Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,281 to 49,300 of 96,323

BruceCM

I don't think anyone in my other forums got all the korok seeds, @Tyranexx .... There's quite a few there who usually like to 100% games, too! Think it was only about half of them required to max out your inventory slots

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Keep the faith, my friend.If you're certain that you packed it up with all the other video game related stuff, I'm sure it'll turn up at some point in time.

@MarioLover92 A red Wii, huh? I thought these weren't natively compatible with GameCube games?

Anyway, your issue also sounds like your Wii is up for a drive cleaning or drive replacement, so perhaps those links I posted earlier will come in handy for you as well.

@Tyranexx Well, if the snow would have been less "slushy", I may have slid further down, all the way to the parking lot or bus stop at the end of the track, but in this case it was basically a full stop, coming from an average speed of around 25 - 30 mph...

Luckily, it was all snow all around, so regardless of the rather variable conditions of the snow, there weren't any really dangerous objects on my path, other than the other skiers and snowboarders, obviously...

Never went skiing, huh? Well, if it's a long drive and expensive as well, I can understand. For me, the nearest indoor track is about a small hour's drive away, so still relatively doable, in my opinion. And the prices over here are around 30 bucks per hour, full gear included, if you don't own any yourself.

@theJGG House von Aegir? I'm assuming you're talking about some game? Probably Japanese, too. They sure do love their German references...

Kind of a big jump there, by the way: from a highly revered composer to a video game...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX It’s from Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which has a crazy blend of standard video game music, and frickin’ dubstep?!

It adds to the realism of the world they’re building.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

ThanosReXXX

@theJGG Dubstep in a medieval setting? Talk about weird...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX The futuristic civilisation also kills people with literal missiles. They probably time traveled to Fódlan from the Cold War or something.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

ThanosReXXX

@theJGG Kinda sounds like the Age of Empires games on PC.

ThanosReXXX

@theJGG Found an old favorite of mine: this was actually also my first introduction to dubstep.

It's a track (pun intended) of the first Project CARS game. I personally think that the type of music goes together really well with racing sims, but I'll let you decide for yourself:

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX It really works! Tried it during a small race, and GT Sport has some tracks playing during races too. I never imagined that idea would work as well as it did, and this song really fits the vein of music the game licensed and or commissioned. And it’s a right good song at that away from the game. Thanks!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

PokemonGirl99

@Tyranexx it's been a while since I played Pokemon Sword and Shield,do I think I should restart it to play again

Edited on by PokemonGirl99

PokemonGirl99

ThanosReXXX

@theJGG It works? Of course it works, it's music!
But all kidding aside, the song was officially licensed as being part of the sound track of the first Project CARS game, selected by its own community. There's similar songs accompanying the second game in the series as well.

I don't know if you own any of the games or if you know the story behind it, but the name Project CARS is actually an acronym: CARS is short for Community Assisted Racing Simulator, because the initial trial of the game was done by thousands of community beta testers, and a couple of professional race drivers, so that they could iron out all the errors and fine tune all the necessary parts that make up a good simulator.

Oh, and you're welcome. I don't know if you have any tools/programs to convert the video to an mp3 so that you can use it on a console or a media player, but here's one where you can paste the YouTube link and then download the music only:
https://ytmp3.cc/en13/

The original producer of the song, British DJ Coven, or Koven, as he is now called, was only 19 when he made that song. Nowadays, he has plenty more songs to listen to. All it takes is a quick YouTube search...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Koven+UK

And here's their official web store:
https://www.kovenuk.com/store

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Blooper987

I have my very first job interview today. Anyone got any good tips?

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Blooper987

Ah, thank you. I can always trust you to have the most helpful answers.

BruceCM

Don't punch them?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@ThanosReXXX All right cool, thanks. I have no clue where my old Wii is though, lol. By the way, the red Wii can play GameCube games. It came out in 2010 for Mario's 25th anniversary, before the Wii Family Edition came out a year later. The Family Edition was the one that removed GC compatibility.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Mr-Fuggles777

@Blooper987 be confident, polite and tell the truth. It's easy to spot someone who's blagging their way through - if you are asked something you don't know, admit ypu don't know but say that you will strive to learn and use it for future development.

Most importantly, good luck x

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

MarioVillager92

@theJGG I've had Persona 5 Royal and Horizon Zero Dawn on my radar for quite some time. I've also been wanting to play Final Fantasy VII Remake and Crash Bandicoot 4, as well. Thanks for the tip - I think I'll start out with the PS4 games, plus I'll already be set for PS5 games when I do get them.

I've been thinking about it for a bit, and I may end up getting a PS5 this holiday season. It kind of depends on how much 1st-party stuff the Switch is gonna get this year, because last year was pretty slow with some sudden game announcements thrown in. No, I'm never giving up Nintendo, that would be silly if I did. I just want more games to play, that's all. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Blooper987

@Mr-Fuggles777 Thank you! I just finished it and I think I did pretty good!

I have a new profile pic now. I really love this one!!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic