Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,541 to 49,560 of 96,515

Blooper987

@Tyranexx we have about the same amount of snow where I am. Already shoveled it twice today and I’ll probably have to shovel it in the morning as well. On the plus side, school got canceled for the first time this year. This is probably the worst snow storm we’ve had in a long time. I can’t really think of any time in recent years where we had this much snow! Guess I’ll stay at home and finish 3D world tomorrow since I have nothing to do lol.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
I wonder, do you play some PS2 Japanese games ?
Looking for peoples here who have played Konami's Rhythm games is like really impossible.
I couldn't even talk to somebody who shares same interest with me.
I always felt lonely because my completely different gaming taste.
When peoples here thinking about Konami, they never think about DDR, Beatmania IIDX, Gitadora, something minority.
I don't get it.
When DDR, Beatmania IIDX, Gitadora, etc still get the appeal from million fans of Konami's Rhythm games out there (Japan, Asia, USA), looks like Nobody here that showed any interest with any of them but me.
Sorry if i tagged your name.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Nintendolife dead cells had a new update today could you make a article about it or update another one.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

gcunit

@Anti-Matter I have a few Japanese PS2 games, but I don't think any of them are dance games. I don't have a PS2 dance mat either. I do have a DDR soft dance mat for Wii, and I think I've got one of the DDR Hottest Party games somewhere, but I've hardly touched it so far. One day, when I can sort out my Wii U installations/compatibility.

I do have a few Japanese rhythm games though - I have both Ouendan games and Elite Beat Agents on DS, and I recently bought Taiko no Tatsujin - Drum 'n Fun for Switch. Plus I have the Rhythm Heaven games.

From the little I've experienced of DDR though, I'm not sure the music is particularly to my taste, and I suspect that is possibly behind the apparent lack of Western fans.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Ah, so you have a few experiences with DDR but from Wii.
Let me breakdown the song choices during DDR era.
Konami used Euro Dance songs for their licensed songs during old DDR era on PS1 and PS2, so you will hear the songs such as Butterfly by Smile.dk, Dub-I-Dub by Me & My, Dream a Dream by Captain Jack, Love Machine by Pony Town Boys, Witchdoctor by Cartoon, Dam Dariram by JOGA, etc.
I grew up by those European Euro Dance / Euro Trance songs and that's why i really like to play old DDR games.

The problem was started from DDR Hottest Party 3 Wii when the licensed songs went too Westernized with mainstream licensed songs, for me it was horrible song choices. No Euro Dance, No catchy music, just boring and Undanceable musics. Fortunately the Konami Original songs were pretty solid and way much better than the Western licensed songs.
The newest DDR is DDR A20+, Only on Arcade but Konami brought ALL TOHO Eurobeat songs for DDR A20+ licensed songs, very Initial D in both Japanese and English lyrics.

Oh, speaking about other Konami's Rhythm games, did you know if some DDR songs were from other Konami's rhythm games such as from Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, Drummania, Keyboardmania, Para Para Paradise, etc ?
I made a thread about Beatmania IIDX this morning, hopefully i find at least 1 - 2 peoples who shares same interest with me.

Okay, about Beatmania , it was very old rhythm game from Konami before DDR, Pop'n Music, Drummania, etc were born.
Beatmania is basically rhythm game with finger tapping. You press the piano button like buttons + spin the disc booth to play the game.

At the beginning Beatmania era on PS1, the song choices was really disaster in my opinion, too many weird sound DJ music styles but when Beatmania IIDX has been released on PS2 and Arcade, the songs quality become better and become more Japanese. My favorite Beatmania IIDX is Beatmania IIDX 13 Distorted.

If you interested with finger tapping rhythm games, you can try Beatmania IIDX PS2 games as they have very awesome songs that completely opposite with mainstream Western musics. You will like it.
Here is one example Beatmania IIDX song with the gameplay.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

Guys I'm so close to 100% the first crash game i did slippery Climb without dying now all thats left is light out and I another level I can't remember the name of.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Tyranexx OMG Same here. LOL.

jedgamesguy

YES YES YES YES! A new Nintendo Direct! Who's excited to see what Nintendo has for us this year?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

For people like @ThanosReXXX, @Heavyarms55 and @Tyranexx it'll be easy to watch it, but I'll have to wake up at 1am to see it. Don't care, it'll be worth it.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras Me too man. I just can't wait for all the possible games to be revealed.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
I have to wake up at 4 am, take a morning bath, eat my breakfast before watching the Direct at 5 am.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter I watched the Game Awards for the last two years, and it took place at 2am both times. I have some good alarms, so I'll be able to wake up efficiently.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Sunsy

@Snatcher Wishing you best of luck. Crash Bandicoot 1 is tough, I haven't had a chance to play it until I got the trilogy, found it harder than the other games in the series. I did play Crash 2 and 3, brother had it for his PlayStation.

@TheJGG I am, hopefully dinner is done in time too. Nintendo just loves to put these out whenever I'm making either breakfast or dinner. Usually, I'll have it on while cooking.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Goat_FromBOTW

I just moved somewhere in the Pacific time zone. I keep sleeping in by accident, I really hope I don't miss this.

You know what they say. All toasters, toast, toast!

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG Same here! This should be a good direct.

@Zuljaras I doubt half of the direct will be all about Smash Ultimate. Last I knew, they're done adding game modes to it, so I would imagine them announcing the next DLC fighter at most. I could see them showing off the next update for New Horizons too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@Eel
My instinct said there might be some new games announced outside the Nintendo Direct on playasia.
I oftenly found never before seen upcoming games over there.
I will keep my eyes peeled from playasia.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx No eenie meenies, silly. Get them all...

@TheJGG That's an assumption. And only a partially correct one at that...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic