Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,601 to 52,620 of 96,472

Maaryotyme

@Questions333 they have been working on it since 2016, they are always working on Mario kart but it’s on hold because Mario kart 8 is still selling.

Maaryotyme

Anti-Matter

I want to ask.
Have you ever saw planet Venus as evening star during sunset ?
I wasn't sure the only one bright star i saw last evening at 5.30 pm was a Venus.
I forgot to take a picture as i was on the street, riding my bicycle.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Thanks for the wishing wells, much appreciated.

As for Other M: I do understand the criticism, but I was never overly negative about the game myself. I've played it and liked it. Never finished it, though. Some things I didn't like in particular, are the switching of the controls, when going from 2.5D to 3D, and the one criticism that I actually DID agree with, is that Samus has been made so girlish in some of these cut scenes, like she's a very vulnerable woman, instead of a bad@ss space chick who makes mince meat of space pirates and aliens. It's just not fitting with her character.

But, seeing as that is only in the cut scenes, I can manage to stomach those tiny niggles...

Completely agreed on Hunters: it's just too jagged and simple, texture-wise, to be displayed on a big screen. I might still get it after all, but seeing as it's predominantly a multi-player game, I'd have to question the longevity of it, seeing as online is not supported anymore on the Wii U.

I must go and check out Golden Sun, just out of curiosity, because I always thought that was one of the better looking GBA games, and as a matter of fact I have that installed on my soft-modded Wii's hard drive. I just haven't tested it out yet. I just did a sampling of all systems I've got on there, to see how it looks on my new 55" screen, and so far, things look fine, but obviously, I haven't tested ALL games.

Anyways, that's all for now. The Dutch are playing to win their quarter final place in the Euro Soccer Championship tournament, so I gotta go watch that.

@BruceCM HA! A PC is no decent replacement for a console!
All kidding aside, I suppose that with the flowing over of GamePass into Windows 10 and 11, it makes sense, although you will miss out on some stuff, because even though MOST games will come to GamePass, not ALL of them will. But then again: if those games that don't aren't interesting to you anyways, then you'll miss out on nothing.

Personally though, even though I do play the odd game on PC, I still prefer the convenience of the console, and gaming behind a monitor is just no replacement for a comfy couch and a big screen TV.

@ogo79 You're welcome. As for that other user: for all the time he hung around here before he passed, he sure didn't comment much, and forum topics visited predominantly about American Football, and a bit of Marvel here and there. First impressions certainly wouldn't peg him as a gamer...

@Eel Seems like we've got ourselves a new spam bot here...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ogo79 Ah it is not my old job It was a gift for starting at the job 4 years ago However I have not visited the office in year and a half and I went there to get a new laptop and in the meantime I retrieved it from my desk because now I work from home

@TheJGG @ThanosReXXX Thank you guys! She is literally my life force!

jedgamesguy

Ooh… @ThanosReXXX you ought to watch Raya and the Last Dragon! The moral of that movie was trusting people and forgiving past mistakes…

In all seriousness I have my eyes peeled.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras That’s amazing to hear. Keep people like that close, that’s truly special.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Didn't mean "let's ban him", just wanted to point out possible spam.

@Zuljaras You're welcome.

@TheJGG I don't like morals in my movies, I just want to be entertained. I'll see it eventually, when it's aired on regular TV. It looks kind of interesting, but not interesting enough to buy a cinema ticket for or to sign up to Disney+.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@TheJGG To be honest ... that girl from the Fang tribe was the worst! It was not moral at all to forgive her. She started it all and then even made it worse. I did not know they insisted on redeeming her at all.

It was not even a gray area like in other movies ... it was black and white.

She felt regret only after taking a huge dump on the entire Kumandra.

Watching this made me little angry to be honest.

Edited on by Zuljaras

MarioVillager92

SM3DASislit wrote:

Yeah, I think that most people who played Super Monkey Ball have mainly played the first two games. I don't remember hearing about the Eye Toy SMB games, although the Eye Toy thing does sound vaguely familiar, emphasis on the vaguely.

The Disney Renaissance era definitely has well-done films, I do like the older Disney movies as well, although I definitely like the Disney Renaissance movies more, though.

Hey sorry for the late reply, just had to take care of some stuff for getting into a new uni. Anyway, the EyeToy was a camera peripheral for the PlayStation 2 that detects your real-life movements, much like the Kinect. That came out before the Wii. Sega Superstars was the one game I had for it. Really wanted to like it...but I had a hard time controlling the games so it didn't leave a great first impression on motion controls.

And yeah, I like the older Disney movies too - 101 Dalmatians was likely the first movie I've ever seen and that came out like 3 decades before I was born!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras Her character arc was very predictable, as soon as I saw her disagree with her mother I knew she’d become Raya’s ally. Eh. She’s not a villain but why the hell do people just accept her like that. That’s not how humans work. They need to earn trust all over instead of just playing people like it’s a video game.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Who's be the spam bot?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras Luca has the same problem. If you’ve seen the movie you’ll know what I mean… a matter of trusting too quickly and throwing any past agenda out the window.

Again: humans don’t work like that. They’re very good at holding grudges.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Questions333

@MetalToad thanks for answering my question! That's all I had. If I ever have any more questions, I'll let you guys know. In the mean time, look forward to the new Mario Kart!

Questions333

Anti-Matter

I'm glad i am not a movieholic so i don't care much about what was going on from certain movies just now.

Anyway, have you ever seen star that actually a planet in the sky during sunset ?

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Zuljaras @TheJGG I haven't seen this movie, But I will give my thoughts on it once I see it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

Well, the 1st party games are all PC as well as console, @ThanosReXXX .... I think there might have been one or 2 games announced for XBox that I was interested in that haven't said anything about PC so far but then there's plenty of stuff coming to PC that isn't coming to XBox!
As for GamePass, my subscription expired & there's not currently any point renewing it but I can always do that if they add some games I don't already own to it!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic