to be of “help” I do wonder if some stuff was better experienced without warning. Either way you’re in for a blast. Makes the original game feel unfairly easy after even just an hour or two. Fascinating theory, tying it to the Blood Moon. Thinking on it a bit more I realise that’s likely the best explanation possible for enemies regenerating health. Just do what you’d do in a Hyrule Warrior’s game; hack, slash and shoot till they can’t move no more.

I Googled Scriptwelder and he looks really talented. His work looks like it’d be really great on Switch, though I can’t imagine that hasn’t been considered already. I completely forgot Adobe Flash isn’t supported anymore… I think that does show how little I play web browser games! Speaking of indies I also Googled A Hat in Time since I’ve heard some great stuff about it… oh my… it’s an indie game in 3D?! Where’d that come from?! That’s probably the second indie game I’ve seen that’s in full 3D… after No Man’s Sky. And I have that game. Since launch actually…

Hope you manage to see these two films at some point, fingers crossed. Sonic is not groundbreaking but a very enjoyable surprise nonetheless. Jim Carrey, as ever, steals the show. His acting is absolutely on point this time. Reminds me of his performance in Bruce Almighty, one of my favourite comedy movies. If you don’t know, he plays a reporter who after blaming God for all his misfortune, is invited to be God for a week, to see just how much responsibility he has. He starts using God’s powers for his own agenda and… things get crazy. And Steve Carell has a solid performance too.

Having lived in and travelled to many major cities I can agree; cities suck. The main reason I’d appreciate a city is convenience, being able to walk anywhere and finding stuff to do. We only took the New York subway once or twice, and that was to get to Harlem, from our hotel. The noise is strangely comforting for me, but then again I’ve found as much enjoyment sleeping in a tent in the middle of the African wilderness, so it’s not as definitive. When we lived in Paris we had a car, but we didn’t use it much because parking the damn thing was a nightmare.

You don’t have cable? You don’t watch the ‘ol telly?! Eh, neither do I. I only use it to watch motorsport on the weekends, and I’m glued to the screen even for the practice sessions. Otherwise though, that’s it. I watched the news this morning for the first time this month (ironic since it’s the last day) and that didn’t last more than two minutes. British news is straight to the point, and the ads are significantly better and much less intrusive, but the way they find a topic and latch onto it like a parasite is boring. Yes, I know we’re in a pandemic, now give me actual news!

Side note; I looked at my “travel history” over the last year and a half… Jesus it is terrifying that Google Maps has tracked me (through my phone and computer when signed into a Google account) through my entire trip to India including details so specific I would have otherwise forgotten, a pandemic evacuation, my trip across the UK, and moving. All the red dots for me to see… On one hand it’s awesome to see my travel history but on the other…. this is really bad!

Hyundai’s Korean so the word “hyun” is to me pronounced “h-yoon”, and then “dai” is said as “die”. I’ve said it “ha-yoon-die” as well. There’s some words I pronounce in American and British English all the same. Not your “tomato” or “potato”, but more “Schumacher” to your “shoo-mucker”, and your “Renault” to your “ru-nult”. Not that last one though, how can you mess up that bad?! I’ve found that I’ve picked up the Arabic way of saying “Bahrain”. Foreigners say “Ba-rain”, without any “h” sound, but locals really emphasise the “h” without “crunching” it, if you know what I mean. A soft “h”, like “ba-h-rein”. The “h” is almost like an exhale…

I got my green shield yesterday... Nothing to write home about (since a. I’m at home and b. not the biggest news) but it’s nice to see it when I open my coronavirus app. I can now show it to the shops that ARE open, and they’re now obliged to let me in! UNLIMITED POWER!! I went to a juice shop this afternoon and grabbed a drink. Not as good a feeling as flying by… flapping… your arms… yeah that’s one for the lucid dreams pile. But great to hear your grandmother’s in good health, here’s hoping she remains in good health for years to come. I sympathise with dealing with the inevitable illness, with my own grandfather, but treasure your time! Also encouraging to hear how everything's seemingly under control! We’ve found a great balance in how we go about, so I’m feeling great about a summer inside! We do have a trip to Egypt booked at the end of the month thanks to the vaccine though… A nice week off by the beach. Can’t get much better than that!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@Slowdive Thanks and keep strong yourself, don't let the naysayers get to you. The Pro is coming!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@jump
Nintendo Switch Pro must have White color bundle. (White body tablet, White Joy Cons, White Joy Cons straps, White dock)

Anti-Matter

Vortexeo

BruceCM wrote:

If I put some other favourites, you might spot a theme, @Vortexeo .... But one of the reasons I replayed the game was to check the other main romance choice, so I imagine it's obvious enough

Now I'm kinda curious...do you prefer Triss or Yennefer? 👀

Edited on by Vortexeo

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

GMACPLAYS

Are you able to still play courses that are made by other creators still on Mario Maker 3Ds, or did they shut it down already?

GMACPLAYS

My Nintendo: gmacplays

BruceCM

Mostly, I prefer Triss, @Vortexeo .... But I won't go into that any further here to avoid spoilers for anyone who hasn't played yet

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@GMACGAMER1234 I don't have Super Mario Maker for the 3DS, but I do have the Wii U version. I played it just now and it does let me play others' levels online, so I would imagine the 3DS version lets you do that too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Zuljaras

@Eel "Would you say the large number of games with straight relationships that already exist is propaganda?"

I will allow myself to continue our comments here only this time

Can you show me an article where games are gathered in a list based purely on their "straight relationships"?

Also you probably misunderstood me as I said that showing affection is perfectly fine but showing the characteristics of the affection is just begging for approval.

Here is the example to make things easier to portrait:

Boy/girl/other stating "I love boys/girls/other!" is my problem.
Boy/girl/other stating "I love this particular boy/girl/other!" is what I prefer.

I am perfectly fine if you remove my post if it is offensive to others.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Eel

Would you really find it problematic for a boy to state "I like girls!"?

And yes, we should avoid bringing the articles to the forums.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Is that what romance articles are? Just asking cuz I don't read them to often.

Also anyone here who hated ninjala for its Parry system don't any more, the game and player base has change from just having to parry, to actually having to use your noggen, and they have a actually long and great tutorial that I could have needed, Just saying, You can give it a chance idk.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Zuljaras

@Eel Yep. I prefer relationships to be on a personal level instead of gender preference. This is why some people do not like womanizers And I used kindergarten phrases on purpose or it would've sound rude.

And ok this is all from me on the subject

From now on only sculpture talk from me as soon as Ogo responds I have some updates for it

Ahh and on a side note I am waiting for a response from the site owners if I can open a thread for my game in the Other Gaming section! So fingers crossed they grant me a permission!

Edited on by Zuljaras

Anti-Matter

Eh, I did a lot of romantic relationship between two adult males in The Sims games I played including kissy kissy and WooHoo.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

Always been a big fan of Kissy Kissy WooHoo myself! It’s one of the best multi player games around. The solo missions are a bit repetitive, but that’s to be expected in a party game.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Sunsy

@SM3DASislit Yeah, usually when it comes to sports, I just enjoy the character video game type, like the Mario and Sonic Olympics, or Sega Superstars Tennis.

Nah, it was fun. Yup that's the season, I've been enjoying those other games too. Not bad, I got quite a bit of free jala whenever they gave some away, so if I find myself going back frequently, maybe I'll use some of it. I already have two outfits I like for my character, so anything else is just extra.

@TheJGG Same here, I've always loved racing games.

Didn't know any sports game had a story mode aside from a couple of Mario and Sonic Olympic games having them. I never considered the Need for Speed series to be a "sports" game, just a racing one. Most Wanted and Carbon stand out to me in terms of its story, in addition to its gameplay.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Brie Larson tweeted that is should run consistent 720/30 frames on Switch Pro 2.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic