Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 3,146

Zuljaras

I've just finished DooM (2016) on the Switch. I was playing ONLY from the cartridge. No patches/updates or anything like that.

I had only one crash I think and the game is playable and fun just like when I played it on the PS4.

Too bad we do not have DooM Eternal physically on the Switch

It is the ONLY DooM game that is available only digitally

Kermit1doesmath

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
I enjoyed my time and can't wait for the sequel (to be on sale lol)

dysgraphia awareness human

Anti-Matter

Epic Chef PS4
Finished in 3 weeks.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

Just finished the main story of Arkham Knight! It was a fantastic game!!! It had some frustrating parts but most of them were connected to the Boatmobile

BruceCM

Yeah, they were a bit too attached to that, @Zuljaras .... What next, then?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zuljaras

@BruceCM Maybe Grim Fandango or The Walking Dead. I have not decided yet. The Arkham Games have the ability to grip me and do not let me play anything else until I beat the story

BruceCM

Heh, let us know when you decide, then, @Zuljaras ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

RR529

Mario Golf: Super Rush (Switch)
Untitled

Gameplay:

• Standard Golf - The first of the main modes is this traditional take on the game. Play on any of the games 11 courses (up from the 6 the game launched with) with up to 4 players (human or CPU) with various other optional adjustments (intensity of wind speed, use of special shots, number of holes played, etc.). Easily the best part of the game IMO, as there's something chill about a generally normal round of golf with just enough arcade zaniness added in.
    Untitled
  • Speed Golf - The highly advertised new mode for the game. Same course selection & adjustable rules as the former mode, however in this variant everyone tees off at the same time & you have to run to your ball after each shot, adding just a smidge of that trademark Mario platforming to the proceedings, with total shot count & time spent both contributing to your final score. Really didn't play it much (beyond what you have to in the story mode) as I think the idea kind of runs counter to the vibe of golf.
  • Battle Golf - Another new mode (and one I haven't tried) which is essentially Speed Golf on steroids. Playable on two different arena themed courses (which aren't playable elsewhere), it seems to have the same general rules as Speed Golf, however you can go after any hole on the course at any time, with a hole being removed from play once someone completes it, so the name of the game is to complete more holes than your competitors.
  • Target Golf - A game play mode where you have to aim for the highest score by aiming for one of three different targets (you change teeing position after each round, and there are sometimes things to mix things up, like special balls or a 4th bonus target). It has Regular, Forest, & Volcano layouts (each being more difficult than the last). It seems to have been added in an update sometime after launch.
    Untitled
  • Golf Adventure - Probably the most substantial mode in the game, where you take your Mii on a journey from Rookie to Pro. Your adventure takes you through the six courses included at launch (each one has a cozy little hub world), where you can level up your Mii RPG style by completing rounds of golf (usually some variant of the "Speed" variety. Even the "Cross Country" golf that appears in one area never to be seen again which reviewers were confused by is clearly just training for "Battle Golf"), or by taking on optional target challenges in each area's training grounds (which could be quite brutal, IMO). There are even a few boss battles on display, which I actually quite enjoyed when they popped up. Kinda mixed on this one though, as I wasn't a huge fan of Speed Golf, which is what is mostly featured (I thought I was going to get a break in Wildweather Woods when one of the Toads said they don't play Speed Golf there due to it being so wet, but after the 3 hole practice round it was all Speed Golf anyway...).
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
  • Otherwise there are a handful of Medals (achievements) to unlock (one for completing Golf Adventure, one for obtaining Birdie on every hole at least once, etc.), "Star" & "Super Star" club sets to unlock for each character by playing as them repeatedly (obtaining these is another Medal achievement), and of course most everything (aside from the story mode for obvious reasons) can be played online if you have NSO.

Audio/Visual:

• It's definitely a bit more of a B-grade game in this department (this ain't no Odyssey or MK8D), but still, it's clean cartoon styled graphics look generally nice. There is some texture pop in, but this is really only noticeable during wide panning overhead shots & I didn't really find it all that distracting.
  • As I mentioned before there are 11 courses, two of which have "Amateur" & "Pro" variants, so arguably a total of 13 (plus the 2 Battle Golf arena courses, I guess), and these range from the relatively mundane (Beginner Course, Bonny Greens, Ridgerock Lake) to the Mario-rific (Bowser Highlands, New Donk City, All-Star Summit). My favorite has to be New Donk City as it's clear they just lifted it wholesale from Odyssey and puked a few greens all over the place (it clearly wasn't designed for golf, but that makes it all the more fun as it gets pretty creative with how you have to get the ball to it's destination, especially on it's "Pro" variant).
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
    Untitled
  • Also, there are over 20 playable characters & while the generic baddies (Boo, Koopa Troopa, Chargin' Chuck, Ninji, etc.) don't get much of a glow up the series mains are dudded out in their finest golf attire, including Pauline (from the original Donkey Kong arcade game) after her reintroduction in Odyssey, which is pretty cute.
    Untitled
    Untitled

Conclusion:

• Again, it's a bit more of a B-grade offering, but I'm actually quite glad to have given it a shot. I wasn't a huge fan of Speed Golf, but the classic variant is still here & accounted for, and I enjoy that quite a bit.
    Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

markmarkmark

GTA 5! I'm proud of this one so sending claps to myself haha

Game on. 🤘 Rock on. 🎸

PrinsPaddestoel

I beat Xenoblade Chronicles DE yesterday. I played in casual mode and ended up overleveled for the last part of the game, which lessened the impact. But it's a great game.

PrinsPaddestoel

BinaryMessiah

Just finished Quake 4 for the second time tonight. The first time was back in 2007 on the Xbox 360 and it wasn't that great. I played with 4K texture mod that made the game look a lot better, but it's mostly forgettable. Even when it was released it was aged, but it has a better campaign than Doom 3. Faster paced and feels like Quake at least.

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

Helios26

The Witcher 3 Heart of Stone

FAVOURITE GAME: Super Mario Odyssey
FAVOURITE OST: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

RR529

Finished off the "Hanzo Academy" story in Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal the other day. It was fine, though I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with the "Hebijo Academy" story.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Helios26

@BruceCM
You know Thor in the movie Avengers Endgame? xD

RenYuMakoto

Finally beat BOTW. One of the best. I buy this game (physical) in 2020, but i don't have much time and so many great game i want to play. Now i can spend more time for Persona 5 Royal :3

Edited on by RenYuMakoto

Đ.v.C

BruceCM

Not seen that one, particularly, @Helios26 .... I imagine you'll want to do Blood & Wine at some point, though, it's arguably the best content in the whole thing

SW-4357-9287-0699

Helios26

@BruceCM
Oh, I'm on a complete Witcher 3 run! First the main game, then Heart of Stone, now Blood and Wine. Toussaint is so beautiful...

JoeM103

I beat Yooka-Laylee for the switch a couple weeks ago. I bought it when it first got released for the system but it had such bad lag, the controls felt janky. I figured it had been made for PC and the other consoles and the port wasn't too great so it got left in the purgatory that is the backlog. When the switch update came out for folders, I made one for the games I had wanted to play again so that spurred me on to fire it up.
I actually really enjoyed it, now that it seems they have fixed the problems with the port. The nostalgia for N64 era collectathons was great and because I wasn't going for 100% anyway I only did the missions I enjoyed/needed. If anyone else had the same experience as I did that put them off playing the game I'd recommend giving it another go to see what you think now.

JoeM103

Switch Friend Code: SW-3487-3999-7859 | My Nintendo: Meadie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic