Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,301 to 49,320 of 96,481

Mr-Fuggles777

@Blooper987 congratulations, did they say when you will hear back?

I like the PP, what's it from?

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Blooper987

@Mr-Fuggles777 They haven't yet, hopefully soon!

It's Amelia Watson. She's a vtuber, just like my old profile pic, Korone. She's basically what I would probably look like as an anime girl. She's one of my top role models for what I want to be like when I start a YouTube channel.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Laoak

@Blooper987 Good taste, used to have that pfp on discord

Edited on by Laoak

{funny quote here}

Mr-Fuggles777

@Blooper987 I hadn't heard of her sorry, had a quick look and she seems cool so I will check some of her streams out later.
What sort of content are you thinking of creating for yoir channel - game streams?

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

Blooper987

@Mr-Fuggles777 Gaming streams, anime and game reviews, and some one off funny stuff. I would become a Vtuber, but it's like 250$ on fiverr to get someone to create an avater and finding out all the technological stuff would be a hassle. I've already planned out what my character would look like in my head though(and kinda on paper too). He would be part wolf with gray hair all sweeped to one side, with two different colored eyes. He would have a scar through his right eye and he would have a fur coat on. His name would be Kody Inume. I'll probably just end up making videos with no facecam or character at first though and see if I enjoy making content.

Mr-Fuggles777

@Blooper987 why not start with a Twitch channel while you get the hang of running a stream, and then invest in the Fursona for a YouTube channel and start to grow it from there.

Laoak

If you wanted a more varied content type (streams and normal videos), it would probably be better to have a YouTube channel instead, much more flexibility imo. If you started out primarily streaming, I guess twitch would be the better choice.

{funny quote here}

ThanosReXXX

@Blooper987 First and foremost, just be yourself, don't over-sell it. Second: take a note pad with you, and either have questions prepared or write down stuff they tell you. Makes you look more interested and engaged.

Other than that, just relax and know that this is a two-way street: you're not going to an interrogation, they also need to sell their company to you. Besides you trying to sell yourself to them, it should also be the other way around: let them sell it to you. Why would you WANT to work there?

Ask about stuff like possibilities for personal growth, what exactly they're looking for (what was their reason to invite you? which of your qualities matched with their wishes for a candidate and so on). Let them talk, listen and use the answers to confirm what they think they could find in you, long as it is true, obviously. Or as long as you're sure you'll be able to meet those requirements in a reasonable amount of time.

Remember: they invited you, so they're already interested, you only need to confirm what they're hoping to find in you. All it takes is to confirm that and to be really interested in what they have to offer.

P.S.

If they're not willing to give clear answers, or if they are evading specific points/topics, then there's probably something they left out of the job profile, meaning it could be considerably less interesting than they made it out to be, in which case you might want to look further than this opportunity.

Personally, I also always go with my gut feeling: if the people and the company/surroundings feel good, then there's always a good chance that you'll be able to find yourself in a good place, regardless of whether or not it ticks all of the boxes on your wish list. If it doesn't feel good from the get go, then I'd say it's a definite no.

Good luck!

@MarioLover92 Yeah, I know all about the "Family Edition". More like the "Clueless Buyer" Edition...
I've soft-modded quite a few Wii's back in the day, even those ones, and even though it ultimately always worked out, I always found it rather stupid how they gimped those specific versions. (edit: they did not remove GameCube compatibility from those versions, by the way. They just removed the controller ports and memory card slots, but those Wii's can still natively play GameCube discs, because the motherboard and chip set is the same, which is why you can still softmod it to get that functionality out of it)
Well, at least you got one of the good versions, then.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Blooper987 Ah, never mind. I see you already finished the interview. Good on you. Still: these rules always apply, so you'll still be able to keep them in mind for the next time you go to a job interview.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Blooper987

@ThanosReXXX thanks!😂 it was really weird cause it was online and it only took about 10 minutes. We basically just went down a list of questions for me and then I asked her a couple. I think I answered all the questions pretty well, but we’ll see if I hear back.

ThanosReXXX

@Blooper987 Ah, of course: a Covid-proof interview. Kinda forgot that this might apply currently...

jedgamesguy

@Blooper987 Oh my god, that’s fantastic! I’m a bit late but how did it go?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

@MarioLover92 You don’t need to feel guilty about that at all. Take it from me, I still have tons of fun with the Switch despite putting in hours into some PS games. Persona 5 Royal is a must, that game is a classic on so many levels. Actually every game you mentioned is, so even better!

Glad you have a solid plan in place! Can’t wait to hear more about it!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@theJGG No I don't feel guilty about playing Switch games, I said that I'm wondering how much 1st-party games are coming out for Switch this year. As of now, Nintendo hasn't announced a whole lot for 2021 besides Super Mario 3D World, and we don't know when Breath of the Wild 2 and Metroid Prime 4 are coming out. They'll announce games this year for sure, we just don't know what they'll be at the moment.

I'll talk more about the PS5 once I get it, I'll keep you guys posted.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Hah, you like what you like! Some XC fans might consider that statement sacrilege - I thought XC:DE was one of the best JRPGs I've played in recent memory - but I can also support it as I'm also a diehard Zelda fan! We'll see if I agree when I get around to playing AoC. Hopefully the wait won't be as long as with BotW lol. I suspect I'll like it more than the original Hyrule Warriors since the story is canon this time around.

Incidentally, I raided the Yiga Hideout in BotW yesterday evening. I wasn't happy at the forced stealth and OHKs, but it was all worth it in the end. Though Master Kohga wasn't exactly what I was expecting, especially when some of the disguised Yiga travelers referred to him as "dreamy"....

@Anti-Matter I also like those CSI-inspired drawings! While the chibi forms are good, I think I prefer the realistic proportions in this case.

@theJGG I daresay one has no humor if they can't laugh at themselves at occasion, even if it is in hindsight.

@BruceCM If I recall, the count to max out all slots is 441 Korok seeds. I'm currently sitting at just over 300.

@ThanosReXXX Heck, that's a hard stop even when driving a vehicle! I'm glad the situation didn't end up worse.

The closest thing I've done to skiing is ice skate, which I know is far from a 1:1 comparison lol. That was only once at an indoor rink two hours away (part of a youth trip) many years ago. I had fun overall, but there were a lot of falls and some VERY sore legs at the end of the day. XD

@PokemonGirl99 That's completely up to you. As Eel suggested, you can also make a new Switch profile if you don't want to erase your old one.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx @Eel Yooo the shiny drought has ended! Over the weekend I nabbed 2 shiny Sneasel from the totally non community day, then on Monday I grabbed another shiny shadow Pinsir from James. Then today I caught a shiny Scrafty in a Raid in Pokemon Shield and then hatched a shiny Timburr from a 10km egg! It's been a good few days for shiny hunting! Also hatched a second Darumaka finally. One more and I can finally get a Darmanitan in Go. I'm enjoying this super boost to egg hatching!

Have you guys gotten anything nice lately?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

@Heavyarms55 oh wow that's a big spurt of shiny karma! I haven't really caught anything outside of events that increase the chances.

The most notable thing on my corner would be that I actually managed to complete the special collection tasks for both Hoenn and Johto.

The Sinnoh one was particularly awful with it requiring shadow pokemon.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I have created my own detective polices since 2000 when i was Senior High school student. The idea was from NYPD Blue and Martial Law (Sammo Hung) then added by CSI when i watched CSI NY and Miami from AXN (TV Cable).

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Congrats on all the shiny finds! No luck lately outside of obtaining a shiny Raikou in a lucky trade, though I haven't been playing as much Pokemon Go either. I sorta forgot about the Sneasel event, but I already have a shiny Weavile so don't feel torn at missing it lol.

I did finish the Johto scavenger hunt, but not the others. The Sinnoh one with the shadow 'Mon was brutal.

@NintendoByNature And I've become so accustomed to checking travelers for names before talking to them....At first fighting them was a rush, but now they're pretty easy to beat.

@Anti-Matter I used to watch some of both CSI: Miami and New York back in the day. Very entertaining/interesting shows, though the situations are more dramatic than they typically are IRL. Gotta keep the audience captive somehow!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic