Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,241 to 48,260 of 96,515

Anti-Matter

@Mr-Fuggles777
Sorry, no can do.
Even if i probably only consider Graces F & Symphonia on PS3, i still unsure with the gameplay and storyline.

Mild Blood and Animated Blood are still tolerable for me but not Blood.
My gaming Rules number 2, No Blood allowed, only Mild blood and Animated Blood are allowed because the impact also from the scene that showing more disturbing contents than Mild blood / Animated blood.
I'm very selective and tight when judging rated Teen games.

Anti-Matter

Blooper987

@Anti-Matter I can tell we have very different opinions on stuff that is “wrong”. But I completely understand it if you don’t feel comfortable with the sight of blood. You definitely wouldn’t like some of my favorite games though😅.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Mr-Fuggles777

@Anti-Matter as they are cell shaded games wouldn't any blood in them fall under the category of "animated blood"?
Its a shame if you find the blood a turn off as a lot of the other aspects would definitely tick your boxes - very girly princess types and buff good looking guys, strong story elements (if somewhat clichéd) and great RPG combat systems.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Anti-Matter

@Mr-Fuggles777
I found the disturbing content from their anime style scenes.
I saw with my eyes the 3 disturbing screenshots that shown people impaled by sword with blood on it.
Once i found that disturbing contents, i immediately stop thinking about those series.
I saved the screenshot of Sorey in swimsuit in my phone, he looked hot but i couldn't consider the game due to breaking my gaming rules. It broke my heart.

Anti-Matter

Mr-Fuggles777

@Anti-Matter no worries. What about the Naruto games, they are pretty good (although more fighter than RPG) and not overly violent or has a lot of blood - the anime has more blood than the games so I would probably recommend not watching that.

Anti-Matter

@Mr-Fuggles777
Not interested with Naruto games as i have ever watched the gameplay from peoples playing and Youtube.

But for ridiculous situation, Fairy Tail PS4 only made me intrigued by looking at the shirtless dudes (i took their screenshots) but not interested at all by the gameplay, nor even staring at the bikini girls.
I have ever watched Fairy Tail anime but not really interested. Just only drolling at shirtless Gray and his sibling Lyon because they always strip their shirt to release their Ice power in anime.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

Went out this morning to pick up some things needed for the apartment, and ended up treating myself a Super Mario Bros. Game and Watch since the store had a few left. I'm still amused I had no trouble finding this or the SNES Classic a few years back.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MPSSislit

@MarioLover92, @Tyranexx, @ThanosReXXX
Seems like I wasn't the only one who was having issues with it. Like @Tyranexx said it seems to be fixed now, but the next time it happens, and if it goes longer than this one did, we should probably contact Eel to see what should be done to fix it.

@ThanosReXXX
Totally agree with what you said. If we don't move on, it can start to harm us mentally and physically. Next time that happens, I'll clear my cache to see if that fixes it.

@Tyranexx
That's good. Nice, it always feels good to make significant progress in games. Yeah, work (and life in general) tends to slow down our progress in things like games, movies, TV shows, etc. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how long were you on remote working, or off of work, since we just Christmas and New Years'?
Yeah, I get that. As long as you continue your current strategy of reducing your backlog, you (hopefully) should be able to significantly reduce your backlog within the next year (or two).

@ogo79
How do you even find these "its dangerous to go alone!" memes?

@Mr-Fuggles777
You're going to need to create a new thread because Forums that are older than 6 months (or a year even) are considered "dead threads" and shouldn't be revived.
Also, if you don't mind me asking, did you change your name? I'm asking because I thought your name was ChaosBadger777, but now it's Mr-Fuggles777, so I'm a little confused.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Mr-Fuggles777

@SM3DASislit thank you, that's generally the rule but I've been on forum's where they like you to dig up a dead thread so it's always better to ask (or i could have read the rules but who has time for that lol)

I did change my name from Chaos Badger after a conversation with @COVIDberry. My picture is of a Fuggler and a comment made me laugh enough to change the name to match.

ThanosReXXX

Anti-Matter wrote:

@ThanosReXXX
Oh, cool.
I am "Out of the Box" gamer. 😀

Yeah.... I could probably have predicted that response, and normally, as a glass half-full person, I'd agree, but in your specific case, the uniqueness of your "type" would sooner translate to the extreme, meaning you're very, VERY lonely in your views, and that is never a good thing. It means that you will find little, if any, people that share your likes, so it's far more difficult to find people to play and enjoy your games with, and it puts you under a microscope, because most people will simply classify you as weird.

But of course, in the end, if you're happy with it, then that is basically all that matters for you personally. Just always be aware of how and where you fit in, in the larger scheme of things, so you'll know how people might react. Much like how you've already experienced from several of us here on NLife.

HotGoomba___Rebrand wrote:

@ThanosReXXX Lol "don't say that."

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Too late now, my man. The cat's out of the bag. Or something along those lines...

@Tyranexx Wants to try and build her own PC, but right now just doesn't have the time. Duly noted...
All kidding aside, I reckon it isn't for everyone, and for most, ready made systems will be their go to solution, but as mentioned before, I kinda pegged you for a tech head, kind of overlooking that it was more on the software side of things. My bad, I suppose...

@ogo79 Just leave it up to ogo to come up with just the right mix of funny and kinda creepy at the same time...

@SM3DASislit When it happens next time, you should give a shout out to antdickens, the tech wizard on here. He's responsible for most, if not all, technical things regarding the NLife web site. Most admins will not be able to help out, other than giving you some advice on options to try, much like I already did earlier.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Bexnn865 No begging allowed on here, and this is also the wrong thread for that. Look up the thread for whatever game you're talking about.

@Mr-Fuggles777 If you want to know more about the rules of reviving/continuing threads, then our Chit-Chat resident mod @Eel will be able to tell you all about it...

@Octane Erm... welcome back, I suppose? Took a break, did you?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah, the Mario ornaments are the only gaming-related ornaments we have here, too. Most of the other ones are traditional, lol. Nice, I ended up getting the G&W at Nintendo's online shop.

@Tyranexx Yeah I definitely made some progress. Unfortunately I got stuck again, this time where you fight Solidum Telethia and Tyrea. I ALMOST beat Telethia, too...

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

First day back at normal work was nuts, albeit productive at least. The MonHun news announcement helped. XD Also, it appears @Octane is back from a break?

@theJGG There are plenty of long games I enjoy. I'm just one of those who gets sucked into the gameplay loop so easily. Not to where I can't stop playing for the evening or anything, but the "I'm gonna do this...now this...one more thing....Oh heck, I'll do this too right quick". I'm the "explore everything I can" and "talk to everyone" sort.

@BruceCM Trust me, I did browse a few of those deals, but I didn't quite bite lol. For rendering, it wouldn't need to be anything top-of-the-line per se, but enough so that I could do some basic modeling in programs like Blender and run Unity builds at optimal settings.

@SM3DASislit As mentioned, if you have problems again, you should give a shout-out to Anthony Dickens (antdickens, though I won't tag him here). He's a member of the site's staff and is in charge of all the technical wizardry here.

I was on remote work for about 5 1/2 weeks; I moved the equipment I would need the day before Thanksgiving. It was voluntary unlike my longer spring/early summer tenure at home; I knew I'd be exposed to some high-risk relatives over the holidays. While the amount of people was significantly reduced, I knew sticking to my own environment most of the time would ensure the chances of making them ill would be low.

I suspect it will take me AT LEAST a year to catch up, probably closer to two. It would be easier if I didn't pick up any games at all. Even with the industry lull however, they're still releasing games I want before long....Monster Hunter Rise and Bravely Default II are part of that list. XD

@ThanosReXXX Oh, I have the time, just not so much the desire in lieu of other projects right now. I would like to be more comfortable with machines on the hardware front, though when one has historically been a little accident-prone....

Randomly touches internal component on random device

Device explodes

@MarioLover92 That fight was a little difficult, but I did manage. I'd argue some later fights are more of a pain. What party are you using? IIRC I mainly used Shulk/Reyn/Sharla and made it through fine.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I used Shulk, Sharla, and Dunban, I think. I experimented with the different party members too. Perhaps I need to level up a bit more, there's quite a few side quests I can do.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Eel

We had our king's cake today and I got one of the figurines.

They're quite cute, porcelain. It apparently comes with different pieces that make a nativity set (randomly selected though), but so far we've only found this one, the baby.

The cake is really good though so I'm sure we'll see the others soon enough.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Indeed. Cool, I'm quite liking the Game and Watch, it's a nice little device. Kind of always wanted one being someone who's a bit into retro-style LCD games. It may not be the old fashioned LCD game, but it's still a cool device with Super Mario Bros, Lost Levels, Ball, and a rather cool clock.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

jedgamesguy

@Eel Galette du Roi? (literal French translation for King's cake) I used to live in Paris and that was a great celebration. I sure hope I can find one around here.

@Tyranexx, I've become like that too. I beat games way too quickly for even my own liking (Xenoblade in 70 hours, Persona 5R in 82, Dragon Quest XI in 45) so I like taking the time to slow down and talk to NPCs, and quest.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MPSSislit

@Mr-Fuggles777
Untitled
That's odd, I haven't heard of sites promoting dead threads to be "revived", but it also makes sense at the same time. I checked the Community Rules, and it doesn't seem to say anything about reviving dead threads (unless I somehow missed it).
Oh, okay. Wait, I remember now, I was scrolling through the comments on one of the recent articles (forgot which one), and I just happened to see your conversation with COVIDberry, which for some reason they kept on calling you Mr. Fuggles.

@ThanosReXXX, @Tyranexx
I do happen to know who antdickens is, but thanks for letting me know anyways, though. I did contact him for something else though (i.e.. asking him about the possibly an emoji menu bar being incorporated the next time the comments UI gets updated).

@ThanosReXXX
I figured that Eel would know since it seems to be a cache issue (a minor issue) if Eel somehow had a "secret" (semi) permanent solution on how to fix the notifications when they didn't work correctly (if that makes sense).

@Tyranexx
Yeah, I went remote for the university I'm attending after Thanksgiving Break as well until the end of the semester, to try and slow down the spread of the pandemic. It's always good to look after family and be concerned about your family (something other people have not been doing since this began).
Anyways, yikes that's crazy it will take you at least a year to catch up. If you don't mind me asking, do you have a plan for which games you plan on defeating first? I know you have a plan for reducing your backlog, regarding new games, but I don't know if you have a plan regarding your current games.
The only games I'm interested in this year (so far) are Balan Wonderworld, LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga, and Genshin Impact (if you count the Switch release date, that is). I might also get Cris Tales (as I found the demo really interesting, even though I'm not really into RPGs).

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

jedgamesguy

@MarioLover92 When I got DE I promised myself not to stick to my regular party layouts. I usually stuck with either Reyn, Dunban, or Reyn, Sharla, with Shulk in the lead for both. But I experimented with everybody during my three playthroughs on Switch, and after playing as Sharla for a while I noticed that I actually kinda like her play style. Same with Melia, her elementals system is really fun and can really rack up some big damage if you play it right. I feel that Seven's moveset is really bulky and generic apart from Talent Arts so I left them be. Dunban's fun to play as, but I haven't really managed to perfect his "evasion tank" skills yet. Reyn's fun but a lot of the time you'll end up mashing Bone Upper or Hammer Beat because of how fast they cool down. And Riki... no. I just can't.

@SM3DASislit I've always been looking at Genshin Impact for the PlayStation, it looks like a great Eastern RPG (can't say JRPG since it's a Chinese game) and I'm a big fan of those too. I had misgivings about the similarities to Breath of the Wild but it looks like a genuinely good game. And it's genuinely good that you're able to spend quality time with your family, use the time to get closer, all of you'll be better off for it! Stay safe!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

You certainly don't want an exploding PC, @Tyranexx .... Some Unity games seem to be surprisingly demanding, I find but that's presumably not the builds you mean? Anyway, hopefully, you can find something suitable at a reasonable price soon!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic