Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,221 to 48,240 of 96,313

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras In part, yes, but it's also the culture that he grew up in, so it's a combination of factors. The whole nature/nurture thing, if you're familiar with that formula. Had he been a person with the same affliction growing up in Europe or in the States, then the outcome would more than likely have been very different. What you grow up with is what influences you, either greatly or to some extent, but there definitely will be some influence, one way or the other.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Blooper987

@ThanosReXXX ah you missed one my dude. The type to buy tons of games and plays each for about 10 minutes cause none of them really grab his attention. But if you give him something like a visual novel or anything with a hint of anime in it he can play it for hours. He’s also the type who gets WAY too into things to the point of obsession. Like he must consume every single piece of media from a franchise or game, to the point of insanity.

Otherwise know as being like Blooper987😂😂😂

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

BruceCM

Then you're probably quite happy with the Switch, @Blooper987.... Lots of anime style games there

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@Blooper987 @Mr-Fuggles777 I haven't seen too much of the Studio Ghibli movies, but I have seen Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Both are really good movies - hopefully I'll find the time to watch more of them!

@ThanosReXXX Oh nice - the one I had was the purple one. (I think it was called "grape purple" or something like that?) My last memory of my GBC was playing it when I was at summer camp when I was 8 or 9. Don't know where it ended up - the oldest handheld I have is the original Game Boy Advance.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ThanosReXXX

@Blooper987 Ah... I knew I had forgotten one...
All kidding aside: if I had really tried, I could have probably come up with a few more categories and/or splinter groups of gamers myself. But suffice to say that there are definitely more than just two kinds of gamers.

@MarioLover92 I've got almost all of the Nintendo handhelds, except for the Game Boy Micro, the New 3DS and the various iterations of the 2DS.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX Lol "don't say that."

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Alrighty, just wanted to say from having the game there's more Disney content. You play what you like.

@MarioLover92 Peach and Toad ice skating sounds adorable. We do, I have a lot of character themed ornaments I've gotten over the years, but it seems the Mario series is the only gaming related ones I have.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

Well, back to working from the office tomorrow. It was fun while it lasted. It'll be nice to get back to a more solid routine, but that means I have a commute and, thus, slightly less time overall. And more interruptions lol.

@BruceCM I might try a slightly cheaper build on my own just to see what I can do successfully and screw up lol. Wish I had a cheap roadkill machine to tinker around with, but I just have a mid-end laptop for now. Otherwise I might just invest in some Alienware or another decent manufactured PC.

@MarioLover92 Ah, so you're definitely making some progress! XC:DE is long, but I loved it so much I'd definitely play it again in the future.

@SM3DASislit I definitely made some decent BotW progress this past weekend! I explored two full provinces to my satisfaction and took down my second Divine Beast. I suspect the going will be a bit slower again now that I'm back at normal work. My commute isn't crazy, but it's still time out of my day. Gotta drive unfortunately.

I've concluded my problem isn't so much the amount of games I pick up - though that used to be an issue a few years ago - but the sheer length of more than a few of them. Hence why I'm trying to be pickier these days.

On the site notifications: I was getting 404 Not Found errors when I tried to check replies this morning. It seems to be fixed now.

@ThanosReXXX I was a bit young to be aware of or pay attention to that console war, but the advertising agencies definitely had a field day with it from what I've read lol. I think your signature quote conveys how console wars function these days quite well.

Nope, I've never needed to assemble PCs for whatever reason, though I do know how to hook up different external components and peripherals (monitors, dock stations, etc.) with few issues. I'm pretty comfortable with them on the software front, but I've only done simple hardware swaps. I've never really been in a position to tinker around with a machine where a screwup wouldn't be a big deal. To be fair, I probably could've tinkered around a bit in the repair area at my previous job with some junk parts, but that was far removed from my role at the time; there was always work for me to do lol. Plus, my work situation was...weird the last couple of years I was there; odd changing and occasionally toxic employment environment aside, I was contracted out a lot, primarily to the position I now hold full-time. I was onsite there maybe 1-2 hours a week in the end.

I've heard/read PCs are somewhat easy to assemble these days; plug & play sounds fairly standard. It's something part of me wants to try, particularly since a coworker did their own first build last year, but there are a few things that were previously/are holding me back. Previously it was my financial situation, though that's improved a bit. There was also some home improvement I wanted to prioritize. Some of that is now out of the way, but I'm still saving up for new windows. My current laptop meets my needs for now, at least for another year or so. There's also a mental component to it; I tend to treat most of my electronics very carefully as I grew up knowing that if I callously threw, broke, or did anything else to them to screw them up, there would be no replacement.

Tl;Dr - It's something I'd like to try, but I'm not sure now would be a suitable time.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

@Mr-Fuggles777 Interesting you mention that, I have to deliver a presentation on Spirited Away in two weeks! That film has so many strong themes and subplots, so I’m super excited to rack my brain on it. I just did one on Inception too, and that movie is an absolute maze.

@MarioLover92 Muahaha! I enjoy being a chatterbox any day. I find myself in the same view, regarding buying a full priced game and that’s it. That’s mainly why I love Nintendo’s games to this day. Most of the time their DLC is alright but sometimes you’ll get one that offers unreal amounts of value and playtime from a $20-30 expansion. Monolith do this well. The XC2 one had all those extra quests and Rare Blades... and on top of that they added a 20 hour standalone game. And in XCDE they added Future Connected for free! Some studios never do this but on the other hand some don’t bundle their games together as badly as Nintendo did with Mario 3D All-Stars. Hopefully this supposed Zelda one is good.

@Tyranexx, long games are the bomb. No joke, they give me something to get towards and I love investing hundreds of hours into a game. Longest played game is Breath of the Wild but I double dipped on that so total hours I’d say is around 600. Xenoblade Chronicles probably around 500-600 on Wii and Switch... and the fact that they cost so little makes it even better. I got Death Stranding last week, it’s a fifty hour game for main quests, for £15. What a steal!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled
Untitled
UntitledUntitledUntitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

BruceCM

Well, I did see a few good deals on Alienware around Black Friday last time & the year before, @Tyranexx .... So, that'd be the time to get anything like that! Depending what sort of rendering & other work you're looking at, that might end up needing a pretty high end build anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

Bexnn865

Hey guys,

I need help!
I am to weak for some quests so it would be very nice if someone would donate me the lunares blade, the creator outfit, the star fishing rod and the spirit pickaxe..
Please.. I depend on that (for e.g. the bone dinosaur in the desert of Al Majiik)

Anyways if someone want to help me via Multiplayer my code is: 3368-5793-0317

Thanks!!

Bexnn865

BruceCM

Does anyone even know what they're talking about ^ ....?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Mr-Fuggles777

What's the etiquette here for reviving old threads?
Wanted to chat about Comics and seen there was an old thread but it's 2 years old - I know some forums I've been on disprove of that kind of thing.

@BruceCM, I think he's begging for high level loot but no idea what game it's for.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Anti-Matter

Something was in my mind about Tales series games by Bandai Namco.
I have never played that franchises, something that made me intrigued by unusual circumstances.
When i saw a shirtless dude in swimsuit from Tales games (browsed from Google Image and found he was Sorey from Zestiria), i was Wooow... (whistle) Who's that guy ?
Kinda made me curious about that franchises since they have swimsuit outfits fanservice like Xenoblade too.
I researched their series history, it was quite a lot installment until this year.
From what i saw, the gameplay was kinda pretty noisy due to constantly screams from players during attacking foes. Their series was okay for me until i saw the contents from Xillia and the next series, i saw Blood mentioned from ESRB explanation started from Xillia until Berseria. The games was rated CERO B & Teen but rated PEGI 16 in Europe but surprisingly it eas rated PG by Australian rating, except Xillia 2, Berseria (CERO C).
When i saw Blood mentioned from ESRB rating (Not Mild Blood or Animated Blood), i quickly did some reasearch and found the impact of Blood was pretty disturbing me by reading the texts "blood was on the dead corpse, bloodpool from dead animal, blood from anime style scene by impale but no blood spurts during battle".
Also, i accidentally found a bloody scene of Zestiria anime scene and instantly i changed my mind.
Something that really crossing my line despite they have good character design.
I could only consider until Graces F for milder contents.
I felt interested only by swimsuits outfits started from Xillia but i couldn't consider Xillia and above due to Blood content, the thing that really not allowed in my gaming area.
How frustrating.
I felt disappointed, i thought i could consider Tales series games by majority on PS3 and PS4, but i was wrong.

Anti-Matter

Mr-Fuggles777

@Anti-Matter I would consider giving the games a try, I can honestly say that I didn't find any of them excessively gory although Bersaria felt a little darker in tone than previous entries.
Symphonia is one of my favourite entries in the series, it was on GC but may have also been on PS3.
There is also the port of Vesperia on switch which is an amazing game and is quite often on sale.
Arise is one of my most anticipated games for this year.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Blooper987

@Anti-Matter the blood really isn't that bad I don't think. I know you tend to have pretty weird decisions on what is and isn't appropriate (probably because where you're from). But I don't see how unrealistic blood can be that big of a deal. I'm just asking why you find blood so inappropriate. From my point of view blood is a small thing compared to any form of sexual content and suggestive language.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Anti-Matter

@Blooper987
Because it was SIN, EVIL and SAVAGE.
I have been traumatized by blood and gore scenes from rated 18+ games in the past when i was kid by accidentally.
I extremely hate to see blood spurts brutally. WTF 😠
Just accidentally found that content made me turned off immediately.
I will not forcing myself to buy games with contents that clearly breaking my gaming rules.

Anti-Matter

Octane

Been away for a while, but it's good to see the NLife forums haven't changed much...

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic