Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 3,146

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature The last boss sucks no matter what level you're at. He's an HP sponge, and the hardest thing about it is that it's so easy to keep tripping over his stupid faces.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah exactly. It was by far the worst/hardest boss ive ever faced...
.ever..... cuphead was tough..zelda 2's final boss was tough. But this was the worst experience of my gaming life and I've been gaming nearly 30 years. I wasn't even having fun toward the end because of the boss. Everything else was class A for me until that point. It was no like no matter how many times you hit the b@$t@rd he doesn't die. And you're constantly bumping into the heads. The inverting helped a ton though. I screamed HElL YES upon beating him. Thankfully I was alone in my car, in a parking lot lol

Edited on by Matthew010

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

NintendoByNature wrote:

I screamed HElL YES upon beating him.

I think I'll shout "Heil Yes!" the next time I beat up Hitler in a Wolfenstein game.

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah hahah you got me. And I'm not going back to edit my post. I typed that out of shear excitement from finally beating the game that my fingers were slap happy. This day will forever be one of happiness and typos ๐Ÿ˜‰

NintendoByNature

RR529

Batman: Return to Arkham Asylum (PS4) - A remaster of the PS360 title for modern platforms.

Pros:

• The core beat 'em up combat is pretty fun, and it feels good to get a lengthy combo going. Although I never got too good at it, the stealth mechanics were well concieved too.
  • There was a pretty good variety of gameplay on offer, with most combat scenerios often going back & forth between straight beat 'em up action (areas where enemies didn't have guns) or stealth (all enemies would have guns and you'd have to take them out without drawing attention to yourself), and then it would further break up the action with some God of War (2018) style platforming or light puzzle solving (which sometimes would be mixed with the platforming).
  • It had classic "Metroidvania" style world design & progression, with absolutely brilliant atmosphere (the creepy Medical Facility in particular creeped me the heck out).
  • I liked how it handled the collectables. Instead of items that would directly increase your health or attack as you would find in Metroid, they all gave you EXP instead, which largely allowed you to upgrade at your own discretion. The collectables themselves would often have other purposes beyond just granting you EXP as well, like Interview Tapes & Arkham Chronicles providing in game world building/lore, Solving Riddles would often grant you character bios of various Batman characters (most not even in the game), and others would grant you character trophies.
  • While it's roots as a last gen game came through in places, I generally found it to be a nice looking game even by modern standards.
  • The banter of the Joker & Riddler throughout the game was a highlight.

Cons:

• Not a big fan of the boss fights in the game, which is a shame considering they could have done some cool things with a slate of supervillains. One early game boss had his whole combat shtick aped by special late game enemies (I hate it when a boss, usually an early game one, essentially becomes a regular enemy in late game), a couple were pretty cool, but don't actually involve fighting them, a couple (including the final boss) devolve into little more than fighting waves of regular enemies in a hazardous environment, and then you have exactly one that is a traditional, unique fight.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good time though, and though I'll be taking a break from the Bat, I'm looking forward to continuing the series (I also got the remaster of Arkham City in the same bundle).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

Crash Bandicoot 1 on switch. That was my first play through of the series and game. While I think the game was fun overall, I cant help but say there were some levels with very poor design and controls. Quite a few were down right frustrating. The ones that spring to mind are the " up in the clouds" ones where you have to land on very thin boards while avoiding hogs and turtles. Or in some cases, turtles are required to be used as a trampoline and many times, I accidentally killed them meaning you cannot cross the gap without them. Only solution? Jump off the ledge and start over.

The controls were a little clunky even given the era they came from. This made it especially hard landing on ledges. Not to mention, most of the non side scrolling levels were so hard to master because the depth of which you had to jump to, was hard to visualize. On screen, it was so hard to tell if I should do a full jump or half, causing way too many deaths than I care to share.

Now i will say, there were still some really fun levels to be had and the thing that saved it all, was the boss fights for me. I thought they were really well done and took some good trial and error.

By no means will this ever be the quality that a Mario game is, or even a yoshi game, but I got this trilogy on prime day for $20. Needless to say, I'm happy with the purchase. I can only imagine the next 2 games will build upon the 1st, and hopefully some of those frustratingly difficult levels are more balanced.
7/10

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature The first game is universally considered to be the worst of the original trilogy. IMO, CB2 is the best, as Warped (the third game) was overrun with irritating level gimmicks that ruined the game for me.

I'll never understand the nostalgic fondness people seem to have for these games. The levels are like literal hallways! I guess, in that respect, nothing has changed for Naughty Dog.

I'm looking forward to the Spyro collection, though. They're really excellent early 3D platformers.

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah well I'm glad i have no where to go but up ๐Ÿ˜†. But In all seriousness I agree. It's like hallways with all sorts of craziness going on but you can't tell how far you need to jump. Then they throw an "unlit" level at you where you can't even see where you jumping( depth perception aside). When i got a PlayStation growing up , I was kind of over platformers unless it was Mario, So i skipped this. I'm sure if I grew up playing it I would enjoy it more. Like i said it's not bad, but there was some poor choices in the design. Graphics, characters worlds were all top notch though. Playing doom 3 now and mm2. When im done with doom 3 I'll give 2 a shot

NintendoByNature

Lilseb93

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

SoFlo Gamer
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Switch Friend Code: SW-7562-0637-3118 | My Nintendo: SebGamer93 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Lilseb93 Which route? I'm in the middle of a Golden Deer playthrough atm.

Lilseb93

@Ralizah I picked the Blue Lions. I loved the characters in the house and I wanted to be part of a more royal knight-like house. Plus it was blue. Dimitri wasn't the most interesting character at first, but his character arc got really interesting in part 2.

SoFlo Gamer
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Switch Friend Code: SW-7562-0637-3118 | My Nintendo: SebGamer93 | Twitter:

Xyphon22

Just beat Mutant Mudds Super Challenge from the Mutant Mudds Collection. Is there actually a way to play as Grannie on the Mudds' home planet? Because the ending makes it sound like it but there doesn't seem to be any way to do it. I've gotten everything in the game except for all of the secret characters.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Sisilly_G

Finally completed the third campaign of Fire Emblem Fates. I think I've clocked in over 200+ hours in total completing all three routes.

I have taken my time though, ensuring that I have completed all of the paralogues, recruiting all the babies, and S ranking everyone (including the children) before proceeding to the final boss in all three routes. I also paired everyone up in the battle with somebody who they still had unlockable support conversations with, which added to the overall play time.

I just got a game over on Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists on Switch on day 29. I had only got a handle on the mechanics of the game when it was just a little too late (around day 22 or so), so I've just lost, I'm guessing, about 8.5 hours of play time. The game is surprisingly addictive. If I fail in this playthrough, I might just give up.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

kkslider5552000

YIIK is finally beaten. It is not as good as what Nintendo Life said about it in their review, but it is better than what a lot of other people said.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Captain_Toad

Beaten Owlboy. Twas a fun if kinda frustrating time with this game. (The characters and some of the pixel day and night art were a highlight for me.) but is isn't something I'll be 100% because some of the areas aren't exactly fun to traverse in the second go-around in (the dark cave is a good example) and because you lack a map, it's very easy to get lost. Probably see if there's another ending on YouTube.
8/10

Diggerman.

.19 cents was too hard to resist.
If you like an addictive arcade style digging game while not minding the get more currency timers to buy battery upgrades and more pallete swap characters then go ahead and pick this up.
8/10

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Cineologist

Outlast. Enjoyed seeing the blood and mutilated body parts.

Working my way through the Whistleblower DLC.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4947-0280-9215 (Cinรฉphile)

NintendoByNature

Doom 3

It was my first go round with the game and the series aside from playing small pieces at a young age of doom 1. I'm also chipping away at doom 2 on switch from time to time.

Doom 3 is one of those games that keeps you on your toes the entire time with zero breaks. It's non stop gunning down hordes of demons and creatures. Oh and if you have arachnophobia, good luck with this game. Giant spiders are constantly crawling of cracks in the floor and walls. All sorts of nasty monsters and demons are popping up all over the place. The lighting in the game is superb and really adds to the creepiness. There was a great variety of enemies which was cool. Some of which were pretty hard to take down. It's an older game obviously so there's not much more i can say about the game that hasn't already been said, but for $10, it's a must buy for anyone who has an inkling they'll like the game. If you like run and gun, resident evil style games, or fps, you'll enjoy this game as it checks all those boxes. It's without a doubt the best game I bought on switch for $10 or less. It's a Shame they're only charging $10 for a game of this quality, but I'm not complaining ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Only real negatives were the fact that i did have 2 crashes. The other is the final boss, the cyber demon is one of the easiest boss fights I've had in a while. It only took me a few tries. I probably shouldn't consider this a negative, but it's just something to make note of that Couldve been better. Maybe the best way to describe it is constructive criticism. He looked great and hellish for sure, but I'm just saying. I shouldn't complain too much considering bael from bloodstained took me far too long from being extremely hard. If I had my pick of extremely hard or pretty easy, I suppose I'd take pretty easy after playing the game for 12 hours or so. By then I'm ready for the credits to roll. Other than that I had zero issues with graphics or frame rate issues that I noticed.

Oh and did I mention it's only $10? ๐Ÿ˜‰
8/10

NintendoByNature

Bunkerneath

Just finished Ittle Dew 2+
Not bad little 2D Zelda clone, some parts are pretty hard but once you figure out the paterns not too bad. A few little jokey bits of dialogue too.

Ah well on to Earthlock

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

leerafuse

Took down My Time at Portia the other day. Loved it. Took me 105 Hours, a few frustrating late day crashes, but really enjoyed the game. Probably still pick it up and play and mess around now that the story is over. Now on to Saints Row!

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

klingki

Just beat Anodyne, which sort of felt a bit like an amateur 2D Zelda (I don't mean this as an insult). On the one hand, it lacked the technical polish and superb world/dungeon design that the 2D Zeldas are known for, but being an indie, it also did a lot of unconventional stuff that you would never see in a Zelda title. It's not the most amazing game ever, but I had a good time with it, and I will be going back in to finish up with collectibles. I'd probably give the game a 7 or 7.5 out of 10.

klingki

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic