Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,361 to 38,380 of 96,490

Eel

If you ever feel like deleting your account, don't worry about the comments, it's part of that package.

No need to delete them yourself.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature True about the cameras. They obviously don't understand context, so the person watching them, has to interpret the situation.

Forgot to mention how spectacular the happening surrounding me being fined was. I was on my way home from work, and just crossed this double walkway, coming from the right:
Untitled
I walked across it with my bike beside me (it's not allowed to be on the bike on a pedestrian walkway, probably the same everywhere), and the reason I crossed when it was still red, is because I was almost home, and I really, REALLY needed to take a seat on the porcelain pony....

And seeing as there wasn't any traffic coming from either side anyway, I figured it was okay this time.
So, I crossed, and then you walk across this bridge here:
Untitled
All of a sudden, I heard a siren, screeching brakes, and before I knew it, I was pinned/locked in between a police car, and the railing of that bridge. The idiot came up from behind me, and had simply raced across the middle of the bridge to cut me off (and remember: I was walking), Hollywood stuntman style, albeit in a B-movie fashion. And of course, you then get "the talk", and some cops over here have the strange habit of talking in royal form, so like: "it would seem that we ignored the red light on the crossing, now didn't we?"

Well, long story short, I barely managed to resist the desire to come up with a snappy comeback, confessed and just gave him the stare, took the ticket and raced on home, and made it just in time...
(for informational purposes, and for completion's sake: the ticket was somewhere around $60 - 70, so that was a pretty expensive race to the toilet that day... )

@bimmy-lee No police force, huh? Wouldn't there have to be a local sheriff or something? As for the "wait until your dad comes home", I can definitely relate to that. So, going from an ominous feeling at the police station, to sitting in your room, still having that feeling, and a knot in your stomach. Ah... the memories.

@AlohaPizzaJack So, I've FINALLY dug up your old name, thanks to someone replying to me on one of my old forum topics...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@StephanDLW Hey, sad to hear about your dip. I suppose talking to people could help, besides any other, more professional means that you've probably already accessed or can access. No need to remove comments, though. There wasn't really anything weird in them, far as I know or am concerned, and besides that, it also makes people replying to you rather silly, because now they're talking to no one, creating gaps in the conversation.

Either way, I hope you're feeling better now, and this thread right here is a pretty safe environment, so feel free to throw in whatever brain fart bothers you, and perhaps we'll be able to cheer you up. The only downside is that here, comments deleted are indeed gone forever. Like in Fire Emblem perma-death style...

So, next time you feel the urge, maybe talk first, instead of doing something rash?
The Dutch have a saying, which roughly translates to "shared pain is half the pain", simply meaning that when talking about it, you can get rid of some of the heaviness of it bearing on you.

Well, chin up, it's weekend. Go and do something nice, be with friends, and enjoy the free time.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX yea that's definitely annoying. It's really not taken into perspective. And a bathroom situation requires getting there at any and all costs sometimes, so i don't blame you. My bigger pet peeve is that not all of the lights are regulated by camera or "no turn on red". It should be all or nothing. Sometimes I turn right on red not seeing a sign posted (hidden behind a tree) and in comes the ticket in the mail. So you really never know if it's ok to turn right on red or not.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Over here, we've got them hiding with a speedometer behind bushes or some large billboard at the side of the road, and we've got the automated cameras as well. Most clearly visible along the side of the road, or hanging on a road sign above the road. But still annoying, nonetheless.

@StephanDLW You're more than welcome. And I wouldn't worry about it. Basically, you're allowed to do whatever you want with your own account, so as long as you don't do or discuss anything that might get you a warning or a ban, you'll be alright. I'm pretty sure that @Eel will be able to confirm this, in order to relieve you of your worries.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

WoomyNNYes

Hola princesa @Eel In spanish, are cookie and cracker the same word? galleta? That seems like it can get confusing having the same word for cookie & cracker.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

You just add what kind of galleta it is afterwards.

About deleting your comments, I don't like it, personally, but as long as you're not disruptive it isn't a problem.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Woomy_NNYes Princesa? Erm.... Eel is a he, not a she...

Anti-Matter

@StephanDLW
I have ever thought to suicide in year 2015 after i got fired from my working place (primary school), have to work at my Dad's house equipment store with a lot of smokers from customers, got rejected by almost every single schools I tried to apply on. At some point I want to die due to not finding one school that can accept me to work in. I have been accepted in one Primary school on July 2015 after i tried the last school that I thought it will accept me after I changed my purpose to become a school administration staff, not as a class / subject teacher. At my working place right now, I'm working as school librarian, drawing extra curricular teacher and substitute teacher if the other teacher cannot teach in the class.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - You’re welcome. I assumed you’d see that comment earlier. I always enjoy your mini reviews. I don’t follow that thread, but I check in whenever I see you, Tyranexx, or a few others have posted there.

@ThanosReXXX - It seems crazy, but there’s no local authority. There’s really no crime somehow either. Nobody ever gets robbed, no traffic lights or... traffic. There are local businesses and even a bank, but nobody has ever had a problem outside of small things that get settled on their own. Once, in the mid 90s, some people broke into an old farmer’s house, and the farmer killed two of them. One got away, but he was picked up by police in another town. It’s not a safe place for those who have bad intentions. Way too many hillbillies looking for some good fightin fun. That break in attempt was akin to thieves driving 40 minutes one way out into the cornfields to rob the farmhouse from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It was destined to go poorly.

Whew, good thing there was an officer around to nearly break both your legs in an effort to protect one from oneself’s jaywalking on an empty street. I forgot yesterday that I did end up with a juvenile police record, but it wasn’t until after the incident, and I was never formally arrested or handcuffed. I did experience the appropriate level of shame though.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

@Eel - Haha, pretty much. Just don’t go breaking any unwritten crazy hillbilly laws, and everything will be fine. Just to be clear, this is where I grew up, but not where I live now. I actually don’t care much for the place, and I only go back to see my parents and take my kids to the carnival that comes to town every summer.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature The story mode in HW does have some word soup at times, but I don't think (it's been a little while) that it's as windy once you have all the basics down. Many of the other modes have way less text if I recall.

If it was worth the effort to fight those tickets when you truly couldn't see an obscured traffic control device (like a stop sign), I'd suggest doing that. Unfortunately, the court headaches usually aren't. Failure to obey a traffic control device would be a couple of my violations had I ever been caught. Once was due to my general unfamiliarity with an area and my mind stuck on other things while driving. Another was the sign really was obscured by a tree limb. Yet another was a light (late at night) that absolutely refused to change when I was trying to hang a left. I sat there for at least a couple of minutes, no traffic at all, before finally going. No traffic cameras there thankfully. I do know such violations are harder to pull off in your neck of the woods, though. I'm highly paranoid about toll roads and avoid them when possible.

@NotTelevision I did some TPing back in the day but not really much past that; usually on some close relatives or friends as a practical joke. IMO toilet paper isn't vandalism; it doesn't deface or devalue objects in any way and is fairly easy to remove. Worse things like egging or knocking down mailboxes? Heck no.

@bimmy-lee I can relate. Sometimes I'll avoid people I know in a larger store (like Walmart) if I see them somewhere; not usually because I dislike them, but because I just don't have the time or patience to get held up in a conversation. Going at certain hours of the day is almost a given as you're guaranteed to run into someone you know from the local community or one of the smaller surrounding ones. XD

On mini reviews: Thanks! I try not to get too long-winded when listing my impressions, though that depends on the game. The Donut County review was shorter than some, but that's a parallel to its length. I'll definitely play it again down the line once some of the puzzle solutions become fuzzier in my mind. One of the solutions towards the end had me scratching my noggin for a bit, but it turned out to be simpler than I thought. I blame the late hour on that one.

Game loading speeds and the relatively clean design of the Switch home screen are a definite plus; I do sympathize with the crowd that wants home themes and folders though, but then again I've been spoiled by my 3DS systems. XD Overall I love the snappiness and general functions of the machine, though I'm just now starting to play more games in docked mode. Most of the games up to this point have been perfect for handheld play, so I've had little need of it before now.

@Anti-Matter I just had lunch an hour ago, but your image of Cap Go Meh has made me hungry again!

@ThanosReXXX Some officers would understand in such situations, but I can see the wisdom of not arguing the point, much less pausing for long, when a run to the porcelain throne is of the utmost importance.

@StephanDLW In my utmost opinion, you're quite welcome here. As mentioned before, this thread and the forums in general are pretty laid back. If you're like me and don't like conflict and a risk of concussion from facepalming, try to stay out of some of the thornier articles on the main site. I've had a few challenge my opinion here; there have been times I've been wrong (and vice-versa), but I always try to keep things civil and not get too anxious about it (something I'm still working on).

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx ok cool. I haven't tried other modes yet. I will tonight. As for violations, it's sometimes not even worth taking a day off work to argue the tickets and they know that. I know, I guess I just gotta be a little more careful. It's really a crap shoot though.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee With what you've now told me, I don't really know if I should be more afraid or more relaxed, if I ever decide to visit your neighborhood....

@Tyranexx Yeah, so true. And I've long since learned that things said in anger are often not really to one's own benefit, so even if I didn't have to go somewhere in haste, I'd probably still try to restrain myself.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic