Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,601 to 44,620 of 96,530

Eel

I've never had mountain dew. What's it supposed to taste like?

I hear it's extremely sweet.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

@Eel I don’t like any fizzy drinks, so in my opinion... it sucks.

Is LEGO Harry Potter any good?

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel I don't know, because they don't really sell it over here, unless it's in the odd specialty shop. But yeah, it's one of the more sweeter soda pops out there, and there's various flavors, all capable of eroding the enamel off of your teeth...

I've often seen it "pop up" in various US-related discussions, and there's some YouTubers, obviously the more unhealthy ones, that seem to be wholesale sponsors of that particular brand.

EDIT:
Mountain Dew is even mentioned in a list of 7 food items that are banned in over 100 countries, but which are still available in the US:
https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/foods-banned-countries-...

And I mean, just look at that color:
Untitled
That alone is already enough to make the enamel jump off of your teeth...

The other flavors:
Untitled

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Vinny

Someone gotta ask the important questions

Which version of 99 Luftballoons do you guys enjoy the most, the english one or the german original?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@Vinny The original, obviously.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

@ThanosReXXX yeah they don't really sell it here either. And I don't quite like soda, so I never considered tasting it before.

Not that I'm considering it now though.... But with that color I just wonder if it's supposed to be lemon lime, or some green offshoot of "fruit punch" flavor.

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Well, far as I know, they always advertised it as a cool, hip soda, so they probably selected that color to make it stand out, much like those energy drinks such as Monster and Red Bull. As you can see, all of the colors look rather toxic, which is probably also what makes it attractive for kids.

From the brand name alone, you'd think it was fresh and healthy spring water, instead of sugar spiked and artificially colored soda...

BabyYoda71

Not energy drinks! They are horrible for your body, have you seen those experiment videos?

BabyYoda71

@ThanosReXXX That link must have been shut down in the last 30 minutes, as it leads me to a 404. 😉

BruceCM

Oooh, they don't have all those other flavours over here .... Only the original green job

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NEStalgia

@Eel It's lemon lime. It's sweet, but it's not bad. I like it on occasion but I prefer the special release versions that use real sugar like back in the day rather than the modern HFCS version. The colors.... that yellow color is banned in some countries, which is why the product is banned, but there's still no real conclusive proof that the color is bad either. Sometimes the US gets it wrong by allowing the food companies to decide what's safe and what isn't, but sometimes the US gets it right and the world overreacts to tenuous links and claims that don't have evidence to back them. The world was better before food was mostly a product engineered in a lab by chemists. But that was a long time ago now.

That said, I also preferred the world before companies dumbed down to "millennial speak" and truncated the word "mountain" to "mtn" because "mountain" is just too hard to read. Liek idk y u wud need 2 trncte stf liek that 4 ne1 to understnd. Is teh smartest most edcted hi slry gen evr!

NEStalgia

Eel

Oh so that solves that puzzle thanks.

To be fair, I think Mtn Dew is probably just better logo material, and it helps the brand distance itself a bit from the naturalistic nature of the full name.

After all, "neon green lime-flavored sugar bomb 4 cool people" doesn't entirely fit the nice "mountain dew" words.

Kinda like making a vodka brand named "Tropical Sunset".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BruceCM

Bearing in mind the colour of the bottle ... Check the ingredients list they have to provide & compare it to other similar products! It's certainly no worse than most of them

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 I corrected the link, because it didn't work initially, and if you're outside the US, you apparently can't access the page, unless of course you're using a VPN or something similar.

@NEStalgia Haha, yeah, I noticed the "dumbing down" of the name as well. When did that happen? Last time I saw anything Mountain Dew related, it was still written in complete syllables...

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Now, in a normal world, that might actually make sense, but advertising and marketing definitely isn't a part of the normal world, as I know all too well.

Besides, otherwise, there's actually no really logical reason or interesting selling point for my favorite rum to have a black bat in its logo...

@BruceCM The color of the bottle is actually the exact color of the contents, as clearly visible in that first picture that I posted in comment #45,172.

Eel

Bats are cool, mysterious, and dangerous.

That's probably the feeling they're trying to evoke. Gotta make the alcohol sound and look cool to sell it to the right people.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BruceCM

Eh, it's a bit of colouring, like is used in almost every soft drink & plenty of food, @ThanosReXXX.... It's far from being the worst ingredients in most of them, if that's the concern

SW-4357-9287-0699

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX It's been that way for quite a while now, actually. At least 5 years, maybe more. Shortly after it became the go-to brand for X-Sports (because writing extreme is also 2 hrd.)

Also the contents aren't exactly the color shown there....it's similar ish but that color over-saturates it horrendously. It's not really THAT solidly opaque a color. It's, indeed a bright yellow, but it's much more translucent more of a paler-but-still-neon-ish color than that. It's bright, but doesn't look like something from a Spiderman comic like that picture above.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Eel They're selling booze to drunks...how creative does it need to be?

NEStalgia

Eel

You'd be surprised, it's probably like the console wars but with alcohol brands.

The fancy expensive bottles would be like the cool gamer PC's.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic