Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,561 to 49,580 of 96,507

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX But I trust you’ll actually watch the direct? I’m getting shivers thinking about it!

@Sunsy For your sake I suggest eating early! Of course I swap one problem out for another, but I can grab a midnight snack just before 1am.

@MarioLover92 I except games games games. Honestly, I don’t care about Smash much. Eventually it’ll feel overhyped, and it’s starting to enter the grey area between just fine, and overhyped.

I feel sad because not many people are willing to get up at 1am to see it with me. Am I weird? Am I just overhyped for this thing? Hell no! I’m a gamer.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Or not go to bed until after seeing it, @TheJGG .... It's 10pm here, which isn't too bad! I'm certainly interested to see what they have, other than Smash (unless they reveal Tifa for it, of course) Hoping for Star Ocean Second Evolution shadow drop!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@TheJGG Of course I'll watch it. And I'll watch it live, seeing as it'll be aired at 23:00h over here, so I can manage/afford to spend 50 minutes...

As for the other two you mentioned: they live State Side while I live in the Netherlands, as you should know by now, so we're roughly 6 to 8 hours apart, and even though it might be daytime over on their shores, they'll probably be working, so they won't be able to view it until the evening.

Either way, I'm quite curious, but I'm expecting nothing special, seeing as they'll only discuss games coming out this year, so I'll keep myself in check, also so as not to be disappointed at the end of the Direct.

@Anti-Matter Not to bring you down or anything, but I think that even though you've made quite the effort, there's not going to be a whole lot of people that will know of or play the Beatmania games. It's kind of like with your DDR hobby: maybe some of us have all tried it at some point, but it's not many people's favorite game to play in most cases. So, I hope you won't be too disappointed if your newly made thread remains relatively empty. Perhaps there will be some people who'll get curious, who knows.

But hey, I'll end this comment on a positive note with something you might never have expected. I'll wrap it up in a spoiler, so it'll be a surprise. Go ahead and click on it...

Look at what I just bought:
Untitled

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Oooh...!
You bought Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers ?? 😮
Have you played the game once you got the copy ? 😀
What animal will you choose for your Mii ?
I choose Wolf as my Mii.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I'm playing right now. Just a bit, mind you, to try it out. It's already 23.44h over here.
As for the animal I chose, it was bull. Or rather: it seemed to have chosen me, because that was the very first result I got. And I decided to take it, seeing as my star sign is Taurus, so I thought that it was fitting.

Beautiful game, and fun gameplay so far, so I have no regrets having bought it.

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Well personally I took that ending to be a little open on purpose. Personally I like to think they got back together and that comment at the end was the implied start. But it also leaves it open for the viewer to imagine a sadder ending too.

@Tyranexx Okay so not the Pokemon Go Magikarp community day. But on New Years Eve the year Pokemon SW/SH came out, they had raid events in the game for Magikarp with a very high shiny chance. And since I didn't have any other plans on the actual night of the holiday, I decided to just play that. And since it was New Year's though, and I was mildly lonely for my lack of plans, I decided to turn it into a drinking game. I further decided I would not stop trying, until not only did I get a shiny karp, but a shiny karp with the hidden ability too! By roughly 3 or 4 AM, I was plastered and I had 5 shiny Magikarp - the 5th was hidden ability, and then I passed out in bed.

Amazingly, I didn't have much of a hangover the next day. As long as I drink a lot of water in addition to booze, I rarely if ever get hungover. I don't drink to that point very often. In fact, I haven't been that drunk since, but it was a fun evening. If kinda sad and depressing in hindsight. lol

Also, I'm with you on retro titles. I'd rather buy them Virtual Console style. But I could live without that, if they at least improved NSO's very lackluster offerings. I've said before that I totally would pay more, for more content and features on the service.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 How so? After all, they replied positively to each other's comment, so I'd say that their story (re)starts from there.

Still curious about those other things that you mentioned which Western eyes/minds might miss...

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Well exactly because they don't jump into each other's arms like you said. That's why I think it's meant to be left somewhat open to interpretation. That's how I read it anyway.

I'd have to go back and rewatch the movie to give exact details, but there's some quirks with Japanese that come up that, if you're not familiar with Japanese, a western viewer wouldn't catch and I have no idea how they would express them in English. Not just the scene with the whole "watashi, boku, ore" pronoun confusion "he" has. And there's some humor that would probably be missed for people who haven't been to Japan as well. Gosh darn it, now I need to watch this movie again! XD

Edited on by Heavyarms55

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 You say that as if that's a bad thing!

Tyranexx

I was correct, another 1-2 inches arrived overnight. It was hard to take an accurate measurement with all the drifting, but the snow in my front yard measured 9 inches (~23 cm). Area totals have ranged from 8.5 to 10.5 inches (~21.5-26.7 cm). I did manage to shovel out my driveway; some of the previous shoveling did help out lol. The snow plows and drifting did complicate matters. Good news is it's a light, powdery snow, so it wasn't too hard to move overall. Other than the top layer; despite the cold temps today, the sun was out, so a bit of melting did ensue.

@Blooper987 This is our first major snow event of the winter; we've had an inch or two here or there, but nothing this crazy. December was quite mild, January was cool but kinda rainy with some snow. There was only one large snowfall last winter - in mid-December - but I think that one only amounted to about 6 inches. Typically snow events only dump about 3-5 inches on average here.

By far the worst winter in recent memory was in early 2014 though; two large snowstorms that dumped nearly this amount in the beginnings of January and February. The previous snow had barely melted off before the February storm came roaring through. It's exceedingly rare that they actually close all roads here.

@Snatcher So you're also currently dumping snow out of your pants and wishing it was the wet, packing kind used to make decent snowballs?

@TheJGG Oh, I am VERY excited about the Nintendo Direct announcement! 8D I love Directs, though I intentionally keep my expectations in check so that I'm pleasantly surprised and don't wildly speculate like many. Unfortunately it airs at 4 PM my time, so I'll still be at work. I'll have to go on media blackout from shortly before it airs until I can get home and watch it on my own time. It's more fun that way vs. reading about all the revealed content first.

@ThanosReXXX Catch them all, you say? I've wanted to be a Pokemon master since I was a kid, but an animation master is something I haven't considered.... :thinking_face:

@Heavyarms55 Ah, so you meant in Sw/Sh. Sounds like a productive raid night, though I'm not sure if I would've turned it into a drinking game lol. All the same, congrats on the shiny hidden ability Magikarp!

I've never been mondo drunk; I drink socially at events and celebrations, but it's rare that I buy booze when out and very rarely store it in my home. I've been buzzed/tipsy once, and that was entirely by accident. I learned the hard way that you don't mix two very different drinks in your system in the span of an hour lol.

I'd almost give up VC (Not that we'll have much choice after the 3DS and Wii U eshops shut down) if Nintendo would indeed improve the offerings on NSO. I understand that adding games to the service takes time and effort, but they could at least stick with more well-known titles and add more platforms. In the latest update, they announced four games. I've only heard of one of them: * Fire ’n Ice*. Only in passing.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG It's honestly been a while since I played Smash Bros. I didn't even get fighters pass 2 yet, lol. And yeah, I'll try to see it the moment it goes live. I'll be well awake by that time!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Like, NSO is based around emulation. I understand that building a decent emulator takes time, but people do it for fun in their spare time. So it shouldn't be hard for Nintendo to do. Once that's done it's. Mostly just adding the rom files and bug fixing. If I were Nintendo I would assign a small team whose sole job it is to flesh out their NSO offerings. We are talking NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, N64 and GC. That's 8 systems and the only 2 that the Switch "might" have some issues with are N64 and GC. Everything else has fan made emulators running on 5 year old cell phones. Nintendo could do it. Then give us 4 games a month afterwards until we've got a good 35-50 titles per system and suddenly NSO goes from widely mocked to a hell of a great deal! And again I would pay more, if they offered more.

As for drinking I am a light drinker, I hold my booze well and maybe once or twice a year get past a buzz. And only get buzzed maybe once or twice a month. But it was a productive raid night. And even got the karp in a lure ball!

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Oh yeah, it was snowing a lot here yesterday, as well. The snow just kept on pouring, lol. Not sure how much exactly, but it definitely looked like a lot!

And yeah, with the older consoles might not work because of that. That can get pretty annoying. My Super Game Boy cart hasn't worked for years now.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 It's hard saying what Nintendo's thought process is sometimes. "Because Nintendo" is a saying for a reason, after all. XD I wish we could see their process of how they add NSO ROMs and what all goes into it; it would be easier for them to grab something off the web and modify it that way, though they could easily do a dump of their own software. I agree that they should devote a small team to the process if there isn't already one. Speaking from a dev point of view, albeit one who doesn't have emulation experience and very little game dev experience...I suspect there's more to the process than meets the eye.

On drinking: I've never tried pushing my threshold. The fact that I've usually driven myself to the location aside, I have a hard enough time remembering what I've been up to sober sometimes. XD My limit is typically two drinks, though if enough time has passed and I know it's a weak drink, I may have a third.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 There was a snow break during the morning yesterday, but it started in again around 11 or so and went on into the late evening hours. Shoveling today felt pretty warm in comparison to what I put up with yesterday evening lol. It wasn't too bad closer to my house, but I was in the wind closer to the road, and it was pretty brutal. Especially in these temps.

Luckily with the few used or retro titles I've acquired, everything has worked. I did need to clean the pins on an A Link to the Past/Four Swords cart I received though; some dirtiness aside, there was a small green piece of hard candy or some sort of substance on one of the pins. Worked fine after the cleaning though. It was a bit iffy before that.

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Oh yeah, I fully admit to not knowing enough about how it works. But my inferences are educated ones. I've done a fair bit of reading and watching about it. I do understand the concept in the broad sense at least. I've never been a fan of the "because Nintendo" saying but I do admit at times it's all we can say from the outside looking in. It seems like they're sitting on a few small gold mines they refuse to exploit for reasons we on the outside simply can't figure out.

Everyone has their own thing for drinking. I'd never push, beyond a friendly invite or tease, anyone to drink if they didn't want to. And I have an ironclad rule for driving. If I've had even a single sip of beer that day, even just one sip then I will not drive. The only way I'd ever even consider breaking that rule, is if it were an absolute, unquestionable, life or death emergency. Like, I had a beer earlier, but WW3 is starting and we need to go. Or I had a beer and later that day someone is having a medical emergency and we can't wait for an ambulance, drive like mad and even risk the police - type situation.

@Eel I'll hang around for a few more minutes if you want to try that raid again.

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah...yeah I hate that feeling of snow being blown to your face. Never was a fan of being in snow to begin with, lol. Plus there might be ice on the sidewalk/stairs too. Slipping and falling ain't a fun experience, I can tell you that.

Oh that's great! That reminds me, I was considering getting a 1Up Card for my SNES games. Hopefully it'll bring my SGB back to life, lol.

Snatcher

@Tyranexx Oh ya.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx That sucks, I feel for you. I remember doing that for a Formula One Grand Prix, but of course it’s better to see it live. I also tried to limit Internet when playing Future Connected, though story wise it wasn’t very important. I also tried to do it for Death Stranding and almost succeeded. A few minor and one major plot point was spoiled.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic