Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,941 to 45,960 of 96,597

-Green-

Have any of you ever had to have your dog put down

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

We don't usually do that were I live. So my family has never had any dog be put down.

But we did lose one of our dogs to cancer a few years ago, it was really sad.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

Did you just let them pass naturally? My little dog has cancer too sadly.

Eel

Yes, we kept her company and tried to keep her confortable. Even with all the pain she must've felt, she would always perk up around us, and try to be with us as much as she could.

She must've known when it was her time, because one day she decided to find a spot to hide, and passed there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

-Green-

I heard many dogs do that and they'll seek out company. It sucks seeing it happen. Did you know what type of cancer it was?

Edited on by -Green-

-Green-

That's awful. My dog has pancreatic cancer and it spread through his body. I'm still not sure how to approach the whole thing.

The medication isn't helping him as much and he's starting to be in constant pain. Struggling to use the bathroom and to eat.

Edited on by -Green-

Eel

Oh, that's very rough. It does sound like it is an option you need to consider, and I can't imagine how you must feel about the idea of having to go through with it.

It's a really complex situation.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

-Green-

Yeah it's really tough. I'm keeping him as much company as I can to see how things are going for him. In the end, it's just delaying the inevitable but I want him to live as long as he can as long as he's happy.

Eel

Whatever happens in the end, I hope it helps to remember that what is ultimately important is that you gave your pet the best life you were able to provide, and he is probably grateful for everything.

Your doggy won't blame or resent you for either choice.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

porto

@-Green- no, but my havanese dog got ran over by truck late at night just 4 weeks after we brought her home.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

porto

@Eel Someone once said something to me I'll never forget. "You live for 80 years. Your dog only gets to live for about 10-15 years. Give them the best life you can" Stuck with me for years. I strive to give my other doggies the best life ever. (Which also Means treats and tummy rubs are abundant)

Edited on by porto

porto

Tyranexx

Losing an animal you're fond of is hard. Unfortunately, growing up on a farm, this was something I got very accustomed to. Especially with our barn cats. I'll spare you all the horror stories. Suffice it to say that some cats like hiding in vehicles way too much, and that some people out there are horrible to animals that aren't theirs.

@Zuljaras I'll try to remember to post my impressions here. Though I have no idea when I'll get around to it. It's also been awhile since I've watched full episodes of TLA, so I'll likely get those in first.

I liked the first season of The Legend of Korra (though the love triangle thing seemed a bit...is forced what I'm looking for?), but other than maybe part of an episode of season 2, I haven't seen the rest of it at all.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

-Green- wrote:

Have any of you ever had to have your dog put down

my mom has at least 3 times. cats too.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

so nl just asked me to accept cookies.
uh yeah!
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

porto

@ogo79 nice profile pic change

I got the cookies message too. Made me a bit hungry to say the least

Edited on by porto

porto

Anti-Matter

I drew two pictures about Stop Bullying poster for drawing teaching this afternoon.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

porto

@Anti-Matter nice drawings I like the attention to detail on the clothing. How long did it take you to make that one?

porto

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic