Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 3,148

BruceCM

Not played Odyssey yet, then, @Zuljaras ....? You'll presumably go onto that soon?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

dmcc0

@Zuljaras How long did it take to beat? I've got it in the backlog with another couple of AC games that I've somehow decided to play out-of-order.

I'm currently (still) playing Odyssey and it's really long (currently 90+ hours with approx. 75% complete on the main story according to the Xbox Stats page), although that's mostly down to the fact that I can't resist a nearby "?" or side-quest marker on the ridiculously huge map 😂 Sometimes go days without progressing the story at all.

dmcc0

Zuljaras

@dmcc0 Around 23 hours and I ended at up level 34.

I was focused on the main quest and did side quests in order to level up because there is level gating in the game.

The last quest required lvl 35 but it is doable at level 33 and 34.

Edited on by Zuljaras

BruceCM

Heh, they're both big games, @Zuljaras .... You do intend to carry on with both those, then? I've put 300 hours into Odyssey, @dmcc0 & 200 into Valhalla!

SW-4357-9287-0699

OldManHermit

Beat the original Ninja Gaiden for the first time. Definitely had to spam save states towards the end though hah.

OldManHermit

Zuljaras

@BruceCM Yes. I am just about to put the disc of Odyssey into the PS4 I played Odyssey on the Xbox One at first but now I will start it on the PS4.

I loved how Aya got the idea of the Assassins logo. It was a very cool touch

Kind of wish that Origins was before Odyssey chronologically but nothing can be done about that

dmcc0

@Zuljaras I could be wrong but, I'm pretty sure Odyssey scales with whatever level you happen to be. I'm at Lvl47 at the moment but I'm sure there were a couple of lower tier mercenaries I discovered at about level 20 that I never actually fought/defeated that I'm sure are at mid-40 level now and discovering lower level ones now they are all within a couple of levels of me. Even going back to previously visited sections of the map never seems to have any lower level enemies either.

@BruceCM Did you clear the map at 300 hours, or still some stuff to do? I did start by taking all the noticeboard contracts and all side quests etc, but quickly realised that I wasn't progressing at all so now I tend to just do stuff that's on the way to where I'm going - although I actually walked past a military camp for the first time yesterday 😛

dmcc0

Zuljaras

@dmcc0 Yes in Odyssey you can choose to have a dynamic leveling system and the enemies in any area will scale to your level. Or you could choose to gave a gating system like in Origins

It is a very flexible game

Unfortunately I do not think that the story or the main characters could top that of Bayek

BruceCM

Well, you can never do absolutely everything in those games, @dmcc0 ..... 200+ hours to do all the story related stuff, dlc & plenty of extra bits & pieces! For each, then I did do NG+ for Odyssey to try the other character & I'll eventually get Ragnarok to go back to Valhalla, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

dmcc0

@Zuljaras I must've missed that option when I started, but I guess with the amount of extra stuff I've done up until now I'd probably be massively overpowered if I hadn't gone with the dynamic levelling.

@BruceCM That sounds like a challenge! I did actually Platinum AC2 on PS3, collecting all the feathers was tough going in the end though. I got a totally burnt out with AC after the Ezio trilogy as I played them all pretty much one after the other - this is the first one I've played since then. I've got Black Flag, Unity and Origins in the backlog and I'll pick up Valhalla at some point too

dmcc0

BruceCM

Yeah, I didn't play either continuously for the full play-time, @dmcc0 .... Although Ragnarok looks pretty good, I don't think it looks worth the current price, so I'm waiting for a discount to half or less to get that

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

Kirby's Dream Land (3DS VC) - This definitely felt pretty vanilla compared to...pretty much every Kirby game that's come after (Not like I've played many; working on it), but it's still an enjoyable game. Decent music, fun platforming, and some neat sprite work for the platform it originated on. The main problems are that it's very short - I beat it in about an hour - and some of the enemy placement feels a bit cheap in later levels.

Kirby's Dream Land 2 (3DS VC) - Hands down, this is better than its Game Boy predecessor in every way. It retains the charming music, platforming, and sprites. It adds in the copy abilities first introduced in Kirby's Adventure, and it adds an extra twist with animal companions Rick the Hamster, Coo the Owl, and Kine the Sunfish. Each animal companion paired with Kirby and a power-up allows for some fun effects and encourages experimentation. There are more worlds and a lot of replayability when it comes to collectibles (You WILL need those Rainbow Drops). I was kept busy with the game for 4-5 hours.

Both are definitely worthy games and an interesting way to experience more classic Kirby games. Though if anyone has to pick between an "early" series entry, I'd recommend Kirby's Adventure or Kirby: Superstar over these.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

You playing the latest one yet, then, @Tyranexx ....? That got good reviews & people around here seemed to like it a lot, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Sam_ATLUS

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. This is a game I first tried playing on Wii in 2014 and have since jumped from that to the New 3DS version to Switch and after 8 years of trying to get into the series I finally got into it, beat the game and love it. Next up is Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Sam_ATLUS

BruceCM

& probably 3, when that's out, then, @Sam_ATLUS .... Do let us know how you get on with 2!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Sam_ATLUS

@BruceCM Xenoblade 2 and then Torna, with Xenoblade 3 following in September. The announcement of 3 really pushed me to say that I should try finish these games. I'm nearly 10 hours into Xenoblade 2 so far and haven't gotten too far, just about to rescue Nia and had a couple laughs from the wanted posters to Tora and Poppi. The music is excellent as well and Malos is incredibly entertaining. I think I'm going to love this game.

Sam_ATLUS

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Not yet; since some consider Kirby and the Forgotten Land to be the best in the series, I'm trying to gradually work my way through some of the "better" previous main series games first lol. I do plan on getting it though!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic