Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 5,321 to 5,340 of 6,555

Kermit1doesmath

@Colonel_Mustache ya, while he was making his final album too. Very interesting story, if you ever want to read about his final album.

dysgraphia awareness human

Sunsy

Last movie I saw last night was Zootopia on Disney+. Brought back memories from the day I saw this one in the theaters, also was fun to revisit this movie. Forgot how good it was.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

WoomyNNYes

Rewatched Disney's Jungle Cruise. Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt are both so amusing in it.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Namco

So, I recently watched the Last of Us and after that I watched a complete playthrough of the PC port to make a comparison. (I played the game but that was a long time ago) They're both amazing, but I slightly prefer the videogame.

While I like the backstory of Bill and Frank, I don't like that the TV series removed the interactions between Bill and Ellie. those were really entertaining and helped establish character. The TV series removed a lot of gameplay sections where you fight scavengers and such, I think this is actually an improvement, It feels more realistic when Joel doesn't fight entire armies by himself. I do think they could've shown more of the sewer community that Ish created, the series was overall lacking some worldbuilding. The game had a lot of background information lying around, like notes from other survivors, that the TV series straight up skipped.

Spoilers:

The TV series didn't show enough of the infected, I think that is my biggest gripe. They almost completely dissapeared from the final episodes which makes the whole pandemic feel a bit less threatening. Bringing Ellie to the fireflies for a cure didn't feel that urgent because it felt like there were large areas without any infected. A few more reminders near the end of how devastating cordyceps are would've been good. I liked what they did with David and his followers in the series, but they could've kept the part where David and Ellie have to work together for a while and fight some of the infected. They didn't fight a single Bloater in the TV series, shame! It's also a shame how they introduce us to a new cordyceps ability only to never use it again!

The part that they REALLY should've kept in was the one after the encounter with David. There was this part where Joel and Ellie almost went their own ways but decided to stick together, after that they became more of a team. Joel finally started to allow himself to really care about Ellie. After Ellie almost got murdered by David they got even closer. The last part shows this in a clever way by having them work together more often. They show a Boston overun by infected (coming back to my previous point) where Joel almost drowns, but Ellie jumps in the water despite the fact she can't swim. After which Joel tries to resuscitate Ellie despite the warnings of being shot if he doesn't put his hands in the air. I wonder why they skipped all of this.

But the TV series does feel more realistic in some parts because Joel doesn't literally have Wolverine powers. In the TV series the first time he single handedly kills a large group of people is in the Boston hospital, which makes that moment a bit more impactful. They also gave Marlene a bit more character by showing her make the promise to Ellie's mother. In the long run however, the game gives you more time with Joel and Ellie, combine that with the fact you're playing as Joel, making his decisions feel a bit like your own, ultimately makes the ending of the game more memorable.

Anyway, I think The Last of Us is absolutely brilliant, both versions, that's part of why I'm being so critical. I definitely recommend watching or playing it, or even better: both

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

JaxonH

I played the original TLOU and very much enjoyed it. Tried the second and dropped it. Haven't really felt the desire to watch the show though, since it basically retreads the video game story which was already very realism-focused and Hollywood-like, and story driven games aren't that replayable (to me). Watching the story again seems even less appealing than replaying, where at least the gameplay also entertains. I'm sure it's great, especially for those that haven't played the game, but I kinda feel like, "been there, done that". Plus I'm not a fan of where the story went in the sequel, and I'm sure the show is going to retread that at some point also.

I wish Breaking Bad was on 4k Blu Ray. It's hard to know which movies and shows will see an UHD Blu-ray re-release. I hate investing in Blu-ray knowing a 4k version could release later.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Namco

I never played part 2, I loved the ending of the original The Last of Us and didn't feel the need for a sequel. When I heard the sequel wasn't that great I decided not to bother. I probably won't watch season 2 of the TV series either, unless I hear they did some awesome changes or something. I still recommend watching the show though, there's some stuff there you won't see in the videogame and the acting of Joel and Ellie was really stellar. I almost never replay games or rewatch movies/series but had a great time with HBO's The Last of Us.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Sunsy

Tonight watched The Loud House Movie on Netflix. I never watched The Loud House thanks to not having cable, but found out about it thanks to Lincoln Loud being in Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3. I really enjoyed this one, I laughed, I cried, I cheered, it was a good movie. Honestly, if the TV series is as good as this movie was, I've really been sleeping on this series.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

JaxonH

Just finished Joseph: King of Dreams- it's a classic animation retelling the account in Genesis of Joseph, son of Israel, who was sold into Egyptian slavery by his brothers, and how he went from slave to ruler of all Egypt, second only to Pharoah, and saved Egypt and the lands around it from 7 years of intense famine.

I've read the Bible cover to cover more times than I can count, and yet never knew about this movie. It takes a few creative liberties, but overall I'm surprised at just how faithful it is to the source material.

Next I'm gonna watch A.D. The Bible Continues, which is a 12 part mini-series, a follow-up to The Bible mini-series that debuted about 10 years ago. I loved that mini-series, but once again, never knew A.D existed. The first mini-series chronicled the old testament up through the gospel of Christ (first 4 books of new testament), and I always said they should make another mini-series that follows the new testament, from the acts of the apostles to Paul's conversion and journey (from being shipwrecked on the open sea 3 times, nearly stoned to death, escaping death at every turn, being imprisoned and appealing to Ceasar where he was sent to Rome, and yet again shipwrecked on the way, etc.) up through Revelation. Apparently they did exactly that- I hope it's as well done as the original series was.

Got so many movies in yesterday and today, it took hours unwrapping them all and entering the codes in for the digital versions. With more on the way tomorrow and next week. It feels good seeing the movie shelf take shape. I removed all the slipcovers for the sake of uniformity. Some movies had them, some didnt, and it just looked really uneven.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

XandertheWise

went to the downtown movie theater hours ago earlier today and saw the Pope's Exorcist movie. I thought it was pretty good. It was either that or the stupid Renfield movie or the Super Mario cartoon movie

XandertheWise

JaxonH

PS5 media remote sucks.

There's no skip buttons. Only Rewind and Fast-Forward. Also no button for pop up menu.

I find this unbelievable. How do you release a media remote that can't do basic functionality? I hate using the Dualsense because I already have 3 other remotes next to me for Air Conditioner, TV and Soundbar, and a controller takes up a lot of space. Plus it pops up the little notification after 10 min saying it's disconnected, and this happens every time after you use it for anything. It's annoying.

I figured the media remote was an easy solution, but now I can't skip. You can hit Options, then select the on-screen Pop-up menu or the on-screen controls which let you skip, but it's a clumsy way of doing so.

Rambler

@Owl1 But as you know ;-p George Martin was their producer, and Billy Preston was a session musician, albeit the only one to really play with the Beatles. He also had a long stint with the Stones, I think.
But Pete Best was the drummer before Ringo, and Stu Sutcliffe was the bassist before Paul (three guitarists!). I'm not sure about (and can't be bothered to look up!) the members of the Silver Beetles and the Quarrymen, and there might well have been other drummers for the Beatles before Best, but that's as far as I know.

Rambler

Kermit1doesmath

@Rambler true, true, and let us not forget the song The Beatles wrote for the Rolling Stones.

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic