Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,441 to 51,460 of 96,525

Snatcher

@Tyranexx Nah man I couldn't do it ether, but I think he has a good idea of telling you that everything he says in opinion.

I also think its always good to tell us your opinion, its opinion, and no body is saying its fact,.

@ThanosReXXX, I see were your coming from, now my gums don't go in flames, I do have gum issue were its just like, Man Can I just stay in bed all day, I hope you get better fast (And you will).

@Zuljaras Wait anti? WTF man, Now I know what yall are talking about with the drama vampire, thats a little much.

@Link-Hero I find that pretty annoying to BH, And yes he has everything in his right to ignore who's he is going to ignore, But I sometimes think his reasons for ignoring people are just bc they don't like one thing about him or his art.

@bimmy-lee Look I don't know anti nearly as much as you, you have know the dude for years, so tell me if I've got the wrong idea about him.

From my experience with him, He wont take any advice ever, and he doesn't have to take it, but he will just slap it down and shoot it LOL, and whenever @ThanosReXXX would tell him, well really anything, Its just Your wrong i'm right, and he has that opinion, I just wish for once he would see were he was coming from (That thats from my years with him)

There is also his hate for anything adult or anything with any guns, Once again, he can have that opinion, but sometimes it would turn into opinion, and he would try to force as fact so some parents, that never asked for it, I mean what you think that kid is having a hard time at school bc he is not playing fortnite with friends? sure how about you just kick him off.

Idk if they remember But me @TheJGG and @Mr-Fuggles777 were arguing over this Mom just trying to figure out voice chat, And I agree with JGG, If Anti was the last person on earth I still wouldn't take his so called advice, and not even that he doesn't care what his "I hate anything adult" would do to some gamers, If he was the Leader of all games, we would have any fire emblem, no splatoon i'm pretty sure, No sonic kart tracing, no smash bros, I mean Lord, And I now when he was a kid he had a hard time with adult stuff and he grew hate for it, But just because you don't like doesn't mean that nobody else dose, and there is a type a game for everybody, no need to shove It down my throat.

Feel free to tell me if There are things I don't understand, This is just how I see him form the years I have had with em.

And no @ThanosReXXX this is not a start of a wall, its really small so it doesn't count.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher Well first that’s a massive text walls for you! But you’ve made really good points in all of your responses. I almost didn’t catch what you meant but it all came back, my memory’s quite good. Doesn’t help Anti has Asperger’s syndrome of course, people on the Autism spectrum like routine, hate disruption, and have strange habits.

Anti explained to me twice his backstory on why he hates non-kiddy video games, and I can’t help but think of Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb. If you don’t know, every time he captures Perry the Platypus, he starts this random monologue about his evil motivations. Every time it’s a ridiculously long winded explanation and Anti does that too.

I’m sure Anti would have a heart attack if he saw the games I’ve been playing now. Especially seeing the half naked ice goddess Shiva, from Final Fantasy.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Teksetter

@COVIDberry
Thank you for the reply, you blue bouncy beastie! It's always a pleasure to hear from you.

I guess I was feeling a little self-conscious after Darlinfan called me out (not just because he "duded" me - I try to take "dude" as a gender-neutral term now, anyway) and rather than risk appearing creepy I just thought I'd delete my comment. Even if I do think KateGray is librarian-level cool (which is very cool, in my book)! I think she's brought a lot of personality to this site, and added a little more diversity to the content.

So yes, hoarding. I hoard by default — from the time I was a little Teksettette my mom called me a pack-rat — so I feel I am predisposed to hoard when playing games with inventory systems. I do agree with you, that game design can usually coerce players into spending items/power-ups a little more freely, but I don't know if you can completely remove personality or playstyle from the equation.

Even though I've never played Skyrim (I presume a Khajiit resembles a wookie?) I chuckled at how you suffered to loot dungeons with a vengeance. I imagine I'd do the same.
Actually, I think hoarding and greed has caused me at least as many video game deaths as lack of skill — that is to say, A LOT, because I'm not a particularly gifted player and beat most games out of sheer persistence. I shudder to think how many Marios or Madelines I wasted trying to get that last stamp or floating strawberry.

I relate with your experience with those stingey old Mega Man games, for sure. Farming little energy capsules slowed me down so much in those games, since I insisted on full tanks before starting a boss fight. At least until my experience grew and I could economize a bit. That must be part of the appeal of repeat playthroughs - once you know what to expect, you can relax a bit and let yourself use the Leaf Shield or Crash Bombs to blow through regular stages rather than hoard for bosses.

There most certainly is good and bad stress in gaming - that's what keeps us coming back! I can imagine why you play Ikaruga early in the day is like why I never seem to set any video pinball high scores late at night - I'm just too tired to really get into it!

Edited on by Teksetter

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

ogo79

@Snatcher

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 He has such a good chance at winning something, it looks so good.

Untitled
@TheJGG

TheJGG wrote:

Silly me... and here I was thinking the XXX meant your birth year. Like @MarioLover92, Landroid91 (Tyranexx), Zeldafan79, our very own @ogo79 and so on. Was gonna ask how you were managing to give us your classic dry wit at ninety years old...

thats funny...wait...im almost there myself...
@ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

I see no skeletons.

@ogo79 They're in the closet...
P.S.
If you behave like a nice ogo, @Zuljaras might just be persuaded to strike you a deal for that statue, provided he actually gets it back after the contest that he made it for...

thats asking a lot of me tbh, but i was pondering asking @Zuljaras to make me a custom something or other one day...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah, I see...it's a similar situation to me with HG/SS. That's nuts that certain 3DS games go at that price point these days - $70-80, wow! Yeah if you want to show off your Pokemon maps I wouldn't mind seeing them! No pressure.

Ah nice - that must have made the game a lot easier, lol. I don't normally make use of glitches in games, but I have done a couple well-known glitches in Super Mario Bros. 1 - the Minus World and infinite 1Ups. Another glitch I've done was in Super Mario World. In Chocolate Island 3, I jumped off of Yoshi to the goal so that the camera wouldn't move upward to where Mario was. The screen started flashing random colors during the iris out transition. It was supposed to have the overworld map in messed up colors, but when I did it, the game crashed and it deleted one of my save files. But that's okay, I've beaten SMW many, many times before. lol

@Snatcher Yeah, I remember when he told me that he "banned" Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, because it had certain tracks that were from "rated 18+" Sega games. Before he found that out, I told him that it's really good when he was thinking of getting it. He basically got upset at me, he told me something along the lines of "don't ever mention the names of those rated 18+ tracks!" Yeah...he was pretty rude about it. And yep, I do remember he said that he didn't like Splatoon because it reminded him of M-rated shooters.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

@TheJGG Its not that big as some of the other text walls on this site, I just had a lot to say is all

@MarioLover92 Idk why he got upset at you, its his problem not yours, and the fact that he was liking the game and just hates it just bc one Rated M characters in there is stupid, he can skip it if he wants, Look i'm not going to tell the guy how the feel, but I sure don't have to agree with it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Blooper987

I need words of wisdom and encouragement from all you wise old folks. Been having a hard time recently lol

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

jedgamesguy

Tell us @Blooper987. What’s wrong?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

I love how this thread overnight’s become a haven for the new #MeToo movement with Anti.

@MarioLover92 Yeah that’s ridiculous. It’s nigh on laughable how that whole exchange went down. I find it hard to sympathise with him when all he does is reject things he doesn’t like, even if it means rejecting truth itself. Sonic is a very... inoffensive property it must be said. Unless you’re counting Shadow the Hedgehog... but I dunno what the hell the guys at Sega were smoking when they made that.

Almost like saying I’m banning Super Mario Odyssey because it reminds me of Grand Theft Auto. Or banning Doki Doki Literature Club because it reminds me of... I dunno, Yandere Simulator?

@Snatcher Have no fear, your comments are always appreciated no matter the length!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Blooper987

@TheJGG At work, I’ve both messaged and told my managers in person that I wouldn’t be able to work on the 28th for graduation four times in the last month. They didn’t listen a single time and scheduled me anyways so when I demand them that I need to have that day off, they say I should’ve asked earlier, when I had been for literally an entire month!

I’ve also still heard nothing about that raise I was told about a month ago.

I’m a 17 year old working 35 hours a week, 6 days a week and I am one of the five people closing half those days cause my managers keep giving me more and more hours.

A bunch of my closest friends have been pissing me off lately.

And I should have asked a certain girl at my school to prom but my stupid self was too late and too scared and she ended up going with someone else.

It’s just been a rough couple of weeks.

Edit: Also I just realized I’ve been on here for a bit over a year. Sure seems like it’s been longer, but I guess I did only join to comment on Levelhead lol.

Edited on by Blooper987

jedgamesguy

@Blooper987 Man that’s been a rough few weeks indeed, I’m very sorry about all that. Most of those were beyond your control... except the prom one. That was a matter of freezing out of indecision. If you and that girl are actually friends you could tell her you intended to ask her out... I dunno. I’ve been in situations like that, and the only solution is to throw caution to the wind and ask. If you don’t ask you’ll never get an answer.

Well make sure you saved those text messages from you to your manager, because you can use that if they try and... sabotage your pay when you inevitably don’t turn up on the 28th. Especially if it’s on WhatsApp, and if they saw them with double blue ticks and all.

If you’ve been working very hard, and if you believe you’ve done so beyond expectation you’re well within your rights to ask for a raise. I don’t think there’s anything stopping you from doing it legally, so... go for it.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@Blooper987 Stay calm, Its just all building out, but were comes build up, comes release.

This is my wisdom I give to you. somebody else should be able to help you in other area's, this is mine.

And about the prom, don't worry, it suck you didn't get a chance to ask her out, but now you know better, maybe you can't ask her to the prom, but maybe to hang out or get a cup of Joe?

Edited on by Snatcher

Blooper987

@TheJGG currently, I’m planning on telling my manager that I’m not gonna be able to work that much each week and try to lower it to four days a week or something. Problem is we’re understaffed and half the people who work there can’t legally work after 7 due to their age.

Other thing is me and the girl I was gonna ask are friends, I don’t necessarily like her as a crush or anything, but it would’ve been nice to go with her especially since we probably won’t be able to hang out or talk much after this week due to me graduating and all that.

BruceCM

Oh, yeah, I do occasionally post comments on articles, @Tyranexx .... But I didn't look at them for that one!
Welcome to the text-walls club, @Snatcher! Don't worry about doing those if you have a lot to say, though. It's better than double/ triple posting

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@Snatcher @TheJGG Absolutely, agreed with you both. I mean, it's totally fine if he dislikes games aimed for an older demographic, but yeah he's gonna have to handle stuff like that better than this. That'd be like if I said that Persona 5 is a bad game because it's not Mario! (Obviously, I don't think that.) I think I'll end this little Anti-Matter thing here though.

@Blooper987 Just wanted to say that I hope things get better for you soon. It does sound like a tough couple weeks for sure.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

@BruceCM Ya, Its why I did one this time, I had alot to say. all though @ThanosReXXX is going to be giving me the side eye LOL.

Edited on by Snatcher

Mr-Fuggles777

@Snatcher I remember that conversation.
I'm quite concerned that he isn't as active here.............does that now make me the weird hard to get along with guy?

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

jedgamesguy

@Mr-Fuggles777 I doubt you're as eccentric as Voldemort (You Know Who) but we'll see!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

bimmy-lee

@Snatcher - Ugh, man I seriously NEED to stop talking about Anti. I actually hate talking about people if we don’t at them/they aren’t here, yet I always get dragged into these conversations because I’ve stuck up for him a few times and text him on IG. I’ve seen him talked about for days here, and it’s gross, and here we are again. He’s just a dude. It’s on you if you’re obsessed with him. He can’t do anything about that. He doesn’t need to change, and he sure as hell doesn’t need advice, and to think he does proves one’s own ignorance. I’m done here until the conversation has completely moved on, it’s ridiculous.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Snatcher

@bimmy-lee Ok fair, sorry I made you uncomfortable/upset, And I'm not telling the guy to change, I just really don't agree with his view's and I wanted to ask you as I think you know more about him then me, and I wanted to know if I had the wrong idea on the guy, That is tho, going to be the last time I talk about anti, like alot of other people here are, It was my last words on the topic.

Edit: speaking of moving on to another topic, I just had the feeling to check out animal crossing new leaf as I don't have NH, and Wow the things I haven't done, My loan needs to be payed off, Events, one store I never got,

So you know what, I'm going to put some time in this weekend to do some animal crossing NH, It might be hard mixing in some MH rise, but I should be good.

Probably my last post for the night, And I might speak here and there, so if I don't reply thats why.

Edited on by Snatcher

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic