Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 2,535

Blooper987

I’m trying to teach myself how to draw anime characters, and I’m having a hard time getting the characters clothes and torso to look right in comparison with their heads. I just wondered if anyone had any tips for clothes on characters and getting everything to look the right size on a character.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Dualmask

Blooper987 wrote:

I’m trying to teach myself how to draw anime characters, and I’m having a hard time getting the characters clothes and torso to look right in comparison with their heads. I just wondered if anyone had any tips for clothes on characters and getting everything to look the right size on a character.

I'd suggest looking at fashion or apparel magazines and clothing retailer sites, particularly those featuring models with the body types you're looking for. Search up tutorials on folds and how they fall on characters. Generally you'll want to start with drawing the body roughly/loosely without clothes and then on a separate layer (or using lighter pressure or different colored lead if you're working traditionally) draw the clothing on top of the figure. Like anything else, it takes practice, and drawing from life is the best foundation.

Check me out on social media at http://instagram.com/jonathanpriceart and https://jonathanpriceart.net

Blooper987

I'm new to drawing so I'm not really that great, but I'm pretty happy how this came out!

Untitled

Edited on by Blooper987

Blooper987

And here's a drawing I did of Himiko last year.

Untitled

Snatcher

@Blooper987 I would leurn to draw the skelaton first, its waay easyer that way, for the recorde your better at drawing then I was when I started out, But I'm only lest then a year into drawing so.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MyNameIsRandy

I've been on this site for a while and never saw this thread until now. I do special fx, photography, and few other things. Looks like there's quite a good artist on here. Here's some of my work.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by MyNameIsRandy

Switch SW-3961-9294-9210

Blooper987

@MyNameIsRandy WOW. Those are sooo awesome, and really creepy!😂

MyNameIsRandy

@Blooper987 thank you. Yeah I started off doing special fx and working haunts so most of my stuff is darker themed. Then I relax playing nintendo games so they even each other out, haha.

Switch SW-3961-9294-9210

Snatcher

@MyNameIsRandy WOW there awsome are they all hand drawn bc some of theme look like plastic,

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

ThanosReXXX

@MyNameIsRandy If you want to directly post those pictures, use the "img" command line.

It looks like this, only without the extra spaces in between those brackets:
[ img ]put direct link to picture here[ / img ]

Another important thing is, that it needs to be the DIRECT link, so the link NEEDS to end in a picture format extention, such as jpg, gif, png or similar.

So, in your case, I took the first link of all the short links you posted, right-clicked on the picture and selected "view image" and then the resulting link is this:

https://i.ibb.co/rM2qHXC/116042469-10163751300525034-38161711...

Now, adding the "img" command to that, you'll get this:

[ img ]https://i.ibb.co/rM2qHXC/116042469-10163751300525034-3816171150052079808-o-1.jpg[ / img ]

Remove all the surplus spaces in between the brackets (so, the spaces before and after "img") and you'll get the end result:
Untitled

If that still doesn't make complete sense to you, you can also quote my comment and then you'll see how I formatted that last line.

Go ahead, give it a go and edit your previous comment so the pictures are displayed immediately without people having to click on links...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@MyNameIsRandy Some great pictures by the way. I'm going to tag @Zuljaras, because I'm pretty sure he'll appreciate them as well.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

MyNameIsRandy

@ThanosReXXX Awesome thanks for the instructions!

@Snatcher They are all pictures and I mix fx make up with photoshop so most of that is real then enhanced on a computer.

Switch SW-3961-9294-9210

ThanosReXXX

@MyNameIsRandy You're very welcome. Glad to be of service.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Photo bashing? I have no idea what that even means...

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX You take a photo and paint over it or use parts of a photo and incorporate them into a painting.

"Photobashing is a technique where artists merge & blend photographs or 3D assets together while painting and compositing them into one finished piece."

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Ah, I see. Well, then you better ask the one who made them, because I wouldn't be able to give you any kind of sensible answer.

@MyNameIsRandy Care to reply to the question in comment #1,002?

MyNameIsRandy

@ThanosReXXX @Zuljaras These might be considered photobashing then, I've never heard that term. The painting and fx make up was done right on the model but I do change up things digitally, in photoshop. The Alice in Wonderland themed one I layered with color and black and white layers. The backgrounds of the mouth one was added in and I shadowed the model to make it blend together better. I will touch up, enhance, or change hair and eyes color and such in photoshop also, but I still haven't really drawn much in.

A drawing tablet will probably be my next big purchase though so I can start doing that, but that will probably take a while to get used too. Before I started doing photography not even two years ago now I only did 3d physical art, unless I had to draw something out first get someone to hire me. My drawing skills aren't that good, just good enough to get the point across.

Switch SW-3961-9294-9210

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic