Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 5,301 to 5,320 of 6,552

JaxonH

Already watched 3 movies since the debut binge.

The Matrix Resurrections
Good movie! Nothing will live up to the first, but I think this one is just as good as the 2nd and 3rd entries.

The Lion King (original)
A classic. I remember seeing it in theaters decades ago. Still good as ever.

Despicable Me
Another winner. I like it. After Mario, got all the Illumination movies out of curiosity, despite hearing they can be divisive. Some love them, others not so much. You can count me among the former, though. At least for the Despicable Me movies. We'll see about the rest later.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jump

When did it become normal to say "well the first 3 or so movies are rubbish but once you get to the fourth or fifth ones it starting getting alright"?

It's weird it’s accepted you have to go through multiple meh flicks when there is talk of the likes of The Fast & The Furious, Marvel, Mission Impossible etc now as it's not a slow burning show waiting for a pay off versus instant gratification type thing as you’re watching standalone films before you start enjoying them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Bunkerneath

@jump It's not just movies that do this, TV shows are the same.
I watched the first three episodes of Peaky Blinders and thought, meh, but people are just like "But the third series is great". Sorry but I am not going through two series of shows for it to get good.

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Hydra_Spectre

This video sounds like a great video about how bad first impressions/introductions can harm a good show or film series:

Emulation and preservation advocate. Tails fan.
The 3DS looks best with the 3D Slider set to Full.
Metal Gear will never die.
Healing through content creation.
Regularly watches films in 35mm at the cinema.
#SonicMovieSweep #GhibliSweep #MiyazakiSweep

jump

@Bunkerneath TV shows I get tough as they are slower intentionally and there's a few shows which are greater than the sums of their parts so the payoff is amazeballs later but I don't get people watching 3 action movies which are meant to be instant gratification entertainment which they aren’t impressed with only to keep watching another 3 movies. It's just weird.

Yeah I didn't feel Peaky Blinders either, it's alright but doesn't engage with me. It’s funny when I talk to to Americans as they expect me to know about three shows The Crown, Peaky Blinders or The Great British Bake Off but I’ve got zero interest in them so I ask them about the most rancid American shows I can think of in Toddlers & Tiaras, The Kardashians and Ricki Lake then act surprised they haven’t seen those.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Hydra_Spectre

Filipino TV shows, however, air daily on weekdays, and sometimes even on Saturday. While some weekly shows air only on weekends.
And they are also some of the most poorly made and edited shows out there.
They use Windows XP Movie Maker to edit their shows and Commodore Amiga computers to edit. In 2023. And add in the wackiest visual effects possible that it feels like a 2008 YouTube Poop except played completely straight.
And the CGI effects they use have a ton of lag, even when it technically looks on-par with DOOM 1993. They also sometimes use MS Paint to draw backgrounds for chroma key effects and also visual effects.
Some of these shows are also so rushed they did not film something and they have to insert storyboards to fill in the gaps (think Episodes 25 and 26 of Neon Genesis Evangelion where they ran out of budget), and said storyboards are animated with MS Paint. Plus their computers have trouble rendering the MS Paint storyboards that there are clearly tons of lag.

They also use Comic Sans and the stankiest MIDI farts out there. And the sound recording of the voices are often broken, often sounding deep-fried and physically painful to listen to.

Their shows are also filled with more visual and audio glitches than Cyberpunk 2077 and Sonic '06 combined. They feel unfinished.

And that's not even going into their love of copyright infringement, bootlegging and piracy.
Many of these shows and films are blatant mockbusters. And they are actually proud of stealing anything and everything they see.

Edited on by Hydra_Spectre

Emulation and preservation advocate. Tails fan.
The 3DS looks best with the 3D Slider set to Full.
Metal Gear will never die.
Healing through content creation.
Regularly watches films in 35mm at the cinema.
#SonicMovieSweep #GhibliSweep #MiyazakiSweep

JaxonH

I liked Peaky Blinders. I don't think it's the best show I've ever seen, but I did enjoy it. Tom Hardy as the gangster orthodox jew has to be one of my all time favorite characters ever conceived.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jump

I can blame/thank Rambler because of their talk of best French film has put the movie back in my head but I've rewatched Amelie and it's even more charming than I remembered.

It's just a joyously innocent and curious film, it's filled with find the beauty in the mundane moments and Audrey Tautou is so good. The use of colours is simply amazing, everything is graded to give a fantasy feel and the objects/clothes are picked to highlight the moods and personalities of what's happening. It's not without it's flaws, it's such a romanticised version of Paris that it does make me snigger (there's a real thing called Paris Syndrome where people who visit get depressed as it's not all that it's cracked up to be) and you can argue it's a series of sketches rather than a journey she takes but that's nit picking really. I'm also in two minds about the end game being romance, on one hand they are a good pairing but the other couldn't she have gotten over her loneliness by befriending the people she helped?

The next time I go to Paris I will do the touristy thing of going to the café she worked at, the only other time I did something like that was going to the house from Spaced.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Kermit1doesmath

@Colonel_Mustache I got my mind set on you, I got my mind set on you, I got my mind set on you, I got my mind set on you... AAHHH!!!

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic