Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,501 to 35,520 of 96,542

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer CE? Carrot Event?

But laugh all you want. My head is a massive melting pot of 4 different languages, and in it, I contain vocabularies, metaphors and sayings in all of those, with various and/or similar meanings, so sometimes, I just don't know what's what anymore, especially nearing the end of the week...

It's actually a miracle that I'm still holding on to my English language, seeing as all the rest of my family either IS Dutch or has fully reformed into Dutch, so it's only due to my interest in languages, and probably the internet and it's predominance of English, that I'm able to keep my English language skills up to date.

Oh, and my job. Sales & marketing is rife with English, even over here.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature I'll make a mental note of it. Comedy's always good to make the weekend extra enjoyable.

@NEStalgia @StableInvadeel Hey! Ganging up on the guy that doesn't know carrot cake? How politically incorrect. I'm offended...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel I'm not really a cake baker. And I live alone, so I'd either have to make REALLY small ones, or give large parts of it away, and over here, there's no such thing as friendly neighbors, so we only say hi and bye and that's about it...

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX you should. Have a rum n coke, pop in( or stream if its available) dirty work and enjoy the laughs. Artie Lange, Norm McDonald, Chris farley, and even an Adam Sandler/ Gary Coleman cameo will surely have you laughing.

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX oh, grow a pear, snowflake!

"Little one"
You can make one layer in a brownie pan and cut in squares.... That's popular here in farm stores and such... Well, was when there were some... Now it's only high rise luxury apartments, 100 acres of 500 luxury townhomes, and office complexes, or the occasional strip with Starbucks, Panera, at&t, h&r block tax prep and supercuts hair, where the farms stood just 15 years ago. .

"Hi and bye"
wow, it really WAS the Dutch the effed up NY centuries ago!

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

We got four dozen cupcakes in four flavors for my kid’s combined birthday party this year, and the box of carrot cake cupcakes was about three times heavier than the other cupcakes. Carrot cake is so dense and moist, I guess from the... carrots?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia Ugh, I know what review you're talking about and that one was real nasty. And you're absolutely right, it was horribly inaccurate too. I played that game and it wasn't misogynistic at all.

Yeah VCRs don't feel like long ago at all. But I destroyed my last one in a comical way - when I was moving a few years ago, I had it on the floor at the foot of the bed where normally I never walked, but because of the boxes I woke up, forgot it was there and got out of bed at the foot, and dropped my not inconsiderable entire body weight on it. It never stood a chance. XD

@ThanosReXXX Well knowing the stereotype you likely see online I can assure you that my apartment isn't THAT small. It's about the size of an American college dorm room that would be shared by 4 students but with some of that space allocated for a kitchen a bathroom and a shower/bath "wet room" - one where I can spray water everywhere like a madman if I so choose and it's no biggie.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, I figure your Titan brain is just a melting pot of different etymology at this point.
You should have a looksie in a bakery next time you’re out and about. You might find a small piece you can try.

So I’m finally watching Eli after hearing y’all talk about it. I’m 40 minutes in and horrified. This is a good movie.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer dude I told you (or maybe someone else mentioned it too). I know I brought it up after watching it but no one replied so i assumed it missed the Mark. But yea be ready for a crazy @$$ ending

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

How have I missed this Eli talk? Just googled, and I’ll be watching soon.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee I talked about it about a week ago. It's pretty darn good and you never really know what's going on, much like hereditary.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - We’ll watch it sometime over the next few nights. Hoping the Vikes can go ahead and open an insurmountable lead early (probably only about 10 points against WSH) so I can move on with other things and just have it on in the background.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

Hi folks! I promise I'm not dead, I've just taken a step back from the site (mainly the forums, but I've been commenting less on articles) for a little while. RL has been pretty busy and will continue to be over the next few days. I'm doing my normal weekend computer rounds (mostly bill paying, email maintenance, account balancing, and other "Why am I an adult?" processes. ) this evening. Tomorrow is another haunted house night (Def. need the stress relief this week!), then I'm out for most of Saturday barring the evening on an impromptu shopping trip with some family. I took the night off from scaring people on Sat. to better prep for my trip.

In between everything else, I still need to pack for the work conference I'm attending. I'll be leaving for the East Coast early on Sunday and should return back to my own pastures late Wednesday evening. The good news is that I'll be taking along a DS Lite and playing some Golden Sun: Dark Dawn as well as (hopefully) finally digging into LotR: The Return of the King after a series break.

All work and no play makes Tyranexx go crazy. X___________X (Brownie points if you get the double reference)

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

I did not see those last 10-15 minutes coming. But I feel justified in my dislike of a character.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I do the same thing so no hard feelings. I tune into the chat once every couple days, sometimes I got 4-5 days without jumping in. Hooe you have a safe trip!
@hobbitgamer. Yes and yesssssss. Dislike indeed.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Thanks! It should be an informative and fun trip, though I'll be cooped up in a hotel/conference center most of the time. I won't get to see much of the city I'll be heading to unfortunately. I'm hoping to get out before we leave on the last day and take in a few sights at least.

I would have loved to go a day earlier and do a couple of things, but the vast majority of the trip isn't on my own dime.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Real life can be exhausting, I totally understand! Sometimes you just get so busy you can't remotely do everything you want to do and have time to do the things you need to do too.

I'm real glad it's the weekend for me in about an hour. Tonight I'll be going grocery shopping and getting sushi for dinner. Then tomorrow I will be doing the rescheduled community day for Pokemon Go (because of the Typhoon we had 2 weeks ago) and then I'm gonna go to the bar with a co-worker and complain about work, talk about anime and video games too. All while smoking cigars - something I only do about once or twice a year.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic