Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,621 to 52,640 of 96,614

Anti-Matter

I was thinking am i got inspirited by this Yokai so nobody want to discuss with me ?
Untitled

Casanono, the Yokai that made people become unpopular.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter I remember this one.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
I still haven't found Casanono from Yokai Watch games i played.
Not really useful as he will drop the chance to befriend with other Yokai after battle.
I really depend on Casanova (the opposite, the popular Yokai) to befriend with other Yokai in Yokai Watch 1 since there is NO Forbidden Apple (only on Yokai Watch 3) to catch any Yokai by chance 100%.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter I hope you can find him bud.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras Remember, you told me I was very emotional when seeing that film. It’s a good one honestly. You two’ll at least feel some emotion. Banking on @Snatcher backing me up soon when they manage to watch it!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@TheJGG Hmm so your saying luca might be one of those underrated films? If so, Do you really think its that good? and Not trying to be rude here but I just need to ask as I keep hearing it over the net. Is it a gay movie? or is it a movie that has the theme, "Every one is different and thats good thing" Type of film? I really want to know as the internet seems to be debating on it.

I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher It’s not. People try to set it up as one but it simply isn’t. The director himself said it was a film about three friends enjoying purely platonic relationships. And that’s the beauty of it, because true friendship is so hard to come by. The theme ‘everyone is different’ doesn’t have any other subtext or messaging, apart from the fact that Luca is a literal sea monster. That’s his secret.

While it’s nice to see more diverse characters in film I don’t want it shoved in my face. Trying to force a message or theme out of a simple friendship is… wrong.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Sunsy

@TheJGG I literally just saw this response in the other thread too. I agree, this is why I often like replaying games, or re-watching movies or shows. If I enjoy something, I'll usually continue to enjoy it.

If a task in a game is too hard for my liking, I'll take a break and come back later. Sometimes I clear it after having a break, most of the time, I like to enjoy myself when playing games. If a task becomes too tedious, then I'll save it for later, or continue with the game if it's an optional thing. If it's not a game I like, then I usually won't play it, or if I'm not having fun, then I'll just stop.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@TheJGG OMG, I never would have thought somebody actually share's my thinking! I love seeing diverse casting or characters in films to, But I to don't want it shoved in my face, And I agree with you, Its almost like friends can't just be friends anymore. Well thanks for telling me man cuz I had nooooo idea.

@Zuljaras Me to.

Well I will see the movie at some point and when I do I will give my own take on it.

I’m very much alive!

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher That Questions333 guy. Maybe he's not, but his initial comment in this thread looked weird and he had just joined, so it looked kinda sketchy.

@BruceCM Yeah, well... that's fine for the games you already own, but of course I'm talking about all the upcoming stuff. Much good that'll do you if you don't have an active subscription. Either way, it's ultimately everyone's own choice, so if you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

@TheJGG Comparing animation stories to real life, and Disney ones at that? Tssk, tssk...
Forget life not working like that, it's not supposed to be like life, it's fantasy, a fairy tale a standard scenario where all is good in the end, very unlike life, which basically sucks most of the time and only every now and then shows you that it can actually also be very beautiful and highly entertaining.

Animated movies, and games for that matter, usually don't have that "luxury": they have to be entertaining ALL the time, and they have to do it in a much shorter time span as well, so comparing them to real life and/or humans was a bit of a mistake to begin with...

@Zuljaras I'll echo @TheJGG's message here: Luca is about normal friendship, NOT about something that certain minority groups would like/love it to be. The moral of the story is a bit pedantic, though. It's basically a reference to how we should treat fugitives from other countries, so it's more to do with discrimination of foreigners than anything.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

nessisonett

@Slowdive Longtime user of bsnes as well. Beyond horrible given Kiwi Farms has previous driving people to such a dark place. And yet is continued to be supported by CloudFlare, which NLife makes use of as well.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Snatcher

@Slowdive OMG I missed that article, it didn't have to full name so I didn't know, Its really sad to hear. as I to used the Emu software. Its so tragic what happen'd, I don't know what to say.

Edited on by Snatcher

I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

I can soon get Gamepass again, @ThanosReXXX .... I'll obviously keep up with what's coming to the PC version but as long as the games come to Steam, there's plenty of options for getting those discounted
What games are you looking forward to for your Xboxes, anyway?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

@Zuljaras TBH I only felt mad about that movie at the beginning, the last part of the movie was fine for me. (I'm talking about rya and the last dragon)

I’m very much alive!

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Well, currently, I'm still on last gen, so I'm going to have to look into what will still be available for that. And besides that, I'm almost never an early adopter anyways, whether it's games or the systems themselves. Unless it's limited edition and I really want to own it, like for example those Skyward Sword HD Joy Con, I'll easily let years go by before I jump in.

@Slowdive @nessisonett Far as I'm concerned, you're both welcome to come in here and discuss it, as long as it doesn't bring in the trolls as well. I actually considered making a new forum topic about it, because I was kind of annoyed that comments were disabled in the article, and I had some genuine questions/wonderings, some of which I've already puzzled together, but I ultimately decided not to make a topic of it, suspecting it might be locked straight away anyways.

So, having said all that, I'm sorry to see something like this happen to someone, let alone see a situation get so out of hand that people would even consider taking such drastic measures, so if I had made a topic, I would have most definitely added a disclaimer stating that if there's people here that are also in emotional/psychological distress, battling with these kinds of sentiments, that they should definitely talk to people or get help, either from friends or family or professionals.

I'm not even going to pretend that I can even begin to understand all the trials and sorrows that come with being different and not being seen, heard or simply being bullied for it, but truth be told, the whole concept of not being one or the other also completely escapes/mystifies/puzzles me. Perhaps I'm just too simple of a man in that regard, even though I'm hardly stupid.

Either way, regardless of any personal sentiments about the topic, being a highly empathic person, events like these touch me regardless, much like some time ago when they reported about Etika. I personally highly disliked him as a YouTuber, or at least, as the character he played, which was WAY too over-exaggerated for me, but nevertheless I felt sad when we got to learn about his ultimate faith.

To prevent any misunderstandings: not saying I have or had a dislike for this developer, I actually didn't even know him them, but by the example I gave, I simply wanted to signify that I can still sympathize with people's fates, even though I personally don't like or understand them, because in my view, sorrow is universal and I don't think any of them are bad people, again: regardless of personal sentiments, so I would never wish such an end upon any of them.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Same here, I don't really know the them at all, But I'm a very, and I mean a very empathetic person, So whenever something like this happens to anybody, I feel really sad, Like I said I have never read a single thing about this guy, but It doesn't matter, I still feel this way, I can't talk about this for to long, or I might end up getting to depressed, But I don't want to brush it off ether, I don't want anyone to think I don't care, but Like I said I just can't talk about this stuff for to long, About a hour or 3 is about my limit, And I need to stop thinking about it, Its a thing that I do were I put my self in somebody's shoes, And its making me feel worse.

Wow talking about that made me feel much much better.

Edited on by Snatcher

I’m very much alive!

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher You will probably want to refrain from calling the person a "dude", seeing as it concerns a non-binary individual, as stated in the article. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but whenever possible, especially in cases like these, were people got hurt or passed away, it doesn't hurt to be a little bit extra careful with our wordings...

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Sorry sorry, I use the word dude for a lot of stuff I didn't know "Them" I will change that.

Its just so sad to see, all the people wanting them not to do it, and it all when't down live. All bc of That Stupid **** Kiwi farm. I have to try not to let this get to me, I have to regulate it, I feel so bad, they said they wanted to be remember'd for there work, not there death, so thats what i'm going to do.

I just can't help but feel, If Only I was there. if only I knew him. if only I....If only I was there. I just wish I could have stopped him, its all I want to do know, Is stop him, If only I had a tweeter, If only I was the friend he needed, I would have to everything, just to make sure he was alright. If Only I was there to save him, I want nothing more right now but to just go back in time, And make sure he was safe.

But That can't happen, this was the fate, The fate that I wish, I just wish I was there to stop it from happening.

Now i'm beating my self over a person I never knew, great.):

Edited on by Snatcher

I’m very much alive!

TheFrenchiestFry

Kiwi Farms needs to be shut down

Reading the comments on there reacting to Near's initial suicide note thread made me sick. Apparently it's banned in Australia but there needs to be some sort of criminal investigation looking into this site with how many suicides and incidents have stemmed from or have been linked to harassment on that platform

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic