Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 161 to 180 of 6,561

Kid_A

Saw Invention of Lying. The first hour is brilliantly written and hillarious, the second half sneak-attacks you with atheist propaganda... and boredom. Not really worth seeing, although it might be worth a rent.

Looking forward to seeing Whip It (I've got a bit of a crush on Ellen Page) and Where the Wild Things Are (which looks awesome in ways that's difficult to describe in writing)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

StarBoy91

This Sunday me and my parents watched the Toy Story Double Feature. It was great, with both movies as great as ever!!! PIXAR at their best!
I can't wait for Toy Story 3!!!!!!!! ^ . ^

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Kid_A

StarBoy91 wrote:

This Sunday me and my parents watched the Toy Story Double Feature. It was great, with both movies as great as ever!!! PIXAR at their best!
I can't wait for Toy Story 3!!!!!!!! ^ . ^

Agreed! Was it worth seeing it in 3-D?

theblackdragon

Kid_A wrote:

Saw Invention of Lying. The first hour is brilliantly written and hillarious, the second half sneak-attacks you with atheist propaganda... and boredom. Not really worth seeing, although it might be worth a rent.

oh, that's sad to hear, because i really like that dude in it.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

StarBoy91

Yes, it was, Kid_A. And for the first time, I saw details I never knew were there when I was little. Like, did you that arcade games like Scramble and Pong appeared at Pizza Planet in the first movie? I was taken aback when I saw it then. And I never knew that the inside of the plant in same first movie had a tag that said Forest Fantasy.

To each their own

Kid_A

theblackdragon wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

oh, that's sad to hear, because i really like that dude in it.

Yeah, I'm a [huge] Ricky Gervais fan, so I knew he was an atheist; I just had no idea that The Invention of Lying was going to end up being a vehicle to promote his atheist views, because it was marketed as a fun romantic comedy. Oh well. I guess I still have my Office and Extras DVDs to watch.

Kid_A

StarBoy91 wrote:

Yes, it was, Kid_A. And for the first time, I saw details I never knew were there when I was little. Like, did you that arcade games like Scramble and Pong appeared at Pizza Planet in the first movie? I was taken aback when I saw it then. And I never knew that the inside of the plant in same first movie had a tag that said Forest Fantasy.

That's awesome. SO seeing that tomorrow!

Magi

Zombieland was over-hyped. I give it a 6/10. Barely funny.

Magi

Philip_J_Reed

Magi wrote:

Zombieland was over-hyped. I give it a 6/10. Barely funny.

You're the only one on the planet who agrees with me. So, thank you. It's nice not to feel so alone.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

ZombieLand is the most utterly fantastic movie ever to grace the silver screen.

StarBoy91

Oh no! v_v' First TheRealKidA, now this? I wonder if this was at all intended on purpose?
But, who am I to complain when I'll not worry about it?
I'm sure the joke's intent is good.

To each their own

Knux

TheRealChickenBrutus wrote:

ZombieLand is the most utterly fantastic movie ever to grace the silver screen.

Watch it fake Chicken Brutus, you could get in trouble for pretending to be Chicken Brutus.

Knux

StarBoy91

^Same could be said to TheRealKidA, who might get in trouble with KidA. Though that's just me.

To each their own

StarBoy91

I saw Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs today. It was rather eggcelent a movie, and very funny too. The visuals were painsteakingly beautiful. Hope I didn't make anyone hungry with those food puns.

To each their own

cheetahman91

StarBoy91 wrote:

I saw Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs today. It was rather eggcelent a movie, and very funny too. The visuals were painsteakingly beautiful. Hope I didn't make anyone hungry with those food puns.

Naw didn't bother me.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Slapshot

Zombieland.... I thought it was funny as hell...... Double Tap!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Yesterday, I went Toy Story/Toy Story 2 Double Feature. WAS AWESOME!!

Toy Story 3 also looks good.

"Batman does not eat nachos!"

StarBoy91

@Zak - I concur! Rewatching Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D was a very rewarding experience. Also, I can't wait to watch TS3 next year. The premise of the plot seems intriguing.

To each their own

Xkhaoz

Man, I doubt I'll get to see the Toy Story Double Feature. Sigh, well, I guess I can just watch them on video,in 2D, on my tiny TV.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic