Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,381 to 51,400 of 96,472

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Haha, yeah, that sounds like the typical discussion with Anti alright. Well, if even you can't get through to him, then who could? At least you tried, as I have sometimes, even though I was a bit harsh at times, but I'm not exactly from the school of kid gloves, especially not when it comes to adults. For kids,
I have a near unlimited supply of patience, unless they're the kind that can make your blood boil in mere moments, but grown ups need to get with the program alright, or else get out of my way.

I've found that there's two things that he'll probably never understood, or will understand: moderation and the fact, as you already pointed out, that not everyone likes the same things. Some of his last comments that stand out, are comments asking why no one responds to him, and subsequently taking that WAY too personal. I obviously can't speak for others, but if you post something that doesn't interest me and I'm also not tagged in that comment, then I usually see no reason to react or reply myself, unless of course people keep complaining or repeating themselves, in which case I might be triggered to address that.

You know, just like with various other people on here, I'd sometimes wonder what he'd be like in real life.
I know that having to interpret each other's comments can already lead to misunderstandings between native speakers, due to the missing ingredients of tone of voice and being able to look at each other's facial expressions, so talking to a non-native English speaker puts another layer of difficulty on top of that, and then there's of course region of origin, adding differing views and/or beliefs, social mannerisms, and for him specifically, there's also Asperger's to add yet another layer of potential misunderstanding.

Trying to get through to that is already pretty tough in a face to face situation, let alone on an internet forum with just text. So, even though I do have some experience with people in the spectrum of autism, all the additional layers that factor in definitely don't make it any easier.

Anyway, if you don't know either what's up, then it's probably better to move on and lay this topic to rest, lest it becomes a "let's all complain about Anti" discussion. As mentioned in my initial comment to you about him, we may not always see eye to eye, but I bear him no ill will.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Well put and agreed on all fronts. He’s a good dude. He’ll be back, and we can make him feel good by letting him know we noticed he wasn’t around and missed him.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Oh I love FE3H as I am sure you have noticed. So I am happy to hear you grabbed it!

Yeah, tsundere is the trope of the person, usually but not always, a girl, who hides her real feeling by being kinda mean. "It's not like I am explaining this for your sake, dummy!" Lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

@WoomyNNYes
Star trek is for posers
I see no skeletons.
Therefore star trek is for posers

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah that reminds me, I used to make a few Mega Man comics as well, though they were on the classic series. They were...also not very good. lol

Ah okay, I've heard of Phoenix Wright before, I had a friend from middle school who was really into it. Perhaps I'll give it a shot on Switch one of these days. I do have one of the Professor Layton games (it was the Curious Village), though I didn't get very far. I had a hard time with some of the puzzles the game threw at me.

Wow that sounds fun, falling through the floor. I also know that Pokemon Red and Blue were quite notorious for the many glitches you could do, like encountering Missingno.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

bimmy-lee

@Snatcher - Hey, sorry, I didn’t see your reply earlier, and now I don’t know what it was that I did know then. What did I know, so that I can remember?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

WoomyNNYes

Am I late to the party discovering these? A Roomba-like car your kid can ride on. (Nevermind they advertise it with kids riding them so close to the pool's edge, and they're slow af). $159.99.

amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08217LMZ2/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?pd_...

@Eel, you could moderate from one of these.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes I would have loved riding on one of these as a kid. If only they came out way back then! But yeah...I wish they were just a little faster. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

I was originally going to comment on that Skyward Sword amiibo article....Then I read the first few comments, which led me to realize that there were a TON already. I didn't think my sanity or patience would weather the *****$t0rm (Edit: Dang, and I even used special characters! XD) well, so I stuck with the respective thread lol. In general, the forums are definitely more sane. I usually tend to refrain from commenting in the more obviously thorny articles, though I'm not always the best judge of how things will turn out if I'm "lucky" to comment early sometimes. Heck, I've scaled down my main site comments in general. At least the Saturday "What Games Are You Playing This Weekend?" and Box Art Brawl articles are usually relatively safe.

That's not to say I dislike healthy debate, because I welcome that. I just prefer not to waste my time and energy with people who have already made up their minds that I'm a crazy heretic lol.

Finally, the obligatory "Toxic" video:

@BruceCM I might just use a guide for the monastery stuff; I'm sure it'll save me a few hours of aimless wandering and pointless effort lol. I do like experimenting on my own in games, but I also don't care to waste too much time these days since it's a precious commodity. Why am I an adult again?

@TheJGG IOU one mega post. I should have more time tomorrow evening. Good luck with your shot!

@Heavyarms55 So I gathered! I ordered it at the beginning of the month during an Amazon sale where it was down to $40. With the amount of content on offer, how could I refuse? Originally the email said it wouldn't ship until next week, but it was thankfully off the mark; the game came in about a week ago. Too, the game has been out for almost two years. From past experience, most games outside of niche titles, small print runs, and limited editions sit on the shelves for 2-3 years on average. Unless they're evergreen titles that sell well, like Mario Kart.

Nope, tsundere definitely doesn't describe Camilla; to her credit, she's at least VERY open about her feelings, even if she is a bit one-note lol.

@MarioLover92 I actually salvaged some of my old sprite art before I closed my old Photobucket account awhile back and have it saved. I might drop a couple of Pokemon maps on PostImage when I get the chance and show you. I used to be involved with a couple of Pokemon roleplay forums (Rated T) back in the day. The one with the maps involved creating a few towns (some with gyms) for a region in the process of being settled; after 3-4 gyms, the trainer would eventually come to the "frontier"; the intention there was for players to help further settle the region and, eventually, create their own gyms. It never really took off past a point unfortunately.

An acquaintance/former coworker got me interested in the Phoenix Wright series. He has played most of the entries and really talked up the series. Some of his tastes align with mine quite well; it's in part due to him that I'm not a Dragon Quest fan. As for Professor Layton, I've played the original trilogy. However, I haven't played the prequel trilogy or spinoffs yet. I'm trying to collect most of them before copies shoot up in price even more. Unfortunately at this point I'm SoL on Layton vs. Phoenix Wright due to physical cart scarcity/costs and, in the case of the digital version, a lack of SD card space. I'll also have to get Azran Legacy digital as it didn't have a long print run; 3DS copies, used even, are going for about $70-80 USD.

Ah yes...Missingno. I encountered it a few times! I wasn't crazy enough to catch it, but I did make use of the replication glitch from encountering it. Let's just say leveling my team in Blue was VERY easy. The only price I paid was a slightly screwed up hall of fame record.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@bimmy-lee Me nodding my head LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Tyranexx If you have ever seen the youtuber arlo, he is going to do a video on this, and he is not a toxic person at all, he does very long review 's for games, he is known for his 3 hour review for BOTW.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

ogo79

Zuljaras wrote:

Finished the sculpture!

Untitled

Now I need to finish my painting and we are done for the contest!

whoa hey!
i missed this.
thats fantastic.
i remember fighting that @**h**e in every castlevania game he was in, including harmony of despair, over and over to get the rare items. oooh my castlevania tales i could bore yall with, like taking almost a year to grind for sonic boots...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

jedgamesguy

G'day to all of you, this'll likely be my only post today, but you never know. I'm getting my first Coronavirus vaccine dose, and hopefully with any luck I'll get it on my non-dominant left arm. With typing it literally doesn't matter but that's just one finger less to use.

Strangely I've realised I only use two fingers to type, both index fingers, that is.

I was reading the posts from the last few pages, and @Snatcher's comments on... well... the comments section, is quite poignant. A lot of people frequenting this thread also bravely venture into the comments section, and of course I can't speak for everyone but I highly discourage it. Especially after seeing various articles that may be intended to spark debate, but ultimately create animosity, hate and abuse. So.. @Tyranexx... I will be perfectly honest and I'll say that I have little clue why you were considering commenting on the Skyward Sword amiibo article! But we're not babies, the guys in the comments are. So it's all just a matter of who can actually have healthy debate. I know you're in that club, so spending time in the comments, in my view at least, is disrespecting yourself. Ultimately do the right thing

Then we have the idiots who join the site, and five minutes later make stupid forum threads to either bash Nintendo, say something controversial or flat out wrong, or to make a ridiculously long post on something that frankly nobody cares about. @ThanosReXXX and @Zuljaras... It's partly why I stick to this thread, as a base of operations of sorts. Because not many people'll come here and regularly post. Plus everyone that does frequent this place is experienced.

@Link-Hero Shame... for me, this year especially, it's one of the more exciting events gaming wise. The suspense alone was powerful back in 2019, I nearly killed my family while watching the BotW sequel reveal in a car! That Nintendo are committing to it is intriguing. Besides, there's stuff before and after; the Dragon Quest stream, Summer Game Fest '21... we'll see!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@ogo79 He has such a good chance at winning something, it looks so good.

Snatcher

I'm I the only one that wants to see the Tetrominos in smash, I mean tetris has such a big history with nintendo It would make so much sense, How it would work, I have no idea.

BruceCM

Yeah, with monastery being quite big & it'd get tedious going around talking to everyone every time, @Tyranexx....
There's been some talk about the amiibo in the Skyward Sword thread, which is mostly people saying the feature it adds is almost pointless but I'll see when I play it, since I certainly won't be getting the amiibo

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah... I still expect him to pop up at one point, but we'll see.

ogo79 wrote:

I see no skeletons.

@ogo79 They're in the closet...

P.S.

If you behave like a nice ogo, @Zuljaras might just be persuaded to strike you a deal for that statue, provided he actually gets it back after the contest that he made it for...

@WoomyNNYes That does look cool af. I dare to wager a bet that these can be tuned/super-charged/overclocked somehow. I'm already expecting some tech nerd beavering away at a YouTube video doing just that...

@Tyranexx These are not the Britney Spears videos you're looking for...
Untitled
Man, was I disappointed that it was just text. I suppose the actual video won't pass the mod bar here...

@TheJGG Yep, that's basically what it boils down to: Chit-Chat thread good, comments sections bad. You just have to know how to pick your topics, which is why I avoid anything Pokémon, Zelda or Amiibo-related like the plague...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

the_weakest_link

@Snatcher

I always thought that a stage based off Tetris would be good in Smash. The tetriminoes could fall in the background, not affecting the fight, until they locked into place, then they’d become a section of the stage. Maybe if a line cleared, all fighters standing on the cleared row could be stunned or knock-backed. Honestly, the fighter could function similarly, just on a moveable 8x4 grid size, or something.

the_weakest_link

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic