Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,261 to 48,280 of 96,530

Losermagnet

Just found out that the soundtrack for Pixar's 'Soul' has music from Trent Reznor (0.0)

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

HotGoomba

@Losermagnet I really need to see Soul ASAP. Pixar makes amazing movies and The Good Dinosaur.

Edited on by HotGoomba

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Losermagnet

@HotGoomba___Rebrand the good dinosaur was strange, wasnt it?

HotGoomba

@Losermagnet Yeah, I wouldn't call it a BAD movie, but man was it underwhelming. Cars 2 is arguably worse, but at least that had some cool action scenes and car homicide.

Losermagnet

@HotGoomba___Rebrand same for me. I could never get on with Cars.

Unrelated - I just got my first COVID vaccine. Get my second dose in 4 weeks.

Mr-Fuggles777

@Losermagnet how did you find the jab, a few of the guys in work got sick from it. Hopefully you feel ok

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

HotGoomba

@Losermagnet Good Luck with the vaccine. Thankfully there are no real side effects from what I know of.

Anti-Matter

Can someone tell me what is the objection in Cars 2 PS3 and Cars 3 PS4 ?
I think those games are not just about racing.

Anti-Matter

MPSSislit

@TheJGG
It definitely does look pretty good. I guess you could call Genshin Impact a CRPG (Chinese RPG).
Actually, the BOTW comparisons was the (main) reason why I became more interested in Genshin Impact, even though I don't necessarily care for BOTW itself. Definitely agree with your family statement.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

jedgamesguy

@SM3DASislit I used to sympathise with the guy who smashed his PS4 in protest at the Genshin event, but now I feel that was childish, and a waste of good PS4. I was curious as to how much of it was inspired by BotW, but I really do wanna try it now, be it on Switch or PS4/5. I could start now, but I wonder how the Switch'll fare.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Losermagnet

@HotGoomba___Rebrand @Mr-Fuggles777 so far so good. I was a little lightheaded at first but that passed. Thanks! Tomorrow is my day off so I'll probably be in horrible pain now 😝

MPSSislit

@theJGG
When I heard about that, I was like, "Well that was real mature of him to do" (not). It definitely was a waste of a good PS4. Honestly, I feel like Immortals Fenyx Rising is more "inspired" by BOTW than Genshin Impact ever thought of being. What's interesting is that even though Genshin Impact had more of a negative reception when it was initially announced, it seems to have more of a positive reception now. (Like the Mario + Rabbids reception situation). I'm also wondering how the Switch will fare as well. I'm hoping that since the Switch version got delayed, that'll mean that's it's more optimized for Switch, unlike Immortals Fenyx Rising was at launch.

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

jedgamesguy

@SM3DASislit I’m still debating as to whether I should go for performance or portability. I mean none of us are going anywhere this year, so I might as well start with PS5. Depends if you can transfer progress across platforms with an account.. I’ll have to look into that.
Are there any non-Nintendo games you are into? I feel like PS has the best games overall of the three, and that Nintendo has the best first party games. Blessed, truly, to have these two, to have a great experience!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

MPSSislit

@theJGG
That's a hard decision to make. That true's with not being able to go anywhere this year. I'm not sure if cross-progression is allowed with Genshin Impact on PS4/5 either, I know Sony is becoming less strict about that kind of stuff, but it's good to just double-check though.
That depends on what you mean. Are you asking if I'm interested in third party games on Switch, or if I'm interested in games on other platforms, like PS4/5 or Xbox One/Series X?
I mainly have Nintendo systems, I don't if that helps answer your question.

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!

jedgamesguy

@SM3DASislit Nah mate, I was curious as to what systems you owned. I used to be a complete Nintendo die-hard, and while I rank them first among the three console makers, I still like going out there and seeing games on a powerful system! Gunpei Yokoi’s philosophy was Lateral Thinking with Withered Technology, but I don’t think it holds up as much as it used to in the eighties. Nonetheless I’m still amazed as to how great some of Nintendo’s games have been despite having a fraction of the power of their competition.

Some of my favourite non Nintendo games simply aren’t possible on Switch, like the F1 games, Horizon Zero Dawn, and even stuff like FF7 Remake. But I still play Switch the most, unless there’s a massive game drought like there was around mid-2020 and around September-November too.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Heavyarms55

@Eel thanks for rejoining. I am shocked at how easily we destroyed Genesect with only 4 people. I guess we could do it with 3. Maybe even 2! Which is nuts for a 5 star raid!

Did you get a shiny? Please invite me if you do more genesect raids too!

@Tyranexx If you do any Genesect raids, please invite me!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MPSSislit

@TheJGG
Okay, thanks for clarifying that up.
I have mostly Nintendo systems (have every home console from N64 to Switch). I originally had that in my previous post, but then I got rid of it (for some reason). Nintendo certainly works wonders as a dev.
For those games, they could just do a Cloud version of them, so that they can still be on Switch.

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!

Zuljaras

@Heavyarms55 I know you are a big fan of Sword and Shield and I was quite the opposite. But I have played the game just a little bit and it is quite colorful. (Pokemon Sword + Exp pass) Still no big battles or badges.

I picked Sobble as my starter and my other 2 Pokemon are Chewtle and Yamper. Those are the only ones I liked still no rock types as they are one of my favorites.

With all that said if it wasn't for the Complete cartridge with the expansion pass it was a hard pass. I did not care that much for missing Pokemon but I cared about the "missing" zones from the base cartridge

PS: That "rival" Hop is extremely annoying and I already hate him.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Heavyarms55

@Zuljaras Oh, I was talking about Pokemon Go with Eel and Tyranexx earlier.

But as for SWSH the vast majority of what I love about it are all the QoL changes and the multiplayer experience. I love raids and the newer raid adventure. I love how easy it now is to build competitive Pokemon and how old Pokemon, expecially shinys, can be made competitive. Things like natures, IVs and abilities are now things we have nearly complete control over. I love being able to access the PC everywhere.

The story and world is very linear and there really is no traditional villainous team. And the final climax of the game just seems silly. But the gym battles were real highlights for me. The experience of walking into a gym like you do in this game, to hordes of cheering fans and that awesome theme starts playing... I utterly love that! It's almost exactly how I pictured it as a kid. The DLC however shows they are building more off of the groundwork laid by SWSH. I fully expect that the next games in the series are gonna be fully explorable with an improved "wild area like camera". If the abundant rumors are true and we get a return to the Sinnoh region of the 4th gen games - games that had tons of exploration in them, I think we'll be in for a treat. Add to the fact that 2021 is the 25th anniversary of the franchise and I just can't imagine them not going all out.

It wouldn't even surprise me if they saw SWSH and the DLCs as a stop gap side project while they were working on whatever we're gonna get this year. I know a lot of people have no respect left for Game Freak. But I'm still willing to give them a chance to outdo themselves this year.

But I will say, if for such a major milestone, they don't deliver something really impressive, then I'll be joining the ranks of people who think the Pokemon Company International should put an end to their partnership with GF and look to new developers. My first choice being Monolith Software - the people who do the Xenoblade games and have helped with other big titles from Nintendo in recent years.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic