Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 46,921 to 46,940 of 96,531

Tyranexx

HotGoomba___Rebrand wrote:

Nevada bruhs rn:
Untitled

The fact that I read this to a tune in my head testifies how old I am.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HotGoomba

@Tyranexx Don't worry, plenty of younger people watch(ed) blue's clues!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Tyranexx

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Lol I really liked the show at one point in time, though I stopped watching/got bored of it just before the Joe transition.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Anti-Matter

I played this game in the morning.
Untitled

Untitled

I found some Indonesian names despite it modified a little bit looks like foreign words such as Klinci (Kelinci in actual Indonesia word = Rabbit), Quintal (Kuintal in actual Indonesia word = 100 kg)

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

I've started playing through Secret of Mana for the first time through Collection of Mana on the Switch; I fired it up for a few minutes once on the SNES Classic, but only to test the waters. For the most part I'm enjoying it so far, though it has taken me a bit to get used to how the in-game menus work; it took awhile for me to figure out how to equip new gear.

Any tips? Tricks? Ways to preserve my sanity? I currently have the Hero and the Girl you can name in my party and am on my way to the Witch's Forest or whatever it's called. Apparently she's zombified some citizens of Pandora.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I have the PS4 version of Secret of Mana.
I prefer 3D graphic remake over than 2D style but the funny part was they talked like ventriloquist (talking with showing the teeth / mouth closed). 🤣
I still haven't continued the game yet, testing the water.

Btw, have you ever know PS4 game above (look at my PS4 game post above) ?

Anti-Matter

Eel

Ah cool I found a shiny cubone in pokemon go. It had been a long while since my last full-odds shiny.

It looks cute in dinosaur green.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Eel Congrats! Cubone has a nice shiny form. Shiny Marowak also looks pretty cool IMO. I found one a couple of months ago at full odds as well. Hopefully yours has better stats than mine. XD

@Anti-Matter You must be talking about the 3D remake. I've heard a few things about that. Some people seem to like it, while others (mostly fans of the original SNES game) absolutely did not like the changes in the remake. If you ever go back to it, let me know how it goes! I don't mind 3D graphics if they're done well, but I'm also a fan of 16-bit pixel art.

As for Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story, nope, I've never heard of that game. A quick internet search shows that it's available on the Switch.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Tyranexx Secret of Mana's remake on PS4 is ok. It's not really a shining example of a remake done right, and I think the flat art direction does the game's environments a disservice, as well as the soundtrack being generally hit or miss, but it's serviceable.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Anti-Matter

Um...
I want to ask your opinion before i'm doing this.
I know i have been playing with original games and original video game devices for 7 years.
I have removed all the pirated games and jailbroken video game devices since year 2015.
But something in my mind recently lingering inside my head about reconsidering a little bit modded game devices.
I realized there are some old games i will unable to buy due to insane price on Ebay and i think those games will never get price cut or more cheaper options from other sellers so suddenly in my mind i was thinking about getting a modded PSP to play certain PS1/ PSP ISO games due to those games were really impossible to get for insane price / extinct from the existence.
I know it sounds very embarrassing to say that thing but as the owner of original games and video game machines for 7 years and still maintain my faith to be an original gamers, do you think it is okay to break my promise a little bit as i have ever done gray area from ACNH by using Amiibo card clones to summon desired villagers?
I'm afraid by doing that will make me feel guilty but hey... used to be i played with pirated games and modded machine in the past.
I still keep continuing my original gaming hobby despite i might have a modded video game device just for certain things.
Who is also playing with modded video game devices despite still keep playing with original games on original video game devices ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

I personally have no problems enjoying roms of old games I have extracted myself from the original cartridges I own. Because it feels like a personal project, and I can still feel that sense of ownership.

Downloading them completely cheapens the experience for me though. And it's also risky.

It's ultimately up to you. I think.

Just don't go too in-depth about these things here.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter I do it and it is fine!

I am physical collector for LIFE! But I also like to collect moded consoles OR emulator machines.

There is NOTHING wrong with this and you should not feel guilty at all.

In the end only the games matter not what you play them on.

WoomyNNYes

@Vinny This summer, after a storm knocked out power for 4-5 days, I got a RavPower 26,800 mah 30W PD with fast recharge. I wanted high capacity, and the ability to charge the Switch while playing it. I had to buy the higher power delivery wall charger for the fast recharge (it still recharges with other chargers, just not fast, if older chargers don't support fast charging). It recharges the powerbank in 4-5 hours, which is insane compared to my old 14,000 mah that took like 20+ hours to recharge.

Granted this 26,800 mah is a lot, but I have been happy with my RavPower brand powerbank, and recommend it if the brand is available in your region.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LRQDAEI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T7M2799/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx @Eel you guys getting some shiny luck in PoGo recently? A few days ago I nabbed a shiny Poochyena, and then yesterday during that weird Verizon even in Go, I actually nabbed 3 shiny Absol!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tendo64

Anti-Matter wrote:

Um...
I want to ask your opinion before i'm doing this.
I know i have been playing with original games and original video game devices for 7 years.
I have removed all the pirated games and jailbroken video game devices since year 2015.
But something in my mind recently lingering inside my head about reconsidering a little bit modded game devices.
I realized there are some old games i will unable to buy due to insane price on Ebay and i think those games will never get price cut or more cheaper options from other sellers so suddenly in my mind i was thinking about getting a modded PSP to play certain PS1/ PSP ISO games due to those games were really impossible to get for insane price / extinct from the existence.
I know it sounds very embarrassing to say that thing but as the owner of original games and video game machines for 7 years and still maintain my faith to be an original gamers, do you think it is okay to break my promise a little bit as i have ever done gray area from ACNH by using Amiibo card clones to summon desired villagers?
I'm afraid by doing that will make me feel guilty but hey... used to be i played with pirated games and modded machine in the past.
I still keep continuing my original gaming hobby despite i might have a modded video game device just for certain things.
Who is also playing with modded video game devices despite still keep playing with original games on original video game devices ?

Do what you want dude.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Tyranexx

@TheFrenchiestFry "Serviceable" seems to describe a lot of what I've read about the SoM remake. Once the usual internet bellyaching is sifted through, anyway. XD You have one camp saying that it's hot garbage, others (admittedly a select few) singing its praises, and the rest saying it's kinda meh.

I figured it was best to experience the game the way nature intended. Well, as close as I can get using modern platforms anyway.

@Eel That figures. XD The vast majority of my good shinies were hatches or lucky trades. And those are few. Oh well. At least they make great gym squatters sometimes.

@Heavyarms55 Man, I've been searching for a shiny Poochyena for ages lol. Same with Absol (and I've hatched plenty). Congrats on all of them! Honestly I forgot about the Verizon event and didn't really play much yesterday outside of gifting and a couple of catches. No recent shiny luck here, but I did pretty well during the Halloween event; besides that Spiritomb, I also caught a shiny Shuppet and Drifloon. Neither had particularly great stats, but I was still thrilled! Drifloon especially, that's one I've searched for for some time.

I did land my first Galarian Ponyta via a 7 km egg today, but its stats were all 10s.

Heavyarms55

@Eel That's a bummer, but at least you got the one! And it is a nice one!

@Tyranexx Ohh Drifloon is a nice one. I got one totally randomly months ago when I was walking home from the mall one evening. It was even a rare spawn at the time, I was shocked! If they ever add long distance trading, I'll happily trade you one of my extra Absol.

I actually almost did forget about the Verizon event too, but since the weather was gorgeous yesterday I went for a walk and logged in about an hour into the event. Happy coincidence there. lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic