Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,481 to 29,500 of 96,576

Anti-Matter

It's 5 am here, too dangerous to go outside before eat breakfast.
Eat this !
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

...How did I roll in on a conversation about bronies? XD Must be the current eye dilation playing tricks on me....

@ThanosReXXX Yep, most of what I'd went to see will be available down the road. It's just...traveling is cool, y'know? I've only been away from the Lower 48 once, and the timeframe was brief and is now pretty foggy; I was only eight at the time.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SheldonRandoms

I haven't watched FiM in a very long time, I wonder if binge watching One Piece had something to do with it...

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Eel

We saw the new Aladdin movie.

It’s mostly the same thing as the cartoon, down to the music and story, just with a bit of side stories for the genie and Jasmine. One gets a girlfriend and the other gets female empowerment with two new musical numbers.

It overall feels a bit like a Bollywood movie, very colorful and cheery, just a bit silly.

LA Spanish Jafar somehow sounds more like an angsty emo than a snotty villain. Not sure if that was specific to the dub or if that’s a thing now.

It gets bonus points for not completely removing the animal characters’ personalities, but also not making them literal cartoon animals.

I also got a souvenir cup that has the lamp as the “straw”. It looks nice, and separately the lamp and the cup are nice pieces, however, it was impossible to drink out of it. I was getting more air than soda.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature I worked at Pizza Hut for a summer years ago. I quite liked working as a "cook" there, but my supervisor was less than stellar and after saying "no" one time when I couldn't cover someone else's shift, they gave me almost no hours to the point that I quit because it was a waste of gas money... Weird to think they changed their recipes.

I'll never forget the the time, when I had just started and they had me wash the sause bowls for the chicken wings, I started with the hottest hot sauce, sparyed water in full force and the mist right back in my face was pretty close to pepper spray! Must have been quite funny to watch!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
I dropped my tears with shutted lip when i saw Aladdin wished for Genie to be Free and became a human, get his lover Dalia.
It was like very beautiful moment, i want to cry with tears of happiness. 😭

The silly parts i still ROFL were:
1.The random prince created by Genie when he said " I wanna go home, Man... " 🤣
2. Princess Jasmine used her sign language to tell to Dalia if she was a Dalia and Dalia was a Princess Jasmine. 🤣
3. When Genie asked for date with Dalia, Dalia closed the door for a moment and express her excited feeling. 🤣

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 I did the same thing once at Zaxby’s, with the Inferno sauce. I was tired coming off a morning shift at my other job, and three classes mid-day. That definitely woke me up 😂

I’m happy to say that after months of replacing 20 year old parts and a tune up, the truck runs great and gets around 17miles/gal now. Only overdue things left now are the transmission filter and valve cover gaskets.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Although I've never been a store person, as in: working in one, there certainly were days that I would have probably preferred that over having to explain to certain people for the umpteenth time that they have to stick to asking open questions, and not sounding like a news reporter reading from an auto cue...

On a side note: I knew I shouldn't have reacted to Anti's question, because of course it would completely fly over his head and make him spam this thread with all these dumb videos. Oh, well...

Guess we better go back to talking about pineapple pizza.

@Tyranexx Yeah, I can understand. Traveling is nice, and seeing wonderful places that you'd otherwise never see is a great bonus. Haven't been abroad for a long time myself either, due to personal circumstances and being too busy with starting up my own business, which to this day, is still a very rocky road. But I'm gonna keep a positive outlook. Have to, otherwise I might risk spiraling down again into a state of mind that I've been in many years ago, which really wasn't a good place to be in...

So, we get back up and onward we stumble, shuffle, crawl, whatever, into the light. No, not that light. Gonna wait a couple more years for that one...

@Morpheel "LA Spanish Jafar"?
The actor is actually Dutch, of Moroccan decent.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 typical jerk supervisor. At least you got some free food every now and then I hope. And yea changing the recipe is pretty odd. Not sure why they did.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Ah, my bad. 'pologies....
So, you watched the entire movie in Spanish, then?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel I was kinda envisioning people having the option of using head phones, to choose either the standard or dubbed version, but that'll probably never work decently enough.

Personally, I'm not really a fan of dubs. I would like Will Smith to actually sound like Will Smith, and not like some weird Spanish guy, and the same goes for other actors. To me, it also seems extremely weird to never hear the actual voices of the people in the movies and TV shows. But I guess it partially also comes down to what you're used to and/or grew up with.

On a side note: after you replied, I re-read your comment, and saw that I actually missed the part where you said "dub", so I could/should have known, before reacting to it...

Eel

Well, for me Will Smith sounds like the Mexican guy that has been dubbing him for the least 20 or so years.

They're pretty consistent with their dub actor choices, at least.

So it's fine.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@Morpheel Does the voice actor also dub Smith’s music albums? That’d be funny.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@Morpheel - What is LA Spanish? A patois with English, a regional dialect, true Spanish? I’m sorry if this is an ignorant question, I’m a little nervous even asking, but it’s earnest curiosity. I haven’t seen that phrase.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@Morpheel That's just so weird though. Particularly when an actor is specifically noteworthy for having a specific sound to their comedic delivery. I can see drama actors being dubbed, the delivery doesn't matter, it's the emotion in it that matters and can translate. But comedy actors, the way they use their voice is their comedy. And doubly so when the guy is famous as a singer....his voice is his thing. (Well...if you can call that singing...but I digress..... )

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee I assume it's Spanish as spoken in LA. Which is like the English spoken in Boston.

Wonder what the Spanish version of "wicked aaaa-sum" is?

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic