Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,421 to 51,440 of 96,534

bimmy-lee

@Snatcher - Complex is a way to describe it I guess. I’ll try to send him a message this afternoon and see what’s up. I’m sure he’s fine though, people take breaks from interacting from time to time.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

jedgamesguy

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@TheJGG Yeah... now you finally know the truth. Don't make fun of it, though or I'll have to snap my fingers...

Silly me... and here I was thinking the XXX meant your birth year. Like @MarioLover92, Landroid91 (Tyranexx), Zeldafan79, our very own @ogo79 and so on. Was gonna ask how you were managing to give us your classic dry wit at ninety years old...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

Eel wrote:

Only 30's kids will remember

Untitled

Thanos remembering his early years, thinking to himself "man those were the days..."

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

bimmy-lee

You kids and your “talkies” have no idea about REAL entertainment. If you’ve never sat around the radio with your Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring eagerly awaiting the secret message, you just haven’t lived. Yessir, things were better then in the 1930s, we had grit and gumption then, something you kids would known nothing ABOUT! Where’s a cloud, I’m gonna yell at it!

limby-bee was a jerk.

Snatcher

I love threads, comments suck.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sunsy

@Snatcher You and me both, I find myself posting comments less and less because of how heated comments sections can get. I do find myself commenting occasionally on articles that don't seem "sensitive" for lack of a better phrase, like expressing excitement or happiness for a newly announced game for example, or even the "what game are you playing this weekend" posts (BTW, this past weekend, it was Apex Legends, love the new 3v3 Arena mode).

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

bimmy-lee

@Link-Hero - Well, he clearly occupies a chunk of your headspace, and this can’t be good for you. He clearly doesn’t want your “advice” as you seem to think of it, so just forget about him entirely. And how would he know you’re talking to him when you don’t at him unless he has you on ignore?

limby-bee was a jerk.

Zuljaras

@bimmy-lee Just to add something on the matter He admitted to Eel that he is logging out of his account just to see who (and what) is talking about him.

He just want attention and drama because he is lonely and depressed often as almost nobody want to be his friend

bimmy-lee

@Link-Hero - Well that should tell you all you need to know about the level of interaction he wants to have with you.

@Zuljaras - Haha, that’s pretty dramatic, but not entirely surprising. I did mention to Thanos that I understand now that at least a certain amount of the drama that comes up for him is self inflicted, but I guess that’s just the way things are for him.

limby-bee was a jerk.

CANOEberry

@Eel I don't think I've ever had any of comments edited before. May I ask why this was done?

CANOEberry

Eel

@COVIDberry Ah that one. It came up in the profanity filter, and I swapped out the word.

In case you're curious, it was the word you used to describe yourself. The one that can be used to describe something that is "thorny". It is detected as profanity here.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

Ah that one. It came up in the profanity filter, and I swapped out the word.

In case you're curious, it was the word you used to describe yourself. The one that can be used to describe something that is "thorny". It is detected as profanity here.

This reminds me of a piece of British slang I was innocent about until a few years ago. Let's just say a lazy American form of "Get", in addition to a cheekily named source control platform apparently raises a few eyebrows on the British Isles.

@Snatcher I've heard of Arlo, but I don't believe I've ever watched any of that channel's content. I might check that out. I have heard of that BotW review, but I don't think I can sit through an entire three hours lol.

@BruceCM Yep, I found it wiser to take my two cents, so to speak, and post my thoughts on the matter in the respective thread. My take would have, at the best, been swallowed by the comments on that article. I believe the article itself was well-intentioned and indeed meant to fuel healthy debate. However, the sheer amount of comments before I even posted (Thankfully they're collapsed on mobile) is usually a pretty good indicator that any coherent discussion is swallowed up by Trubbish.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@TheJGG Hope that shot is treating you well. It is very wise to get it in your non-dominant arm, in my case my right. I usually sleep on my left side anyway. I was prepared for the worst after the side effects my mother dealt with, but I needn't have worried. It's strange, because my immune system is usually pretty hyperactive. Especially around now/allergy season. I've heard the average recovery time is 12-48 hours for the most part if there are any side effects, but those vary by person. I'd argue the arm soreness was worse the first time, in fact.

As for why I want to post in the Skyward Sword article, before thinking better of it; I wanted to put how I felt out there, but I realized pretty early that it wouldn't be worth the headache. It's a shame that I need to tiptoe around some articles; the Pokemon and Zelda series especially as they're two of my absolute favorites. And yes, those rotten beetles come back every year. They're an invasive species here with few effective control methods. Unfortunately they aren't picky about what they eat, and they're attracted to an American Elm in my backyard. There's no way to keep them off of my roses besides manually knocking them into a bucket of suds. Their smell attracts more of their fellows, so unfortunately that method is...well, I don't know about the most effective, but it is environmentally friendly. They aren't the only pests I contend with, but a large amount of them can completely skeletonize a tree or plant.

TheJGG wrote:

With things like going out with friends, it's fun only to a certain extent, after which it feels like a waste.

I don't know about reincarnation, but I 100% agree! I certainly have friends I like going out with, but I'm certainly not one of those people who needs human interaction every weekend night. Different people can definitely change the dynamics of an excursion, what you do, one's own feelings, etc. Friends are certainly unique, awesome, dynamic, and precious.

I'm still listening to those tracks when browsing the forums. In some cases, I daresay I like them better than the originals! It's fun listening to different takes on a song, especially if it's one I'm very familiar with. I'm really curious about what else you'll put out in relation to the Final Fantasy series. While I've only played VI to date, I am familiar with a couple other tracks from the series in my online wanderings, such as One Winged Angel.

On Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne: I think I've decided to pass it up for now. Underwhelming changes you lightly touched upon aside, my backlog is still stuffed full of RPGs. If I were to wade into the series, it would probably be with a more recent entry. At least...if the games work anything like most Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest entries where there's little to no relationship between them. How reliant some series like the Trails games are on the player playing through previous entries can be a big part as to whether or not I dive into them.

As for the Final Fantasy series, I'm looking forward to learning more about XVI, though I highly suspect it won't make the Switch anytime soon...or at all. The game is in part why I'm looking forward to what Square Enix shows off at E3. I do certainly look forward to the time when we can trade notes on more FF games! Alas, my experience only extends to VI for now.

Honestly, I used to think I was strictly into RPGs with fantasy settings. However, playing classics like Chrono Trigger and Earthbound, and then more modern takes on sci-fi/fantasy showed me that, yes, RPGs in settings outside of swords and magic can be quite fun! To be fair, I didn't really get into RPGs outside of the Pokemon series until high school; I didn't have a lot of exposure to them when I was younger. At least around here, if not in general, RPGs used to be pretty niche. I wouldn't advise getting Eos injected into your bloodstream until sometime after your Covid shots are over; I'm not sure your immune system could take it! As for FF VII and VIII....I was considering grabbing the physical dual pack that released in Japan, but I'm on the fence about even playing VIII. I think I'll stick to digital releases where VII-IX* are concerned.

I've read the BotW DLC adds, at least, another 20 hours to the game. Which suits me quite nicely. I'm sure there's more to Revali than what I witnessed in the game. He just seemed...full of himself. He did seem to grudgingly accept Link's prowess after freeing Vah Medoh, but that didn't stop him coming off as a bit of a jerk lol. Granted, he isn't the only champion who I'd like to see more character development for. All four of them are awesome characters in their own ways. Very well written, wonderful personalities, and more than deserving of their titles in my book.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - I did it once as well with a word Borat uses often that we might use light heartedly as a synonym to “hobo” or “drifter”, but it turns out it’s hate speak in other parts of the world; so I’m glad Eel stealth edited me before too many people saw it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Having watched the actual video at one point, I made a judicial decision and decided to stick with text; I felt that was probably bending a few rules. Sorry to disappoint.

My sympathies on the gum difficulties. I hope that's sorted soon! I've definitely had my share of dental work done, as well as all four wisdom teeth removed.

@bimmy-lee Duly noted. I may know which word you're referring to, though that's news to me as well. That said, I have, unfortunately, never seen Borat. It's another member of the "Movies Tyranexx Needs To See" list.

(Edit: I wasn't edited here or anything in regards to that piece of slang, it was just a piece of commentary I came across in passing.)

Edited on by Tyranexx

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - It was actually in real life that this happened. It was kinda weird. I used the word, and Eel just popped in and took it back for me while kindly supplying a non offensive alternative... sorry, I misread your post!

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic