Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 3,146

BruceCM

In some ways, it's surprising Ys I & II Chronicles haven't been ported to Switch ... Those are even on Android & iOS! While the rest would fit very well on there, too, so I've been expecting to hear about them starting ports, especially when they did Origin Perhaps the others will be announced soon, @Tyranexx ?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

@BruceCM We can hope! We know the Switch can handle the most recent entries - Ys IX visual hit aside - so hopefully all three games currently available on the platform have done well enough to warrant more ports.

I've looked into buying Ys I and II Chronicles on Android, but from what I understand the best version out there is on PC. I was half-tempted to track down the DS release, but I've read that one...isn't the best. It's also absurdly priced by this point.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MsJubilee

I recently finished Dishonored two past Sunday morning. Stellar game, game-play wise it's the best in the series. You can do so many things in this if you put your mind to it, lethal or nonlethal. But, it's missing some key ingredients that made the original great. Interesting side characters, memorable levels, a game world that you see be affected by your actions. Also, the outsider's voice is horrible in this. In the original, it was calm and sensual. In the sequel, he sounds like a try-hard douche.

Arkane dropped the ball. If they ever make another one, I hope they remember what made the original such a classic—finishing Dishonored two makes me want to play Prey(2017) again.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

BruceCM

Do let me know when you play any of those, anyway, @Tyranexx .... I expect you'll like them, despite the 1st ones being so basic in comparison to later games!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Aozz101x

Recently beat, Destroy all Humans Remake, had a really blast of doing missions, the final boss was pretty challenging, but i mange to defeat the boss today!

Super interested in picking up the Remake for the Second Game. Probably won't get that one Day 1 though.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Will do! I'm aware that the first two games are difficult by modern standards, so I'll probably use a guide for the occasional hint.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Yeah, I don't remember them well enough to be much use, @Tyranexx .... Once you get to Memories of Celceta, I can probably help if needed, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Maximumbeans

I dug out Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow recently, a game I haven't played since I was like 15/16 (14/13 years ago) and actually finished it for the first time. Now I'm just finishing it off again in Julius Mode after getting the three different endings for Soma.

I've really come around to the playstyle. Didn't get it at first and was getting right up to the border of quitting, then something just clicked.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Maxz

Just finished Katamari Damacy : Encore/Reroll/The Switch Port.

Really enjoyed by time with it overall. Very simple concept, but done with such dedication and verve. I feel it would be a difficult pitch in 〜today’s gaming landscape〜 so I’m glad the remaster gave me a chance to play it.

It kind of made me want to try out Chibi-Robo. Mechanically very different games, but being a small cute thing in a big quirky house is definitely a vibe.

Still lots to go back and do in the game, but I’m glad I could at least finish the base game. Jolly good fun.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

sunny63

on my way to finishing botw on my first ever playthrough, I beat all the shrines and i want to do it in the wild armor, but I need honey, acorns to upgrade it, you know any locations that have lots of these? dragon parts are fairly difficult too but I already have austin john plays guide for that

sunny63

Ryu_Niiyama

Beat the last dungeon in Katanakami. Since that nets you max money I will count this as beaten. I’ll still do a run or two but now that I am out of story (granted I don’t know dojima’s big secret ) I’m less inclined to keep playing.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

kkslider5552000

I beat Cyber Shadow. In terms of retro 8 bit retro indie games, it is not Shovel Knight, but it is still very good.

Funny thing is, I tried to beat the final boss and failed for maybe like an hour. That's a lot of deaths for the record. Then I took a break from it for a while, and beat it my 2nd serious try. (in that my first few tries was getting used to playing it again, since if I couldn't beat the first part of it without getting hit, I intentionally died and started over)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

@kkslider5552000 that final boss was a real pain from what i remember. I spent a couple days myself trying to beat it. I played it back at launch and I recall having to restart the fight if I took any damage during the first or second phase. It was a decent game, but nowhere near the game shovel knight is as you stated.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JasmineDragon

I just cleared Steredenn: Binary Stars for the first time. Probably doesn't count as you can actually run through the game three times with increasingly leveled-up bosses, but for me it'll do. It's the first time I've ever even seen the Mothership!

For the fans out there, I was playing with the Fortress, using Ninjabot and Gunbot with all the relevant upgrades. In my opinion these two bots together are the best combination you can have in the game.

High score was 85 million and change, which is approximately 80 million more than my previous high score!!!

Been playing this game for about two years now, with 60 hours logged on this Switch and about 150 on my old OG Switch.

It may not mean much to anyone else out there, but I feel like I just won gold in (insert hardcore Olympic sport).

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

RR529

Just cleared the main story in Tales of Arise (Steam)!

The final boss wasn't that tough since I over levelled a bit clearing out optional bosses first, but man was it a fantastic game. I don't think it'll win you over if you're not already into JRPGs, but if you are this is an absolutely great time & a big step up for the series.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MsJubilee

Finished The Order 1886. It was a boring cutscene-filled slow-walking mess. I will forget about this game after a day or two. That's how memorable and tiring this game was. Sony sold this for $60; wow.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

kkslider5552000

MsJubilee wrote:

Finished The Order 1886. It was a boring cutscene-filled slow-walking mess. I will forget about this game after a day or two. That's how memorable and tiring this game was. Sony sold this for $60; wow.

That seemed like one of those games where they'd put out a good (or at least notably better) sequel that felt like an actual complete game. That never happened.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Varkster

@MsJubilee @kkslider5552000 Oh man, I watched LHudson's critique of the game (nearly 2 hours long) and he is brutal to it, honestly don't know what the developers were thinking putting the game out. The review is interesting, but it's longer than the actual game so watch at your own expense.

Varkster

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic