Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,541 to 38,560 of 96,507

Zuljaras

After my last Dominos experience 2 days ago I will probably never order from them. The burger pizzas were disgusting like the meat on them was very old. They used to be good but now ...

NotTelevision

Dang. Now I want a pizza. šŸ¤¤

I like a simple salami and mushroom topping and now Iā€™ve gravitated towards sardines/anchovies because I like the salty and pungent kick.

Tabasco is always welcome if I have some in the house.

NotTelevision

HobbitGamer

Iā€™m definitely having pizza for lunch now.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Didn't mean to imply that you didn't, but when I saw all the US-only options, I wanted to add some European options, and of course the country of origin.

As for garlic sauce: the Dutch are actually pretty fond of garlic, so there's plenty of good alternatives to Papa John's recipe over here. The Avengers may have made shawarma a bit more popular over in the States, but we have already been snacking on shawarma buns with copious scoops of garlic sauce for decades...

@bimmy-lee Yeah, that's true, and that's also what I meant with what you say and how you say it. You kind of need to take extra measures online because people might always interpret your words differently than you intended, so stuff does indeed get lost in translation. As a person used to face to face of phone contact at work, the text part of communication always irked me back in the day.

Not so much in professional communication, but in places like these, because I had a tendency to think that what was clear for me, should also be immediately clear for others, when I wrote down my exact thoughts, but boy, did I have a lot to learn in that department. I suppose the text walls I put up every now and then are a result of that. Using more text so there can be little to no misunderstandings about my intent.

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, sometimes the simplest recipe can be the best. I also like the standard pepperoni pizza.
I like to vary from time to time. I'm not so much of a "when I go to this place, I always take this dish/food/snack". Variety is the spice of life, after all...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Sunsy

All this pizza talk makes me glad I made fresh pizza this past weekend. I enjoy cooking, and making pizza with fresh dough is something I enjoy doing from time to time. This one was topped with pepperoni and black olives, which is something I always liked.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Vinny

Wow, forgot how brutal the first Rayman game was. Never got past the blue mountains back when I played Rayman Advance. And that version is actually easier than the others.

I like the more modern style of Origins and Legends, where there aren't lives and the challenge now is getting to the next checkpoint (which can take a ton of tries but it's still worth it! great titles.)

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Sunsy

@Vinny I remember the very first time I played the original Rayman was because I bought the PC version from GOG years ago. Really was a challenging game. I can't remember its level name, it was this music themed level that had a lot of sliding around, and timing had to be perfect. I even remember playing the first level over and over just to get as many lives as I can.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Indeed. Especially after a good night on the town with a bunch of friends. And I don't mean lady friends, what with the copious amounts of spices and garlic and all. VERY little hope of a happy ending with that...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

Part of why I like pizza is because it's so easy to customize. I could honestly eat it every day of the week and have something slightly different each time.

I like most pizza toppings - even pineapple - but there are a small handful I avoid. I'm not a fan of anchovies or green bell peppers (the juice gets into the cheese and ruins it...ugh), and while I don't dislike pepperoni, a little goes a long way. I much prefer ham or sausage for pizza meat.

@Heavyarms55 Donuts, in my humble opinion, are not a bad extra perk. I do try not to get carried away when we get them, but it's hard sometimes. So far I've limited myself to an iced chocolate cream-filled donut. The donuts will likely survive until tomorrow since we have a couple of employees out this week, so I'll probably have another then. XD

Edit: ...I caved and also had a classic glazed donut. Please send help.

It sounds like the hotel job was a fun one, but I agree that it probably wasn't the best long-term if advancement was hard to pull off. I'd be curious to read any samples of those 3 AM conversations. Some people/situations can get quite interesting!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NEStalgia

@eel Sure thing, boss. So, what does everyone think of the price of Pokemon Home?

Untitled

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX for sure. It's similar to a gyro. Both are absolutely delicious, but you don't want to eat them while on a date šŸ˜‰

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

Anti-Matter

Errr... WUT ?!
An Orgasm Rabbid ?! šŸ¤ŖšŸ¤£

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

I love a good troll in the morning. They're SO fun to try and reason with. I almost jumped into the TMS thread, but it was pretty obvious by that point that further words wouldn't do anything.

So yep, don't feed the trolls folks. Common sense doesn't make much headway.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yep he's on the switch page going off. Octane knows I'm pretty sure. I reported it too

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - I looked it up on YT, itā€™s pretty funny. The sprite work is decent, but the animation is sub par. The Capā€™nā€™s jump was floaty, rage inducing madness though. His jump was the height of the entire screen! Those screens with doctorā€™s advice featuring giant doctor heads are great. The first doctor looks a little like Joan Rivers!

@NintendoByNature - Iā€™m Zz from now on. It makes me wonder which form the Ninja Turtles are using. ā€œZzaā€ is way more radical, so that would be my guess.

@ThanosReXXX - Ha, thereā€™s no harm in being thorough. I can usually tell when youā€™re being extra cautious with a subject because youā€™ll sometimes make your case using multiple analogies or explanations to approach the subject from several angles in an attempt to reach an understanding. I took lots of journalism and writing courses in college, and I canā€™t write like that. I struggle to form a clear beginning/middle/end where I cover all my points and wrap things up nicely, and I admire the ability of folks like yourself who can do that. Most of what comes out of me tends to be more stream of conscious.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee oh they're A two Z kinda team. I'm certain of it. I've thought about Pizza all day today btw. On a diet though so I'm trying to lay off for a bit. Down 7lbs since the 1st so that's good but my taste buds don't like it.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Oh, btw.
I found something funny about these kid's socks from the Mall i have visited this evening.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Yep, looks like Octane is takin' care of business. I noticed some of that user's comments were removed.

@bimmy-lee The floaty jumps were pretty annoying a lot of the time. You also have to jump directly on top of the enemies as well as press the down button to kill them. If you're off just a little bit or mistime your jump, the game counts it as a hit. The collision detection could be iffy, and that down press after playing other platformers that didn't require it really confused Toon Tyranexx at the time.

I don't think I ever beat the game, and footage I've viewed since shows I didn't miss much. I do know I made it a little past the boat section.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic