Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,461 to 51,480 of 96,531

bimmy-lee

@Snatcher - I’m not upset, it’s just long since time to move on (and never go back) in my opinion. I don’t find him weird because I’m weird. He’s just funny, and we’re all just silly, smelly humans; so no need to expect more of someone else than we ourselves are capable of. To deem someone as needing to change is gross, and the things we say about someone like Anti speak more about us than him.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Snatcher

@bimmy-lee I don't think he should change at all, and If I said that, its not what I mean. But yes it is time to move on, And I can see were your coming from to, I was kinda treating him as a marshin, so if anti ever sees this, I have never seen you that way at all and I was not trying to make it out this way, and if I have ever made anyone feel this way i'm very sorry. again I will move on from this and this will be the last reply I give on the topic.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

Yeah @Tyranexx the vaccine process went quite well. From the time I entered the stripped down shopping mall vaccination centre, to receiving my vaccine… I’d say it took me twenty minutes. It was so efficient and it made the process much smoother. I don’t know if the vaccination went well itself, because it was plastered immediately. When I returned home the plaster was quite dirty with blood, so I’m guessing that was normal. My arm’s been hurting ever since I got the vaccine, and I also sleep on my side. My left side, unfortunately. Meaning every time I rested my head on my arm… it flared up. So I didn’t sleep that well!

Again, I can relate very well. I was less anxious about the vaccine, more the side-effects. I was worried I’d suffer a fever, nausea, or headaches but apart from the muscle aching there was nothing happening. (Having said that I’m getting a minor headache now so maybe it’s kicking in…)

As I said to @Snatcher… post your thoughts here! Or in the dedicated Skyward Sword thread. Most of those rotten beetles in the comments section don’t bother gracing the forum goers with their presence, so I seldom comment. Only if it’s something so ridiculously specific that it can’t be carried to forums. We can all compare notes on our reactions to the latest Breath of the Wild sequel trailer when it absolutely 100% arrives on June 13th. Sometimes the animosity is very frustrating to see, because most times I hit the comments just to see what other people think of a various topic. Should have known better!

I’ve made sure to try and branch out when I moved last year. Over the years I’ve found that having a group of six good friends is infinitely better than twenty-five who could all move on without you. Which is why the dynamics the Phantom Thieves have in Persona 5, as well as the dynamic between the four bro’s in Final Fantasy XV, have the resonance they have with me.

That’s high praise you’re giving, my thanks! My style is just to recreate the songs 1:1 and usually I’d avoid using “real” instruments for melodies. Like in the One-Winged Angel arrangement you’d notice I used a lot of synths for lead melodies but for long chords I use real instruments like strings, horns and more. Most times leads are strings and synth at the same time, the string for the sound and the synth to back it up… It was basically born out of necessity, but there’s times when the style creates a very good song. If I may; which track is your favourite?

I feel the same, although the game releases today I have zero urge to buy it. I’m very busy with Final Fantasy XV, plus I already bought the first six mainline Kingdom Hearts titles, enough for many a long year. I think the game is very dated (I’d argue Final Fantasy X aged better than this) but its SMT, so I may as well give it a try. I was never a fan of the Persona fusion nonsense in the Persona games… I’m also a bit interested in getting into the Atelier series, even though it has another crafting system.

We’ll have time for that in due course, don’t you worry! There’s bigger things to worry about than getting a PS5… but that’s something that’ll pay dividends. Final Fantasy XVI looks fantastic from the one trailer we’ve gotten so… it’s anyone’s guess what it’ll be all about. Seems there’s a list of “Games Tyranexx should play” as well as a list of “Movies Tyranexx should watch”! Ah well, we have time!

Fantasy RPGs are great. But games like Final Fantasy blend sci-fi and tech in cool ways. With VI and VII it’s steampunk, with XV it’s full on tech, like flying cars, and I imagine the first few were purely magic. Magitek is a great term and it’s proven to exist harmoniously. Xenoblade’s a magitek series, because you have sci-fi and fantasy. X leans more to sci-fi, and 2 leans to fantasy. The first game’s the middleman.

I won’t inject Eos into myself… because it’s already been happening! Since early May that is; and it’s an injection that’s been wholly on my terms!

Breath of the Wild’s DLC is fantastic, if a bit underwhelming story wise. It’s a supplement, not a standalone adventure, so keep that in mind. It strengthens the core experience and adds some legitimately awesome quests, items, and more. Revali is ultimately my favourite champion due to his appearances in the DLC and Age of Calamity. Mipha’s second, Daruk’s third, and Urbosa’s last. The latter never really connected with me…

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

bimmy-lee

@Snatcher - Oh, he’s definitely seeing this, he’s been reading with a giant smile on his face for days while eating an unending box of popcorn I’m sure. Anyway, I’m speaking generally, not specifically at you, you just gave me the platform to do it. Anyway friend, as you said, moving on.

limby-bee was a jerk.

1UP_MARIO

bimmy-lee wrote:

I don’t find him weird because I’m weird. He’s just funny, and we’re all just silly, smelly humans; so no need to expect more of someone else than we ourselves are capable of. To deem someone as needing to change is gross, and the things we say about someone like Anti speak more about us than him.

Great comment and made me smile.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

bimmy-lee

We’re de worming the new mutt this week. It’s really gross. She made it known late last week that there was a problem with her insides by lining the evidence out on the new rug in the basement so that I could get a REAL good look at it.

@1UP_MARIO - Glad you could get a smile outta that!

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

TheJGG wrote:

Silly me... and here I was thinking the XXX meant your birth year... Was gonna ask how you were managing to give us your classic dry wit at ninety years old...

Nope, Thanos is the name, Rex stands for king, which is actually also an indirect translation of my real world name, and the triple X at the end stands for both extra large and a nod to adult entertainment, for which I make no apologies: I'm a dominant, life-enjoying being. Which is also why happenings like this pandemic are killing me in more ways than one, but finally, there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel.

As for my wit: that's as sharp now at 51 as it has ever been, and I don't imagine it being dulled by time. If anything, it becomes more refined and sharp with age. Like a fine wine, except with a cheeky touch of malevolence...

@bimmy-lee @Tyranexx @Snatcher Thanks for the wishing-well's, people. Here's a break down of the ultimately relatively happy ending:

After having suffered the seven circles of hell pain-wise yesterday, bordering on an 11.5 on a scale of 1 to 10, I finally got some relief as I was able to carefully lance the adult caterpillar-size abscess on the upper right side of my jaw above my maulers. That came after an entire day of hellish pain, rinsing with mouth water, numbing and disinfecting with pain killers and other meds, using homebrew/homeopathic solutions like turmeric paste (a natural disinfectant and cure against inflammation) and a nap here or there. That ultimately resulted in the in a previous comment mentioned swollen chipmunk face, and instead of deciding to wait until nature ran its course, I took a needle, went to the bath room and lanced it. Some nice stuff came out, dark blood included.

At that point, I almost believed that I actually slowly AM turning into my avatar...

Either way, after a reasonably good night's sleep, the swelling has all but disappeared, and only a minor ache remains, somewhere far in the distance, not even registering a 1 on the previously mentioned scale. So, long story short: he's ba-hack...

@Snatcher You're expecting WAY too much from me, tag master...
I'll only ever mention it once or twice, if people try to out-text wall me, but in general, I hate repeating myself.

@ogo79 Better start saving up for those "made to order" @Zuljaras sculptures, then. I hear that p&p from his location to the US isn't all that cheap...

@bimmy-lee On a side note, and the last thing I'll say about it: Anti does not need to change, necessarily, but as you yourself have also noticed, going by your initial comment to me about it, he most definitely could do with some learning or growing. People need to grow/evolve, both in experience and wisdom/insight, otherwise we're doomed to keep going in circles, and that's what he's doing, and sadly enough, it seems to be kind of a downward spiral. You say that people sometimes take a break, which is true, and nothing weird in and of itself, but most of us and other people that we've noticed on NLife here or in other threads, announce their breaks, they don't just disappear suddenly. To be honest, I kind of find it worrisome, in his case, because he's also WAY too sensitive for a grown man, sometimes, so yeah...

Suffice to say that I wouldn't want to hear anything bad or sad happening in relation to him. Even though he'd never be my kind of person in any kind of scenario, I'd only wish that upon the worst of the worst and he's never even come remotely close to that. I sometimes did have images of a funny Dutch saying, which loosely translated goes like this: "a donkey does not stumble upon the same stone twice", basically meaning that only dumb, ignorant or stubborn people keep repeating the same thing over and over again.

And in line with that saying, another one comes to mind, often attributed to Einstein, but probably first coined by Mark Twain or even by some other character a lot longer ago: "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

Not saying he's insane, obviously, but those two sayings kind of point out the sore spot: the autism, the self-righteousness and the downright heels in the sand points of view concerning anything that's opposing his own views and/or likes.

Okay, I'll stop here. That already went on for longer than I expected to mention. But that's what it boils down to for me. As mentioned, I have experience with people in the spectrum, and once they're in their own mind or anger, it's VERY hard to get them out of it, let alone at such a distance, and not having any means of communicating. Oh, well. I suppose time will tell what's really up with the old DDR king...

@Tyranexx P.S.

All four wisdom teeth removed, huh? I'll refrain from making jokes in regards to relating that and your hair color to a reduced level of intelli... oh, wait: I said I wouldn't. Whoopsie...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX No way, this text wall is probably going to be a one time thing (Right?)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - You made some fine points there, and let that be the final word. But seriously man... wow, that sounds like a heck of a procedure you performed on yourself, whoof, when my brain really wants to terrorize me; it makes terrible mouth and teeth nightmares. Do you know the root cause and how to prevent it? I’m glad you were able to get relief in the end, but it sounds like a real rough day leading up to it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Heck of a procedure? Just a pin pierce, that's all. And a bit of slow squeezing, like a tube of tooth paste...

All kidding aside, though, I do at least know part of the cause, which is simply me having bad teeth in general, or rather: sensitive teeth, meaning that no matter how well I take care of them, I still have some issues with either my teeth or my gums every now and then. Usually minor discomforts, but sometimes, like yesterday, I'm treated to some "nicer" surprises...

All things considered, I was kind of lucky that I had the day off, due to it being a holiday over here, but even if it wasn't a day off, I was in no condition to go to work anyways. And sadly enough, I didn't really enjoy my extra day off either, obviously. Everybody wants their days off to last as long as possible, but having them last that long in this way is something I'd definitely not recommend to or wish upon anyone.

Oh, well. It's all water under the bridge now. Moving on, I'll get my next and completely pain free day off around E3, so I'll be able to follow everything live as it happens, regardless of the odd broadcasting hours, relative to my neck of the woods...

Edited on by Eel

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Thanks, I didn't need to sleep tonight anyway's.

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher Huh? Say what now?

kkslider5552000

Y'know, I was keeping this avatar beyond just June to make a point but I kept it so long its now almost June again. I want to say I was really REALLY making a point, but I mostly just never bothered to change it lol.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

@kkslider5552000 fun fact, we have one specific user who reports it as inappropriate every now and then. Other avatars with rainbows too. I won't be saying who it is, but I figured you might enjoy that bit of gossip.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I want to say I was really REALLY making a point...

The point being that rainbows are actually straight and not bent at all?

bimmy-lee

Heh, sorry about that, it’s not a lifestyle thing, I swear. I just reeeally hate rainbows. I’m Gargamel in real life, and I hate everything that’s nice and pretty.

@ThanosReXXX - Well, it may have been simple procedurally, but it took an awful lot of guts to stick a pin in there & take matters into your own hands. Just another reason to not mess with a purple Titan I guess.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, like I said, it was either that, or let nature run its course, which would possibly mean it bursting at an inconvenient time, such as during my sleep, making a mess on my pillow or something. And it was a small sewing needle, smaller than a tooth pick so you don't even feel the sting. It's not like I was using a surgical injection on myself...

Then again: I suppose that not everyone is as comfortable with poking holes in their own body as me.
I just figured it had to be done, so suck it up and stick that needle in boy, is what I told myself.

Nah, not really. No thinking, just doing. Gut feeling/reaction. Always works best for me. And the pain relief almost instantly afterwards... man, talk about seeing and feeling rainbows open up in the sky.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

kkslider5552000

Eel wrote:

fun fact, we have one specific user who reports it as inappropriate every now and then. Other avatars with rainbows too. I won't be saying who it is, but I figured you might enjoy that bit of gossip.

Yes, that is actually worth knowing. That's so funny omg.

ThanosReXXX wrote:

The point being that rainbows are actually straight and not bent at all?

Oh wow my avatar was more fitting for me than I thought.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThanosReXXX

@kkslider5552000 You just keep doing you, and you'll do just fine. In my own experience I've found that anything even remotely resembling over-exerting, over-compensating, over-exaggerating or being dead set to prove yourself or a specific point is either going to get you the exact opposite result of the one you're trying to achieve, or it'll at least rub a considerable portion of the community the wrong way.

My personal views on that are simple: I'm just myself, bits and bobs and all, and no matter what mannerisms, orientation, preferences etc. etc., I'm not going to bend or adapt to ANYONE, so if people don't like me or can't handle me, then that's their problem and they're probably not even worth my time.

Do with that what you will. Long story short: don't conform, don't spend too much time "proving" something, just be yourself. That should be MORE than enough. People will either get that or not, and the former kind of people will also respect you and those will be worth spending time with and on, the others are best left alone.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic