Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 5,641 to 5,660 of 6,559

WaffleBoat

JadeKitsune wrote:

The Mario movie is overrated.

People like it because it’s a perfect MARIO movie, not a perfect movie. If you get what I mean.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber I was wanting to see the movie but after the R-rating reveal I'm gonna save my money for another movie.

I have a feeling jump and Rambler might yell at me again for not wanting to see an R-rated movie.

I watched Still - A Michael J. Fox Story and that was rated R, I'm not against the rating, just picky.

Still - A Michael J. Fox Story : 9/10

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber I said my music taste wouldn't change and here I am listening to all the indie-rock Spotify's curated playlists throw at me.

Maturity! I'm beginning to become an adult! AH!

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber I also wanted to see that... If it's only just language then it might be a "Netflix it with parents movie".

Maybe. Heavy Maybe.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber add regular anxiety and social anxiety and you have spaghetti.

Wes Anderson's new film is PG-13, not R or 14a (in Canada 14a is like a hybrid PG-13-R thing).

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber I've seen some reviews for Asteroid City and... Man, talk about an original way to tell a story.

It is, The Batman was rated 14a... It's kinda the perfect rating for it.

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber I'd recommend just watching a review lol, kinda hard to put into words without having seen it.

It gets weird fast lol.

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber I will say that (like always) the review is a mixed bag.

Wes really seems to be going all out with his characters and scope.

Anti-Matter

Elemental by Disney Pixar is due to 16 June 2023.
Untitled

Not really sure if that movie will be very interesting but I will watch that movie after watching Little Mermaid live action movie.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Professor_Plumber
I'm pretty sure the plotline of Elemental will be to make different elementals working together despite there are some elementals will harming each others.
I felt a little bit Inside Out vibes from Elemental.
I already imagined some Elemental combinations and their results.

Water + Fire = Boiling water / Scald
Water + Wind = Mist
Fire + Wind = Heatstroke
Fire + Earth = Lava

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Owl1
I will test Elemental by watching at cinema one time.
If I don't feel satisfied enough, I only watch one time.
But if I felt intrigued after watching, I might watch again for two times.

Anti-Matter

Hydra_Spectre

Professor_Plumber wrote:

@Owl1 Another example: I want to see the movie Air, which is based on the first Michael Air Jordan's, and apparently that's also rated R

It received a theatrical run in the Philippines, which a lot of Amazon Studios films tend to get.
It received a PG rating here, which is strange since many films that get a U or PG in the UK get a PG here, but our PG is much more strict in implementation and more in line with a UK 12A or a Canadian 14A with cinemas only allowing kids under 13 if they have a parent.
Meanwhile, I saw a local Filipino romcom get a G rating despite having an F-bomb. And some US PG-13 films like The Last Jedi, The Rise of Skywalker and Mulan 2020 got G ratings here.
The Batman received an R-13, which doesn't allow anyone below 13. Meanwhile, the Venom films and Morbius both got PG ratings. I also know that The Batman received a PG in the Canadian Blu-ray release, so the 14A may just be for the theatrical release. Some films get re-rated for home video. I know Everything Everywhere All at Once was rated PG in Canada for the theatrical run but re-rated 14A for the Blu-ray release. EEAAO received an R-13 in the Philippines.

Love Simon was rated R-13 for being "gay propaganda" despite being very clean and wholesome. Meanwhile, a local drag queen insult comedian makes blockbusters here that often get rated PG or even G, even with controversial crude humour. But lately, LGBTQ+ representation has been getting allowed with lower ratings, despite the general public here still being frighteningly homophobic and alt-right. Strange World recently released here with a G rating, even when it got a PG in the UK and Canada and even with the gay lead.

The R-18 rating is especially strange, since the biggest cinema chain here doesn't show them, which means films that get an R-18 have to get an alternate censored version for said cinema chain (while the uncut version gets a limited release), or be pretty much restricted to a limited release.
Fifty Shades of Grey was really weird, since it did get an R-18, but it was the same censored version cut by Toho that screened in Japan with an R15+ and was the version released in Chinese streaming. What's even weirder is that the Unseen Edition (Unrated in the US) did get a DVD/iTunes release here, and it was completely uncut and R-18.
Yes, the censored version of the first film was made by Toho, which distributed the trilogy in Japan and coproduced the sequels.

Speaking of Amazon Studios, it's weird how most of their films get theatrical runs here, but not the ones actually made in the Philippines like Ten Little Mistresses, Walang KaParis (Nothing Like Paris), and Mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan (Mama Susan's Friends).
And Amazon Studios' biggest-performing film ever, which was Evangelion:3.0+1.01 Thrice Upon a Time, never had a Philippine theatrical release, despite getting a theatrical release in some countries, even outside Japan.
I'm still waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.01 to get a theatrical release here.

Edited on by Hydra_Spectre

Emulation and preservation advocate. Tails fan.
The 3DS looks best with the 3D Slider set to Full.
Metal Gear will never die.
Healing through content creation.
Regularly watches films in 35mm at the cinema.
#SonicMovieSweep #GhibliSweep #MiyazakiSweep

jump

Owl1 wrote:

I have a feeling jump and Rambler might yell at me again for not wanting to see an R-rated movie.

That is not what happens, you start virtue signalling about watching only non rated r things so one of the adult points out what you are watching is merely sanitised but as morally stupid as anything with penises, boobies, gore and swear words in it.

Air is fine, but it feels like a bait and switch film. They spend the entire time presenting the movie as an inspiring story of the underdog trying to sign Jordan only for the last few minutes shoe horning in (rather clumsily) it's about letting talent share the riches of the use of their name in products. It would have been nice if they spent more time on that theme but I'm guessing the average American would start getting angry over such things.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

Removed - inappropriate

Rambler

blindsquirrel

@Hydra_Spectre
So they just decide the age ratings based off a dart board throw?

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic