Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,261 to 48,280 of 49,271

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter SSX is also available on Xbox 360, and it has the same option for adding mp3's. You can also download a demo before buying it, so you can try it out first, to see if you might like it. Simply look in the online store/market place once you have the console. The free demo is probably also available on PS3, so you could look it up on that console as well.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Oh that's cool, I got it for Christmas years ago. Last time I played it I got up to the final boss, and man oh man this guy was tough. Kept getting deleted over and over again. Same thing with MMBN4 (I played Blue Moon). I do remember the liberation missions being pretty tough in BN5, I recall playing those before I went on to play stuff like Fire Emblem and Shining Force. It was an interesting idea though. I played Team ProtoMan as well, a lot of the team navis I do prefer over Colonel's. As for BN6, I played Falzar while my bro played Gregar - I did play a little bit of the latter and I found that its cross unison navis were quite good, so maybe I'll play through that one of these days.

Still holding out for that MMBN legacy collection, lol. I have no problem getting them on the Wii U but I would prefer playing them on the Switch. Oh speaking of which, I've been meaning to get a hold of the GBA Castlevania games too! I'll be quite busy later on of course, so the question is when I'll get to those. lol

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Island: D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I was surprised when i found the information that we can put any MP3 songs for SSX PS3 / XBOX 360.
I was imagining playing winter sports SSX with Initial D (Super Eurobeat) or DDR songs. 😆

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Yeah, it's a nice thing that these kinds of games often allow you to add your own personal touch in music. And Initial D music actually does sound like a good fit for playing SSX.

And actually, there's several other games on Xbox 360 that will also allow adding your own music, although most are also racing games (which is basically what SSX also is), so you probably won't like them, I suppose.

But of course, there's also other games in which you can add your own music, such as the Let's Dance games and the Lips karaoke games for example. Perhaps you'll like these. But if not, that's also okay.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 First if all, thanks for joining those remote raids earlier! Hope you landed a couple of good ones. I wanted to stock up on more Kyurem for when the game inevitably adds a way to fuse it with Zekrom/Reshiram respectively.

Still no rain in your parts, huh? The rain will be welcome - it's been a bit since the last shower. I don't mind a nice, storm-free waterworks show, but I do prefer it during warmer times of the year. Rain when it's this cool is just... bleh. At least it isn't quite cool enough for it to start freezing. I'll take just about any weather conditions over pure ice. Don't know how many close calls I've had on ice; I know how to drive on it, but dang is it unpredictable. I'll even take snow over it.

I'll take 70 degree weather, though it sounds like the summer temps there aren't quite my speed. Good news is today and tomorrow was/will be in the mid 50s, so I can walk outdoors without freezing to death.

Shiny Piplup is also what I hope to find this weekend; that Cday was brutally cold here, so much so that I mostly kept to my car (which I hate doing - less easy mobility downtown). I managed to finally find one, but its stats aren't great. XD Any additional shinies are gravy. Thanks for the well wishes, hopefully it won't be as cold as I think.

No recent shiny luck outside of that hatch. Still haven't evolved any of the Gen 6 'Mon that are capable. I need to collect more candy for some of them. And find a decent male Litleo.

@ThanosReXXX Thanks for the BotW horse info! I'll give all that a look at my leisure. Who knew Mad Titans are also equestrian experts?

@MarioLover92 Alpha in BN3 was quite hard; I don't recall my full battleship set, but I know I had 3-4 Random Meteor (sp) chips and other multihit or powerful chips to help dish out damage. Learning its patterns took a bit too. The worst part is the player is thrown right into that fight after fighting Bass/Forte. No saving.

I found BN4's final boss (Duo) easier to manage, but that's another case of learning his patterns too. At least you don't need to hit him a few times in quick succession before actually damaging him. XD I also lucked out by obtaining Searchman as a Double Soul.

...Come to think of it, I'd argue that Alpha is the hardest final boss in the series.

On BN6, my preference for Gregar itself aside, I also preferred the cross unison Navis in that version. My favorite combo by far is the Eraseman cross coupled with Beast Out mode. Most of the crosses in both versions are quite good IMO.

I'd definitely buy a legacy collection of the MMBN games! I absolutely love them. Its follow-up series, Star Force, is decent IMO, but those games aren't quite on the same level. Unpopular opinion fueled by nostalgia maybe, but I prefer these games (likely due to the RPG elements) over what I've played of the original Mega Man and Mega Man X games.

Currently playing: LoZ: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Pushmo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx No, thank you for the invites! I'm happy to join when I have passes! I only had one and was only able to join one of the raids, but it worked out well! A nice 12 rare candy and a semi-decent Kyurem.

Actually to my surprise they are predicting rain late tonight into tomorrow morning. I'll be shocked if we actually get more than a sprinkle, but if we actually do get it, it should help with the dust and hopefully we can have a few days that don't make me feel like Spongebob out of water without a fishbowl. Weird how I remember that so well, I haven't watched Spongebob in about 12 years, but that episode fits.

And yeah, if I remember right, the Piplup day was real cold for me too at the time.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 No prob! I did see you get into one for sure; I erroneously assumed you got into the next as the user count went up by two at the last moment (there weren't many of us, so a lot of remote invites were sent out). I'm glad you landed a fairly decent Kyurem and some rare candies! I did four raids total this evening and got 18 between them; as usual, the game seems to think I need way more revives and hyper potions than necessary. XD

Hopefully that rain does roll in, and that it affects the spawn rate for water types, particularly Froakie, in your area; they're rare enough in most places around here, and it's way less arid.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: LoZ: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Pushmo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

Just now i watched another random video games again from Youtube.
I found Chicken Little & Chicken Little: Ace in Action caught my curiosity.
I have never played those games before.
After i watched several minutes of gameplay, i quickly considered both of them (PS2 version) on my purchase list.
Looks similar as Ratchet & Clank games but by Disney.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I did manage to finally find exactly one Froakie today actually. But it's actually almost as weak as it is possible to be. 11CP and the all the IVs are like 2 or 1.

I imagine it was dying being out in the desert like that.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well... expert... I wouldn't exactly call myself that, but thanks for the compliment.

As for the BotW horse catching game: I personally thought it was relatively easy to get a hang of, but I can imagine that locating them and finding out the finer details about it all will not always be as easy or obvious for everyone, so information like that might just come in handy.

Unless of course you're more of a "no thanks, I want to discover everything for myself" kinda person, which is also understandable, especially seeing as I also like to explore things by myself.

Long as the exploring doesn't turn you into the "I'm gonna wander around aimlessly until I grow tired of this game, because I've got no idea what I'm supposed to do or where the hell I'm supposed to go next" kinda type...
But all kidding aside, that's actually the beauty of this game, that you don't have to do anything specific or go anywhere. Well, at least not within a set time frame or along any kind of linear path.

At one point in time I simply spent entire gaming sessions hunting in the forest and/or gathering food, or gone fishing and I also sometimes just spent hours climbing and floating around with my improvised delta wing.

Oh, and of course, being a man, I also liked doing stuff like destroying areas of the world by cutting down trees or torching stuff. The latter is especially entertaining with tall grass in windy areas, which helps to fan and spread the flames.

Do it (time it) right, and you might even catch some enemies by surprise, or get some free roasted food in the process...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Anti-Matter

I was curious about Sly Cooper games that i oftenly saw from game shop.
Before that, i completely didn't react with that game like nothing really interesting judging from the cover.
But once i watched Sly Cooper PS3 from Youtube...

Holy Heck ! 🤪🤪🤪
WOW...!!!
Why didn't someone tell me if that game looks... Beautiful in cell shading style ! 😲
Also, i suddenly recalled there was a Trilogy version on PS3, Beautiful remastered in 60 fps. Holy cow ! 😲
I think i underestimated that game for long time ago. I was very late to join in beautiful 3D platformer games in 60 fps.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, it seems that somebody has FINALLY seen the light.

I mean: an Xbox 360, SSX, Sly Cooper.
Slow down, man. You're giving this old Titan a headache...

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I got another good news.

I will consider also Xbox Classic USA (original, unmodded) on year 2021 from my local game shop, i want to buy both Chicken Little & Chicken Little: Ace in Action PS2 (as Ace in Action looks similar as Ratchet & Clank), DDR Ultramix 1& 2 + Ty Tasmanian Tiger XBOX for starter XBOX games.

I have watched so many 3D Action Adventure / Platformer games recently.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Haha, nice. Well, in that case, you might also want to check out this little hidden gem from the past:

It's only available on GameCube, PC or Mac, though.

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Billy Hatcher was also my most wanted Gamecube game. 😀
But unfortunately the USA version was too expensive on Ebay. 😔
There were a lot of PAL version of Billy Hatcher but my Wii only play USA version. 😣
The other option was Japan version, with slightly cheaper price but it will be All Japanese texts and different packaging than USA / PAL version.

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Eel

Sigh.

Foods items here in Mexico used to have extremely useful percentage values on the packaging, big and clear, that stated how much of everything the thing had in relation to a standard diet. So like, "a 100g portion of this includes: X% daily recommended sugar, Y% daily recommended sodium, Z calories, etc."

Now they removed that and replaced with plain stickers that say "excess sugar", "excess sodium", "excess calories", etc. They don't mention portion sizes or any actually useful information. That does nothing to help me plan my daily food intake.

Sometimes, in smaller packaging, they don't even have the words! Just one sticker that says "[number of] Seals".

I hope they change it sooner than later.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter If you REALLY want to play that game, then you can simply buy a product from a company called Datel, who make all kinds of legal hardware and software that will allow you to play region free games on an unmodded console, so you don't have to hack it, it's just discs that will reboot your console in PAL, US NTSC or JAP NTSC mode.

If that interests you, then you will want to look for any one of these:

Mind you: some of these links are only for informational purpose, so that you know what the boxes look like. Perhaps you can also find them on PlayAsia or in your local game shop. Be sure to get the NTSC version of any of these products and NOT the PAL version, because you'll want to have the one that converts an NTSC console to PAL, not the other way around, and the PAL discs won't work in your console either.

Now, once you own any of these, then you can buy any PAL GameCube game you like, because they will now all be playable on your NTSC console.

And the PAL version of Billy Hatcher & the Giant Egg is still widely available and MUCH cheaper:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/1040424216

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HotGoomba___Rebrand

@Eel Man, and I thought the American Nutrition Value was bad because it didn't show all the ingredients or you can barely tell the NV.

Remember kids, as the god named Eggman said:

"I'M GONNA PISS ON THE MOON!"

i don't know if i can say piss on this site lol

Eel

Yeah. At least they still have that nutrition information thing on the back of most packaging, but it’s not nearly as convenient as having the detailed info on the front.

In other news, yay Farming Simulator 20 was updated on iOS, they finally did something to improve performance and added the option of actually exiting the vehicles and walking around, oh-la-la~

Had some fun testing the game on both devices, since on my iPod it was bad last time I tried it. With this update it now runs fine on low settings. Since the iPod also has the tiniest battery ever, I tried comparing both devices I own...

On the iPad I got 1 hour on 10% of battery, on the iPod I got 20 minutes on 20% of battery. I then uninstalled it from the iPod again~

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic