Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 3,146

Anti-Matter

Yay...!!
I have finished Pokemon X 3DS just now !
I used Xerneas, Greeninja, Sawk, Pikachu, Swanna and Aegislash to beat Four Elites, Diantha and Pokemon Trainer AZ.

Anti-Matter

GeeEmm

LEGO DC Villains. Now for the post game.

GeeEmm

NintendoByNature

Just finished shovel knight shovel of hope for the 2nd time. It's so great time flies while you're playing it. Should beat twilight princess hd tonight too

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I finished Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones earlier this week. What originally started out as a ho-hum FE turned into a pretty decent one in the second half. I went with Eirika's route and have read that the story would have played out differently for Ephraim. Some of the maps were decent, I enjoyed a lot of the characters, and the plot was fairly decent overall.

While I think I slightly prefer FE7/Blazing Blade, I would still recommend this one to any SRPG fan. It is a little easier (on Normal at least) than some other FEs of the time, but still decent IMO.

Orson's last appearance was deliciously disturbing IMO. Maybe I should have played this one closer to Halloween. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

RR529

Just cleared NSMBU Deluxe. Not the most ambitious game, but I thought it was good fun. I'll probably try collecting all the Star Coins (to take a crack at some of the Superstar Road levels), but as I'm not an expert player I'll probably move on before doing it all (same for Luigi U as a whole. I'll probably give it a whirl, but don't expect to clear it).

2019 Completed Games (newly completed in bold):

Switch

• Fishing Star! World Tour
  • NSMBU Deluxe

PS4

• Dragon Quest XI
  • Senran Kagura: Estival Versus

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

Just finished twilight princess hd tonight. What a phenomenonal game. Toward the end though it was kind of dragging on. With that done. Just started bayonetta 2 for the 1st time.

NintendoByNature

AxeltheBuizel

I just cleared the main story for the 2017 Star Wars Battlefront 2. I know that game had a lot of controversy but EA removed all of the pay to win stuff and I was able to get it for super cheap. Plus, I'm a sucker for anything Star Wars related. The final few levels left me disapointed, not for the levels themselves, but rather as how it showed how much better the game could have been, as it's scale and scope was unlike anything else in the game, with seamless air and ground combat and an absolutly huge battle going on durring the whole thing. It's a shame that the rest of the game didn't have nearly a large a scale as the final levels, as seeing it fully realized would be amazing!

Edited on by AxeltheBuizel

AxeltheBuizel

Heavyarms55

@AxeltheBuizel "Plus, I'm a sucker for anything Star Wars related." That was me before Disney bought the rights and ruined the canon. I still go back and re-read the New Jedi Order and X-Wing books every now and then. And KOTOR 2 with the restored content (the fan finished content that was cut because they ran out of time) is one of my favorite games still to date! But I refuse to give Disney even a single cent (or yen in my case) for the new "canon".

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Vinny

Velocity Ultra
A cool shmup -like title where you boost, teleport and save people.
You have to reach a good score at the end of the levels (there are 50) to unlock new levels. You have to replay the levels quite a bit to get a good enough scores, since you gotta save all the people, kill a certain number of enemies and beat the timer.

Overall, it was quite enjoyable, but the backgrounds and the soundtrack could be more varied.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Heavyarms55

I deleted my salt filled original comment. After getting a couple hints from someone else I gave "My Girlfriend is a Mermaid" one more chance and managed to get the true ending. I realized yesterday that if I didn't care about how the story was supposed to end and I was just upset about wasting my afternoon playing this silly game then I wouldn't have spent almost the entire next day wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get that true ending.

Yes I know how laughable that sounds, to end up caring so much about a nonsense sounding VN like this, but it honestly really drew me in, and really really made me want to know how the story played out. And in the end it is a really good story.

But one crippling flaw remains. It really is largely trial and error to figure out which combination of choices leads you to the true ending. There is no feedback from the game as to if you're doing it right. Ironically, as it turns out, on my very first playthrough I was one choice off of getting the true ending the, but instead go a painfully cruel bad ending instead. But I had no way of knowing that.

Is the story so good that it's worth the trial and error to figure out the right route? Debatable. However if you're interested, I'd can give you a spoiler free explanation as to which route to take.

Side issue with it is that occasionally they throw in real photographs, which look laughably out of place next to the lovely hand drawn anime style characters. But that's just a minor annoyance.

I'm not someone who normally like romance stories, which is why I think I ended up liking this. Yeah it's a love story, but it is a love story with a strong mystery and fantasy component too. Those editions make me enjoy the whole package.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Jimez

Last game i finished was Skyrim Special Edition on the PS4. Have been playing the original Skyrim on/off from 2011 until the SE arrived in 2016, then it's been on/off since then.

Jimez

zionich

Finished Octopath Traveler. That final boss is no joke.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Venus_Adept

Bayonetta 2 and before it NSMBUD.

Venus_Adept

NintendoByNature

@Venus_Adept I'm playing thru bayo 2 myself. It's so addicting I can't put it down! I beat nsmbu deluxe back In January. Both great games. Once I'm thru bayo 2 I'm giving 1 a shot. This is my first experience with the bayonetta series and I cant believe how much I'm loving it. Kicking myself now for passing it by earlier

NintendoByNature

Venus_Adept

@nintendobynature Im not a hack n slash fan and i started bayonetta 1 with few expectations, but now im a sucker of the game. After beaten 1 bougth 2 and it was even better. When a game change your mind about a genre is because is a splendid game and Bayonetta did that for me. Now im looking forward to Astral Chains.

Venus_Adept

NintendoByNature

@Venus_Adept funny you mention that. I'm not a hack n slash guy either. The only reason I bought it 2 weeks ago was because I saw how great astral chain looked and i figured i should check it out since I'm buying astral chain day 1. So glad I made the purchase.

NintendoByNature

Venus_Adept

@nintendobynature Totally understand you. I bet a lot of people will buy bayonetta after play Astral Chain, you were smarter and acted just in time. Glad you enjoyed Bayonetta like me.
Pd and thanks for tolerate my english .

Edited on by Venus_Adept

Venus_Adept

Venus_Adept

@nintendobynature Glad to hear that. I wanna practice my english and talking with the people of NintendoLife about topics i like is for sure the best way i can do that. So, thanks a lot folk.

Venus_Adept

Tyranexx

@Venus_Adept: Trust me, you're doing better than some native English speakers.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic