Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 6,381 to 6,400 of 6,561

card-crunch78

@Zuljaras The movie WAS going to be animated in 2D, but apparently the process would've taken too long, so they decided to combine it (as a "painted CGI" like the Spider-Verse movies and "Puss in Boots: The Last Wish").

That being said...I'm getting Wish on Blu-Ray next month.

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

Zuljaras

@IceDomino And it clearly shows that it was changed during production.

Spider-Verse movies and Puss in Boots: The Last Wish were so damn good! And their styles were perfectly executed. The Last Wish was one of the absolute BEST animated movies in the last decade or even more.

Still, my absolute perfection for animated movie is Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

card-crunch78

It's going to feel awkward watching "Turning Red" in an empty theater.

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

bighirofix

Some huge movie news from Disney:

Moana 2 announced for November 2024.
Zootopia 2 has been scheduled for 2025.
Frozen III is scheduled for 2026.
The Mandalorian and Grogu is coming Spring 2026.

All-Around Movie Enthusiast

Dogorilla

bighirofix wrote:

Some huge movie news from Disney:
Moana 2 announced for November 2024.
Zootopia 2 has been scheduled for 2025.
Frozen III is scheduled for 2026.
The Mandalorian and Grogu is coming Spring 2026.

Interesting that Moana 2 is coming this year when that's the one that hadn't even been announced before (though apparently it was originally going to be a Disney+ show, which I think I remember being announced). Seems like a very safe line-up all round, which isn't surprising given how many Disney films have flopped recently. Disney doesn't exactly have the best track record for sequels though, so let's hope these are good.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

bighirofix

@Dogorilla
Yeah, they've reworked the D+ show into a sequel movie. I think it's a great business move, but I'm worried it'll hurt the quality of the movie.
Three sequels in a row is a lot, but like you said, the previous couple of movies flopped. I'm going to miss original stories the coming years though. Sequels are fine, but I'll always prefer original movies.

Edited on by bighirofix

ThatZeldaNerd

Moana 2 teaser trailer just came out!!

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

card-crunch78

Im going to see Turning Red on Friday, and then next week Iโ€™ll see Ruby Gillman.

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

bighirofix

@IceDomino
Enjoy! I wasn't a big fan of Ruby Gilman but I love Turning Red.

card-crunch78

@bighirofix Before I saw Ruby Gillman last year, I already decided to make an AU of Ruby and Chelsea being a couple, even though the trailer totally spoiled that the two would battle.

...guess what went wrong after I saw the movie?

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

bighirofix

@IceDomino
Not sure what an AU is, but you went to the naughty places on the web and discovered you weren't the only one with that idea?

card-crunch78

@bighirofix โ€ฆAU means โ€œalternate universeโ€.

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

jump

Meh, the main thing I want from Disney is getting out the trailer for the new Alien movie. The guy that did the 10s Evil Dead remake made it and Ridley Scott has apparently seen and loved it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

bighirofix

@jump
I wouldn't put any value in Ridley Scott's opinion. Even if it's about an Alien film.
He's the one who thought the scripts for Prometheus and Covenant were great, remember?

card-crunch78

Are there "spoiler tags" on this site so I can better explain without, you know, giving away the ending?

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

bighirofix

@IceDomino
[ spoiler] your text [ /spoiler]
remove the spaces inside the brackets.

card-crunch78

@bighirofix Okay so as I was saying, I saw clips and was like "even if the two don't become real friends or a couple at the end, I can just write a fanfic of the two being on friendly terms, right?"

Unfortunately, it turns out Chelsea, the mermaid (who basically is an evil version of Ariel, is ageless and is actually Queen Narissa, who she claimed was her mother...meaning that Chelsea is way older than Ruby. Plans scrapped. DreamWorks? More like Dream-Breaker-Works!

Edited on by card-crunch78

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

bighirofix

@IceDomino
I already forgot that's how it ended. lol
Very forgettable movie, unfortunately.

card-crunch78

@bighirofix Even if THAT part messed up the movie for me...IDK, the rest seems pretty fine to me. Maybe it's the character designs I like more.

You know what's funny? After I saw the movie, I said "That felt like Turning Red" and an older woman agreed with me.

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic