Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,921 to 47,940 of 96,481

MPSSislit

@Eel
Oh okay, I can understand why people wouldn't like a sequel that doesn't add much to the universe (or canon) of that series. For some reason, that doesn't bug me, though. πŸ€”

@HotGoomba___Rebrand
Okay haha, YouTube recommendations can be really bizarre and random. πŸ˜†
Also, your latest picture didn't show up and is doing the infamous "Untitled" thing. 😐

@Anti-Matter
Okay, thanks for letting me know.
Oof, 7 hours and little progress?! All I have to say is yikes. 😬
Hopefully, you're able to continue your Avian Kickboxer calendar layout sooner rather than later.
Wow, sounds like you'll be busy for the next week (or two). Have fun with your calendars, and hopefully, you'll stop having problems with how it looks.

@Zuljaras
If you don't mind me asking, what makes you think that RGT 85 doesn't care about gaming? πŸ€”
I've only seen a few of his videos, so that's why I'm asking.

@Blooper987
Very nice. πŸ‘
Yeah, I've heard that parallel parking is a pain. 😬
Wait I'm confused, why would COVID make it so that you wouldn't have to parallel park? πŸ€”

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. πŸ€”
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

NintendoByNature

@SM3DASislit rgt85 is fun to watch but he's not very professional. Usually there's alot of 2nd takes that aren't edited that well. But it's kind of funny to see and has become the norm for him. He does seem to care based on what I watch. Mostly alot of retro and arcade stuff, but he does get into a lot of newer stuff too. If you just want silly fun gaming news watch rgt85, he's a clown, but in a good way.

Edit: and regarding @zuljaras comment, most if not all you tubers are click baity honestly. I wouldn't hold it over rgts head when they all do it.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

MPSSislit

@NintendoByNature
Oh okay, that makes sense. πŸ€”πŸ‘
Yikes, he should probably have better editing, but like you said he kinda likes to do his own thing. πŸ€”
Didn't realize that most YouTubers were considered "click baity", I'll have to keep that in mind. 😐

Edited on by MPSSislit

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

NintendoByNature

@SM3DASislit at least imo they are. That's nothing against them or negative. They just are and they're trying to make a living. I cant knock them for that.

NintendoByNature

MPSSislit

@NintendoByNature
Oh okay, thanks for letting me know. πŸ‘

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!

Tyranexx

Is it Christmas break yet? I'm so ready to be done with work this week.... X_X Having issues implementing a feature request in a coded mess of a major system area. What was the main guy who wrote this part thinking....

@Heavyarms55 I've heard most Ford Taurus cars hold up pretty well! That is a VERY good run for a car. I drive a 2012 Toyota Corolla I bought used in late 2013 that's still in decent shape. Wonder how long it'll last?

I did get out to play during my lunch today. I even found my first Vanillite! There are a couple of new event Pokemon floating around that I also caught (Stantler and variant 3727 of Pikachu). Nothing crazy to report beyond that, though I did hatch a Fletchling.

@ThanosReXXX Most of the Shrines have come to me easily, though I was stumped on one until I (briefly) consulted a walkthrough for it. Not the whole place; I learned that I missed the, in hindsight, VERY obvious object on which to use Magnesis....Facepalm That and Stasis are the most challenging runes for me since they're new concepts.

Hoping to play a little this evening. Didn't have a ton of gaming time yesterday and played Pushmo instead.

@Kimyonaakuma Welcome to the Chit-Chat Thread!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

kkslider5552000

It's so weird how many times you see VR in tv series or other media as if they are like...currently relevant and not a tiny niche thing that some richer gamers and personalities like. Like they're presented as if they're the Wii in 2008 or something. I think all current versions of the big 3 VR headsets combined have sold less than the Wii U. People need to stop pretending VR is mainstream, everyone just watched people play Half Life Alyx.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThanosReXXX

@SM3DASislit A friendly piece of advice: you might wanna take it down a notch with the smileys and emoticons. Even I am already pushing it in my previous comment, so literally placing them after nearly every sentence is massive overkill.

@Tyranexx Well, I don't know if it's YOUR Christmas break yet, but all I have to do, is to survive this last Wednesday of the year at the office, and then I'll be free until the 5th of January, so hopefully, I'll be able to fit in some solid gaming hours. Lord knows my MASSIVE back log could do with some catching up...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

So I was looking at the confirmed anime line up starting next month and holy mother of crap is it an absolutely insane season coming up! Just for returning series, we have in the same season:

Re:Zero, That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime, Attack on Titan (final season!), Quintessential Quintuplets, Dr. Stone season 2: Stone Wars, The Promised Neverland season 2, Laid Back Camp 2 and another season of Strike Witches!!!!!!!

I have never seen such a killer lineup of returning shows in a single season before! Several of these are among my favorite anime in recent years! Especially Re:Zero, Titan, Stone and Slime! And that's not even talking about any potential new surprises!

That all of these are coming out in the same season is utterly mind blowing! We might be looking at one of the best seasons of anime we have ever had starting off 2021!

In other news, did anyone get outside this weekend to see Jupiter and Saturn in the night sky? They are super close together right now. I went out for a walk this evening and had a crystal clear sky, so I had a great view of them and the stars, and also spent about a half hour walking around the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights. One positive thing about living in this forsaken wasteland of a desert is that it's much warmer this time of year than it would have been in where I lived previously. So it's actually very nice to walk around. (of course we pay for that 10 months of the year with super high temperatures too...)

@Tyranexx Yeah, I've met a few people who agree with my fondness of the Taurus from that era. I wasn't a big fan of the new redesign Ford did, and I recently learned that Ford doesn't even make cars anymore. Only SUVs, Trucks, sports cars and other expensive over-compensations. Which is a shame because when I did get a car, I was hoping Ford would put out an electric Fiesta or Focus eventually.

Nice on the Vanillite. I nabbed a couple today. And a bunch of Snowrunt while I was gawking at Christmas lights and the planets a little while ago.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Don't forget Sailor Moon Eternal, Doraemon Movie again.

I didn't see Jupiter and Saturn in the sky.
Where was it ? (i live in Southern hemisphere)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

DegenerateStar

I’m fairly new to these forums, but I have lurked for a day or two. I am now fully recovered from COVID (it sucked) and ready to learn all about chibi anthro six-pack birds.

@Anti-Matter, I like your art style. Some of your art actually caught my daughter’s eye too. Are your calendars for sale?

Currently Playing:

3DS - Rune Factory 4
Switch - Farm Together

Anti-Matter

@DegenerateStar
Eh, No. πŸ˜…
I made my calendars annually just for fun.
Still have no plan to sell it on public.
But here is one example of my Calendar 2017.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Oh, I'd have to look it up for the southern hemisphere. Sorry. But the two are real close together in the sky right now, so if they are visible at night from you're location, you should see one bright "star" and then a dimmer one very close next to it and slightly to the right. And if you have good eyes or strong glasses, the dimmer one should look faintly yellow. That would be Saturn. The brighter one is Jupiter I believe. Jupiter is larger and closer, so I assume it's the brighter of the two.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Zuljaras

@SM3DASislit I used to like him. But after some very ugly click baits with ZERO relevance I unsubscribed from him. Also he does not have any personal opinion on things. Just like most of those "gaming news" channels.

Vinny

Anyone remember the Road Rash series? These games had great tracks and that nice 90s rock aesthetic.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@Vinny I most definitely do, great times. If that's the type of game you'd like to see re-imagined, then look no further than Road Redemption. I also have it, and it's definitely an entertaining title, in my opinion. It's available on PC, Xbox, PlayStation and also on the Switch, so basically on any current gaming platform available.

Here's a trailer and underneath that, an honest review of the Switch version:

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX I thought that Red Dead Redemption was coming to Switch when I first read the video title.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

MPSSislit

@ThanosReXXX
I realized that once I posted it. I did get rid of some of the emojis I had originally, but I was thinking if I should get rid of any more emojis, as I thought it still had way too many of them. I also got rid of some more of them. So, thanks for confirming what I was thinking.
If you (or anyone else) happen to have any more friendly advice to give me in the future, please feel free to let me know. πŸ€”

@HotGoomba___Rebrand
Oh, okay. Haha, I get what you were doing. πŸ˜†

@Zuljaras
Oh, yikes. Sorry to hear that you got click baited by him.
I haven't been click baited too much, but I definitely get where you're coming from.
That's what someone else in this forum said regarding "gaming news" channels. πŸ€”

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Sorry for getting your hopes up...

@SM3DASislit You're welcome. I'll share a secret with you: I'm kind of partial to emojis myself, and mostly so because in my view, they do help to convey the feeling/intent of a sentence or word, which is something that plain text obviously lacks, seeing as you miss the tone of voice and facial expression of the person making the statements, so I do at times have to reign myself in as well...

So, kind of speaking from experience in that regard.

P.S.

Instead of those small, creepy and hardly discernible emojis, we do have our own, normal-sized ones here on NLife. The text codes for most of them can be found here:
https://emojipedia.org/
But if you want to find out what is what, you can also hover the mouse pointer over some of the ones I've posted below, so you'll know what to enter into your own comments.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic