Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,941 to 47,960 of 96,503

Heavyarms55

My friend bought me the Halo Master Chief Collection on PC. And this PC of mine that I built a few months ago can run it with all the setting pushed to the max. Time to relive middle school gaming for me!

Also playing Halo on PC with a Nintendo Pro Controller is so weird. But I love it!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

Work team Christmas party was this afternoon, on-site and via Zoom for us remote workers. My manager has a Steam account that he used to host games via a website/app. We played a few games out of the myriad Jack Box Party Pack games (Drawful, some game where you need to write a lie and then pick the true fact out of the group, and another where you pick between two phrases that other players typed in that the game picked at random), and we wrapped everything up with a little Among Us on mobile. Definitely a fun time! Kinda sad that I missed out on the snacks and drinks available on-site, but I don't need to be ingesting that stuff anyway. XD

@ThanosReXXX I get Friday (Christmas) off. Then I get next Friday (New Years Day) off as well. Past that and the usual weekends off, that's about it lol. I'd have to file for additional days, which I could do. Thing is, personal time carries over, and I want to conserve some of my vacation days for the long spring dragfest.

@Heavyarms55 I got out to see the two planets on Monday evening since the weather cooperated. Definitely a nice sight! I like celestial events and try to view them if the timing isn't too inconvenient.

Yep, Ford unfortunately stopped making normal cars. Which is a shame. I can see the uses of SUVs and trucks in some situations, but things like expensive sports cars? No thanks. What's the point of owning something if you're only going to drive it a few times a year and baby it the rest of the time? Vehicles are meant to be used!

I did gift backs in PoGo and caught a few Pokemon today, but I didn't play past that. Not much of a desire to play today. I did get out to walk for a few minutes, but not far; I have to walk quite a ways to get to the closest Pokestop.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Yeah all I did was log in for a minute to check if my Pokemon was knocked out of a gym today. I'll probably log on once more and check gifts but I didn't play much myself.

My friend bought my Halo MCC today, and also Star Wars: Empire at War Expanded just got a massive update. AND I had all my weekly anime to watch too. So I'd got more entertaining things to choose from today lol.

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone!
Take this.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

MPSSislit

@ThanosReXXX
That's the same reason that I use emoji's as well, it definitely helps with conveying tones.
I've seen people use the NLife emoji's, I just didn't know how they worked (until now). I wish that Nintendo Life had an emoji "tray" (or whatever it's called), like Discord, and other website chat "boxes", have. The emoji's that you posted look very similar (if not exactly the same) to the emoji's on Discord. 🤔

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

WoomyNNYes

Anyone here, or @Eel @ThanosREXXX @Heavyarms55

Has anybody ever gotten an email from Instagram saying:

Subject: (user name), We've made it easy to get back on Instagram

Hi (user name),

It seems like you're having trouble logging into Instagram. We can help you get back into your account.

I wasn't using my IG, or struggling to log in when I recieved these IG emails. Just wondering if anyone else knows if this means someone is trying to hack your IG. My password is strong af, and I turned on two step verification, to be safe.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BruceCM

Well, I don't use Instagram but I have had the odd email like that from other places & went for changing my password, to be on the safe side, @WoomyNNYes ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Heavyarms55

@WoomyNNYes I don't use Instagram but my cousin mentioned his was hacked once to share links to some kind of pyramid scheme or something.

HotGoomba

@WoomyNNYes Don't have Facebook accounts, but my sister got her gmail hacked from a similar scam.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone!
Take this.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Ah, fair enough. We have the same kind of construction with days off over here. And seeing as I came from nothing, other than being self-employed, I've only "amassed" 80 hours of free time up to now, but seeing as I didn't really have a summer vacation, and between that already present situation and the whole living and working under COVID restrictions thing, I REALLY needed some time off to recharge the ol' battery, so I chose to take time off as of today, until Tuesday the 5th of January, so that will be my first "back in the office" day of next year.

I'll worry about summer holidays whenever they come. If they come at all, seeing as the current forecast is that we'll be under restrictions until at least May/June, so we'll see how things go. But those are worries for later. Right now, I simply need this.

@SM3DASislit They actually did use to have an "emoji tray" (didn't even know that it was called that, I always just called it a menu bar for emojis), but for some reason or other, they decided to remove it from the comment window. But no worries, between me, @Tyranexx and a couple of others, we'll bring you up to speed as to what the resident emojis are. Just as long as you don't go overboard...

EDIT:
Haven't been able to find an NLife alternative for that "thumb on chin" emoji that you like to use, though. I've searched and tried all the options from emojipedia, but as with some others, some just don't work on here.

And in that case, I simply decide to not use them at all, because as you can tell, I really don't like these tiny ones. I hate it when I have to squint to see whatever the hell is posted in some comment.

@WoomyNNYes Nope, can't say I have. Then again, it could be in my spam filter. I use gmail, so who knows. Either way, besides sometimes having looked at some Instagram accounts, I've never made any use of it myself, seeing as I hate social media, so you won't ever see me on there.

But as @BruceCM has mentioned, I would consider changing your password, and a good one is always to check the actual address that the mail is coming from. I don't know if you've ever received any other mails from Instagram so you can compare, in which case it's usually instantly clear if it's genuine or not, and another thing you can do is send them an email yourself (to their REAL info mail) to ask about this mail.
I assume that there's some link on Instagram's home page where there's either a contact form or a mail address that you could use.

Either way, never, and I do mean NEVER click on any link of a mail that you don't fully trust. That's rule #1,
no matter what else happens.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Don't bother asking him why. Most of us will never understand his weird type of humor, let alone his thought pattern. And the fake Pokémon card wasn't even funny. Spelled incorrectly as well. I wonder if he made it himself.

EDIT:
Never question @ogo79, though. He's the master of "take this" jokes, and he actually IS funny. And he knows when to apply them, contrary to our strange friend Anti.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

WooHoo...!! 😄😄😄
I have finished Sly Cooper 2 PS3 just now.
It was really hard during battle against Clock-La (Neyla became Clockwerk) as i have to aim the machine gun almost perfectly toward her head and her misiles (i failed a lot during this mission), then smack her eyes after i chase her in the sky, then removed the hate chip inside the Clock-La head by Murray and Bentley.
I felt bad to see Bentley got injured after being crushed by Clock-La head after removing the hate chip. 😰😢
And that was the reason Bentley use wheel chair on Sly 3 and Sly 4. Still feel sorry for him to unable walk normally anymore. 😔

Tomorrow i will continue Sly 3 PS3 and still waiting for my XBOX 360 E USA with the games and Sly Cooper Thieves of Time PS3 delivered to my house.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Oh, yeah, I sort of assumed he'd double-checked the email was from Instagram .... Although you'd soon notice if any link was taking you anywhere else & settings should prevent anything auto-downloading, apart from needing permission to install anyway!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM You would indeed notice, but if he had already clicked on the link, then in a lot of cases, it would have already been too late.

@Anti-Matter Ah, I see. So, it was just another person without a good sense of humor, then.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic