Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,281 to 48,300 of 96,507

ThanosReXXX

DISCLAIMER:
Sorry about this next bit, folks, but I just HAVE to get this off my chest. I'll try to leave specifics out of it, so as not to overstep the site rules (too much)...

God, I've just come away from watching the 8pm news, and I truly feel like finger-snapping away at least a fifth of the entire population of the States. What a bunch of idiots. I'm glad I'm living over here, because I wouldn't even want to be remotely close to the current completely baseless and unfounded indignation and mass hysteria among the single-brain celled part of the American populace.

But even at this distance, I still feel embarrassed, especially since living over here, I have a far better feel for how people over here think about these things and how they look at this what has degraded to a third rate real life soap about one of the sorest losers in the history of losers, and it makes me somewhat uncomfortable that people look upon me as being "one of them", since to them, it's all yanks anyway, so to them it's all the same, generally speaking.

I also think that these "fine individuals" are responsible for unilaterally dumbing down the entire country by a considerable amount, with all their conspiratorial idiosyncrasies. Never thought I'd actually see this day, yet here we are: inbred numbskulls storming the Capitol, even to the point of getting innocent people hurt. Long live democracy. Oh, the irony...

/end rant

Once again, folks, sorry. I feel a bit better now. I think...

@Tyranexx

Tyranexx wrote:

Randomly touches internal component on random device

Device explodes

So... that either means that you're a distant cousin of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, or you simply tend to forget to discharge your static electricity before touching any electrical and/or computer components. That's basically computer building rule #1...

@SM3DASislit Unfortunately, or at least: far as I know, there isn't a permanent solution to this strange site quirk. Over the years that I've been a member, it has happened to me quite a few times, but ultimately, it always goes away by itself, eventually, so I just shrug it off and bide my time...

@Zuljaras If by that you mean to ask if I'm a fan of connecting handhelds to the TV (technically, that's also what the Switch is, but I still see that as a different beast, so that will be my only exception), then the answer is a resounding no.

Thanks for the link, though. Don't know if I'll bite yet, but at least I now don't have to wonder if I can only buy this device from Alibaba....

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Blooper987

@ThanosReXXX at this point I have no faith in anyone on any side to ever get anything done peacefully. No one seems to understand peaceful protests get stuff done, violence does the opposite. We saw it with the left during the BLM protests last year, and we’re seeing the right doing it now. Ugh here’s hoping Trump tells them to stop, instead of encouraging it.😔

Luckily it hardly affects me. I’ll just go back to watching anime now😂

Edited on by Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX There was actually time when I watched lots and lots of videos of mostly American groups that think the earth is Flat and we are lied that it is a sphere

But then I realized that those people want to believe that because they repeat the same thing. The heliocentric system is telling us that we are "lucky" to be at this distance from the Sun and that is why we exist. But they want to give some meaning to their lives.

This it is crazy and so funny to see them foam over conspiracy theories like lizard people, 5G and Flat Earth.

I write this to brighten up the situation

@Heavyarms55 GF need to step up their game. They need to innovate and deliver some miracle.

Edited on by Zuljaras

WiiWareWave

@Zuljaras I wouldn't necessarily say 5G is "safe" just like with any type of wireless signal it does produce noise pollution even moreso than 4G, but it's nothing to be overly concerned about unlike what some conspiracy theorists claim. This whole insurrection though is quite worrisome, however...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX God I really am thinking about moving to Canada soon lmao

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

ThanosReXXX

@Blooper987 The irony is that all of it completely flies in the face of ACTUAL democracy, something these "supporters" will probably never understand. The people have spoken. I don't know who these disagreeing aliens are...

@Zuljaras Thanks for the attempt, but until things will truly settle down, and in some ways, I'm afraid it never will, I'll probably still feel like denying my American heritage. That's how it feels to me right now.

@TowaHerschel7 Compared to the Earth's own magnetic field and its influence on nature and all living things, 5G is literally child's play. I've been hearing (and laughing at) these "bad for your brain, causing air bubbles in your head" conspiracy theories ever since the first mobile phones became mainstream, and none of it has ever been conclusively proven.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba___Rebrand I think you meant to say "thinking aboot". Then again: maybe I've been watching too many episodes of South Park...

MarioVillager92

@theJGG I like having Sharla on my party, since she has healing arts. Melia seems to be a good party member, I'll be sure to get more hands-on time with her!

@Sunsy Yeah I like the clock quite a bit too. Would've been cool to see the actual G&W version of Super Mario Bros. on there too, but it's still a nice little device.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Blooper987

@ThanosReXXX the other thing is; these people who are being violent paint the rest of the protesters in a similar light. When there are thousands upon thousands of people in every protest who are only doing it for actual change in a legal and peaceful manner. The people who only go to these protests to incite violence and destroy property are sick and should be arrested no matter who they are. All they do is destroy the reputations of the people who are actually searching for change in a legal and safe way.

That’s how everything is though. The couple bad people out there ruin everything for the rest of us.

I will now refrain from commenting on this any further. Don’t wanna cause an argument.✌️

Edited on by Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Heavyarms55

@Eel Good to know. And yeah bummer on the shiny lack. I want to do more raids because I really like shiny Genesect.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Hey just asking. Are you gonna play in the Mario Splatfest? I was thinking of playing with you when the Splatfest takes place.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 I honestly forgot about it. When is it?

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Ah okay. It starts on January 15 at 5 PM EST, and it'll go on until January 17 at 5 PM EST. So a full 48 hours on that weekend.

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Oh, btw.
Did you play Yokai Watch 3 Tempura / Sushi 3DS back when you were in Japan ?
I heard those games have exchange features like Pokemon games.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 Well we need at least a team of 4 to play together right? And FYI, I'm massively out of practice and was never that good to begin with. But if we can organize a team and a time, I'd be up for it. Let me know what you want to do.

@Anti-Matter Some of my students liked Yokai Watch for the first couple years I was there. But its popularity faded pretty quickly. By 2017 I didn't hear any of them talking about the series anymore at all. I've never played any of them myself. I don't like or dislike it, I've just never tried it.

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, we do need 4 people in a single team, but you can still join a friend if they're available. Here's how you can join a friend in Splatoon 2. Let's try this - when you're free to play, I'll start playing matches and you can try to join me when you see "Joinable" next to my username. The Splatfest will be well before my classes start so I'll be free at that time.

It's okay if you're out of practice - I haven't played it in a while either. XD I'm decent at Splatoon myself - it pretty much depends on how good I am at using a particular weapon.

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 Well let me know if you can find 2 others and decide on a time.

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 That's not a bad combination either, though Dunban is less robust than Reyn in my experience. Unless Shulk is the tank? At the very least, you can't go wrong with a little grinding! I did a lot of quests in the game, so I rarely felt underleveled.

@Eel I've certainly heard of King's Cake, though I've never had it. Is it vanilla, or what sort of flavor is it? Is there a traditional "kind" or can it vary? I do like the concept, and I might look into if a local bakery makes them.

@theJGG Talking to everyone was a habit instilled in me back in my early Pokemon days. I learned that you could obtain useful information and/or decent items that way. Same with exploring, though that used to be an easier task lol.

Ok XC:DE: my favorite backup group consisted of Seven/Dunban/Sharla. With the right builds, I had a heck of a fun time destroying high level monsters near the endgame.

@SM3DASislit I used to prioritize games I'd had backlogged the longest, but I learned that didn't really work for me. Typically I pick the game I want to play next the most and try to pick a different genre from another I might have going, if any. I do take length into consideration however, especially if I want to free up my schedule before a new release I really do want. I rarely pick up games day one for various reasons, but it does happen!

@BruceCM I actually want to try to mess around in my own Unity dev sandbox. I don't know if I'll make anything of note, but I do like to experiment! I haven't messed with Unity3D since I was in college; one of my course tracks involved some animation and modeling, so I got to work on our campus game in Unity. I also messed around with it for a tutorial project and a couple of smaller one-off things. Wish I still had some of the assets....

@Heavyarms55 Thanks for the invite earlier! I saw the alert, but unfortunately I was working at the time. I did do a couple of raids this evening, but via remote invites only; I sometimes wish one could invite others if they're a remote raider, though I understand the fallacies associated to this approach too.

@ThanosReXXX Briefly on the understandable rant: trust me, many Americans are shaking their heads over it too. I learned about the whole thing near the end of my work day. I felt like headdesking at it all. Repeatedly. I agree with @Blooper987 ; violence is never the answer and reflects poorly on one's cause and their nonviolent counterparts. I have no issue with peaceful protest for X thing, even if I may not agree with the subject of the protest. It's when people start breaking laws and harboring malicious intent that it becomes a riot, a dangerous situation. The area I'm in leans slightly right for the most part, yet many I've talked to are horrified and disgusted by the whole debacle. Just please keep in mind that these actors are only a small percentage of the population.

I'll leave it at that. I'd love to fully type my piece on the matter, but I'm already bending the rules a bit. Besides, this isn't really the place. XD

Oh, and I do know about static discharge; I just have the occasional misfortune to be accident-prone....

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Actually I don't think I need to find 2 others, the Nintendo support site I showed you says that after you join a friend, it'll search for the other players to fill in spots for our team(s), until 8 players show up (including the two of us).

@Tyranexx Yeah I think I'll do some side quests. Might get some more hands-on time with Melia too, she's got some powerful elemental arts.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic