Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,261 to 49,280 of 96,526

NintendoByNature

Yea ill look into it a little further later. As long as I can play GC games on my GC, and wii games on my wii, I'm not too worried. Otherwise I do have my wii u as my backup wii @ThanosReXXX @BruceCM.

Edit: so yea I unpacked the cube and the games work just fine. So its just a wierd thing going on with GC games on wii specifically.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

PokemonGirl99

@Tyranexx I finally completed Pokémon Pearl, also what do I get if I complete the Sinnoh Pokédex

PokemonGirl99

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Well, seeing as that effectively rules out the games being the culprit, that only leaves the drive. I did some further searching, and as mentioned previously, Wii drives are apparently notoriously finicky when getting older, especially in the case of GameCube discs, because that of course requires a different lens and/or drive setting, so if you'd still want to pursue fixing that, then the replacement drive will still be your best bet.

Then again: with the Wii U for Wii games and an original GameCube still at your disposal, I suppose your good either way.

On a side note: in theory, there's still a third option, which is to softmod the Wii and then install all the GameCube games on an external hard drive, although you'd need a Blu-ray drive in your PC or laptop, that could read GameCube discs, seeing as you won't be able to rip them directly through the Wii itself, so in your case, that's probably a bit too much of a hassle to achieve.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

My Wii is literally 15 years old but still able to read and play Gamecube games.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX for sure thanks again for the insight. I may replace the drive should the wii games start causing me issues. For now, I'm all good, just a little annoyed I guess.

Not to mention, I can't seem to find my og Gameboy since the move. Thats concerning even more. Had it since I was a little one.

NintendoByNature

MarioVillager92

ThanosReXXX wrote:

I did some further searching, and as mentioned previously, Wii drives are apparently notoriously finicky when getting older, especially in the case of GameCube discs

@ThanosReXXX No wonder my original Wii stopped reading GameCube discs. Same thing with Wii discs, but only later on. It did fall a few times since it was vertical and had GC controllers plugged in, I'll admit, so that's likely what caused it... I now have a red Wii and I'm always gonna have that horizontally placed, so that should be no issue.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Yeah, moving house does have the tendency to magically displace things that you were sure you took with you, doesn't it?

I've honestly never not lost something, when moving from one place to another. Sometimes only to find it years later, usually when searching for something completely different, and sometimes never to be seen again.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX yep sure does. It's so strange. I'm sure I packed it with everything else gaming related but I can't find it. I'm sure it'll show up years later....I hope

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, my friend and I were browsing GameStop and I just found it for $2. It was also the last copy, so talk about lucky.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I used to try to 100% games I really enjoy, but I've relaxed that rule and rarely 100% something anymore unless it's a Zelda game...and even then I've had to bend that rule a little. 100%ing BotW will literally double my current running playtime, if not more. Plus, I wasn't a big fan of the single player in Tri Force Heroes and put it down after reaching the credits. I didn't want to grind out all the outfits lol. I'll still do some extra content if I'm really enjoying a game (like XC:DE), but typically my goal is to get to the end credits of a game unless I really don't enjoy what I'm playing. I'm better about dropping games than I used to be. XD But it's still hard sometimes....

Work has been busy lately, so I'm almost tempted to grab AoC soonish just so I can let off some steam in the evenings. Good thing is BotW can also provide that feeling...as does my current run of DKC3 on Wii U VC in some levels.

@Anti-Matter That's a really good sketch of Beethoven! Definitely better than I could do! XD

@theJGG Personally, I would've made sure you were okay first, then admittedly burst out laughing if you weren't the worse for wear. Sounds definitely like one of those incidents that you can look back on and laugh at, but I doubt it was nearly as funny at the time.

On the friend request: Thanks for letting me know! I'll accept next time I'm on my Switch. I rarely play games online at the moment, though that may be changing with Monster Hunter Rise when I grab it. No pressure to play games with me online if that isn't your thing. Besides, it IS fun to see what everyone else is playing.

@MarioLover92 It is getting better! It's starting to bruise now and looks way worse than it actually feels at this point. Still need to watch some bending now and again, mainly when stretching, but I've been able to exercise the last couple of days. Still a little gentler with a few movements though. Don't need to ruin the progress. XD

@ThanosReXXX Ouch, ouch, and ouch! That sounds (erm, reads) like it was quite an impact. Probably better not to wonder about what would've happened if you'd landed on an even harder surface. Hopefully the recovery time was speedy.

I've never been skiing. I'm not exactly in an area of the country where natural skiing is a thing. There are a couple of indoor facilities that I know of, but they're quite a drive and pricey.

@PokemonGirl99 Just the Sinnoh Dex? It should unlock the National Pokedex IIRC.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yep. Totally agree. If I really enjoy a game I'll dig into the side quest much like I did with XC:DE. Put a solid amount of time into that game and it was great through and through.

AOC is great for letting of steam without a doubt. Plowing through( literally) 100s of enemies is so exhilarating.

It's funny. I'm not sure this makes any sense. I gave XC:DE a 10/10 and put it down as possibly a top 5 game of all time for me. Definitely top 10 as all my top 5s are zelda games 😉. But, I might even say AoC is more fun and I'd consider it a better game for me than XC:DE. Top 3 last year were paper mario TOK, and these other 2. But, AoC isn't quite a perfect 10 just yet. It's wierd I know. I like this better than XC but XC was perfect. Probably just because I'm a zelda nerd.

NintendoByNature

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX First, about the German debacle; “I am Ferdinand von Aegir!” All the Three Houses nobles have von, indicating they are of House Aegir, for example. Absolutely neat touch.

And you’ve probably worked out by now that I can be dense! And I’m glad I’ve made the impression that I’m an okay person, I think I’m definitely fairly decent as far as humans go! I’m also not stupid, because yesterday I got awards for outstanding performance in four classes! Didn’t expect that yesterday but life is full of surprises. One of them was having so much fun on the NL forums, so amen to that! (The phrase works well but I’m not religious,)

As we talked about a few weeks ago, [Nintendo] Directness is a quality that we both find useful but can be misinterpreted as bluntness or hostility. Glad that much can be guaranteed!

@NintendoByNature AoC over Xenoblade? I completely understand your logic, I’m a serious Zelda fan too, but having played all three Xenoblade games I have to say that Xenoblade: Definitive Edition is so criminally good that it’s able to compete against a lot of the Zelda games and win.

I find Age of Calamity really fun, despite some technical hiccups here and there, but they don’t dilute the experience. But Xenoblade’s a masterpiece! What’s your progress so far?

@MarioLover92 I highly recommend getting a PS5. First, it looks beautiful. It’s big, but it’s easily the most beautiful gaming console I’ve ever seen in my life because of the two toned white, the clean user interface and the sound.

Next, it can run so many games. It sounds weird but I’m not gonna buy many PS5 games because as you mentioned, they’re expensive. In England some AAA games can cost £69.99, which from pure guesstimates translated to about $90, which is unacceptable for video games. Solution? Play your PS4 games on there too! Some, look awesome and have almost zero loading times.

The games themselves are really good. Nintendo makes the most fun and memorable games but PlayStation offers the most atmospheric and cutting edge ones (except BotW, that’s a massive win for Nintendo). If you’ve heard of any of these games: Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5 Royal, you’ll realise none of these could ever run on Nintendo systems. They take use of the PS4/5’s power and eke the most out of it.

If there’s an inkling of a desire to get one, give in to it. It’ll be worth it all!

@Tyranexx I live by that philosophy. If a friend gets injured I’ll ask if they’re alright and after that if I know they’re absolutely okay I’ll make a reference to that in an (usually failed) attempt at satire. The swimming pool incident was not at the time because I got two stitches but you’re right, I can laugh at it now with zero repercussion.

And the stairs? I’ll never stop laughing about that. It’s the most unbelievably stupid thing I’ve ever done.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

I have two different old sketches, back on year 2007 and 2009. One is realistic style and another one is Chibi style.
Untitled

Untitled

Yes, there are number 6 and 7 indicated there are also numbers 1 until 5 for the sketches. They are my new detective polices joined in Blue Eagle Police Department (previously Blue Star Police Department). If you take a look closely, i designed them based on CSI characters. Maria Guisette looks like Stella Bonasera (CSI New York), Don Merimo looks like Eric Delko (CSI Miami). The Chibi version looks pretty much similar as the realistic version.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Blooper987 That's one of the funnest things I've seen in a while! Do I recognise anyone there (Korone excepted)? No! Is it bizarrely fascinating? Yes.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Blooper987

@theJGG the other 3 are Pekora (the rabbit girl), Fubuki (the fox girl), and Okayu (the cat girl). They do a lot of streams and stuff with Korone. Obviously none of them are as amazing as the one and only Korone though!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

NintendoByNature

@theJGG don't get me wrong. XC is without a doubt a masterpiece. There's nothing wrong with it. I love it to bits. Its just that, I love botw that much more. And this as you know is set in that same universe and I'm completely engulfed in this game. I truly can't put it down much in the same way I was with botw and xc. The slow down doesn't bother me honestly like it does others. My last main mission was akkala tower and I'm onto the yiga hideout. But, I've done every side mission before going to the main quest, so there are some big gaps before I keep playing the story.

NintendoByNature

jedgamesguy

@Blooper987 I saw a Pekora video just after seeing yours, where she threw a Diamond sword into lava in Minecraft, and screamed. That was a really bizarre video. Cheers for the rec, that... made my morning!

@NintendoByNature You are indeed Nintendo by Nature! When looking at Age of Calamity, because it was a game from the OG Hyrule Warriors team, I was already going to buy it anyways, but it doubled the incentive when I realised how closely tied to canonical Breath of the Wild elements it was. Again, I have no prob sympathising with you! That game (AoC) is crazy. Some of the fights can get one crazy high on pure instinct and adrenaline. I love it too!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic