Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,574

LaserdiscGal

I just had an realization.
Is Battleworld going to be the MCU?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

shingi_70

Amiibo wrote:

I just had an realization.
Is Battleworld going to be the MCU?

Battleworld seems to be a mishmash of the current Marvel Multiverse. Now after Battleworld i'm guessing the Universe is rebooted to be far more similar to the MCU.

The Avengers Origins and character's will pretty much be the MCU versions of themselves with an added history to include more than the main members.

The X-men are further downplayed or outright put into their own universe. The Inhumans get an even bigger push than they were getting before. We end up with about five Inhuman related titles and they're a mix of the political kingdom stuff and the whole oprresed people xmen style angle.

The Guardians are the space explorers and taking over the FF's role as the main book and team of Cosmic Marvel. Its the main cosmic book outside of events. They're origins are going to be changed to be more like the MCU being part space outlaws part Fantastic four explorers.

Peter Parker is going to be the Amazing Spider-man and is in his early to mid 30s. He's married to Mary Jane and has a five year old little girl. Miles Morlaes will be the teenage spider-man and be mentored by the adult Peter. Peter is on the Avengers and Miles is leader of the Young Avengers.

Daredevil is back to being more dark like the TV series and is the leader of the Defenders featuring the netflix heroes and they're line of books is far more street level heroics.

Alot of events will still have happened only a bit differently etc.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ryu_Niiyama

shingi_70 wrote:

Given current revelations and Age the idea really only works if Nick Fury jr is actually Nick Fury III and white Nick Fury is his Grandpa.

You sure about that? I thought Fury Sr. was given a serum that halted/slowed his aging? And that he had to take it once a year...and that when he stopped his body aged rapidly. Or were you referring to my question in in how it relates to MCU?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

shingi_70

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Given current revelations and Age the idea really only works if Nick Fury jr is actually Nick Fury III and white Nick Fury is his Grandpa.

You sure about that? I thought Fury Sr. was given a serum that halted/slowed his aging? And that he had to take it once a year...and that when he stopped his body aged rapidly. Or were you referring to my question in in how it relates to MCU?

The comics, last year it was revealed that Fury was an old man due to the Infinity Serum wearing off. Plus from a writing standpoint grandson isn't as desperate as son is.

Untitled
I'm almost at the end of First Avenger at the climax just before he gets trapped in Ice. Overall I know its an unpopular opinion but this is my favorite of the Phase I solo films. The movie is amazing becuse it skirts the line of being a WWII Propaganda film and than in the second act being a action movie. Marvel could have went with a more serious band of brothers approach, but I think going with the more light hearted focus was much better. The Stakes really aren't high since we know the hero will win in the end, yet it makes a ton of sense given that Golden Age comics typically did the same thing. The movie also gets what type of guy Steve Rogers is which is internal to his character, he's the guy who's always going to give the extra 10%. Its as close as the rockteer as were going to get and it plays up the glory of how fighting during WWII was scene. The movie ends on a perfect note of kids playing Cap A in the streets before going into Modern day.

Next Up: Agent Carter episodes 1-4.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Offspring

I finally got around to watching Guardians of the Galaxy. It had a few rough spots but as a whole it was pretty damn good. Chris Pratt has been my favorite actor for years (why didn't more people watch Parks & Recreation!?!?) and I'm glad he finally broke into the mainstream.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

DefHalan

@shingi_70 I am also doing a Marvel Cinematic Universe Rewatch but I am going in release order. I am also doing it just on Sunday's until Avengers 2 comes out. Watching a Mix of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes and Phase 2 movies has been the most difficult so far. When I finished Thor 2 I so badly wanted to jump into Cap 2 but had to wait. Good Luck on your adventure, I hope it works out for you

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shingi_70

It makes sense.

Goddard directed Cabin in the Woods which was produced by Whedon.
He was Orginal show runner for Daredevil before leaving the series before shooting started.
He left Daredevil to Direct Sinster Six.

It truly is the Age of Ultron.

WAT!

DefHalan

^ that trailer, feels so good.

shingi_70

Untitled

Agents of Shield was pretty good yesterday. The show got rid of the Hydra plot line pretty damn quickly pretty brutal circumstances. That was very Fury like of Coulson to play the heads of Hydra against one another and than putting a bullet through the last surviving leaders head. The twoongoing plot lines are now Masters of Evil and the Inhumans. Speaking of hich I liked how they built upon the Inhuman world in the current comics by having more factions and kingdoms other than Attalin. It seems like Marvel wants the Inhumans to be one part Kingdoms and political but for the non Royal family they're going to be straight up Xmen Proxies. The teleporting effect was done pretty well and his entrance at the end was straight up awesome.

I ove how shield feel like its own part of the MCU and it matters instead of being a companion show.

WAT!

DefHalan

While I enjoyed the AoS episode last night I did feel like it would have been better to show it right after the previous episode rather than 8 weeks later. The characters are dealing with what just happened but the audience has been able to come to terms with Tripp's passing. But I am excited with where the show is going. I hope it keeps going the way it is and really becomes a Sci-Fi show based in our world. I feel like the show is finally finding its feet.

RR529

Just finished watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier!

It was a bit visually dark in places because we weren't watching it in HD (like the ship segment at the beginning), but it was still a very good watch (much better than Iron Man 3, that's for sure).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Spoony_Tech

RR529 wrote:

Just finished watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier!

It was a bit visually dark in places because we weren't watching it in HD (like the ship segment at the beginning), but it was still a very good watch (much better than Iron Man 3, that's for sure).

I'm watching Iron Man 3 right now lol. For me at least it gets better the more you see it. Winter Soilder had a lot going on for it that really made it shine imo.

As for AoS, I think it's getting a bit too far out there. Not sure I like the direction it's going yet or not. It had a nice build to the end of the first half of this season but they've cut off so many ties. Will wait for a final judgment to see where this is heading but my interest is slowly waning.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DefHalan

Spoony_Tech wrote:

As for AoS, I think it's getting a bit too far out there. Not sure I like the direction it's going yet or not. It had a nice build to the end of the first half of this season but they've cut off so many ties. Will wait for a final judgment to see where this is heading but my interest is slowly waning.

I felt like last night's episode was really good. It is doing a good job at connecting the Guardians of the Galaxy world with the rest of the MCU in my opinion.

Tasuki

Well I went to Marvel Universe Live tonight and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It had some cheesy moments but what do you expect. Overall though it was pretty good.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Sleepingmudkip

I'm sure that Age of Ultron and ant-man will be great marvel movies as normal but what i'm truly looking forward too is the Dr.Strange movie because it seems like the most out there movie yet, I am very interested on how marvel will explain magic in the MCU because so far they have a "Scientific explanation" for everything even for the asgardians, basically calling them people from another dimensions. I'm also very interested in how much they will de-power scarlet witch in the MCU.

Am i the only one who is really hating Jemma on AoS

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

jump

I've finished watching Agent Carter, it's such a great show and much better than Agents of SHEILD imo which I've struggled with. I even went back to Captain America which has grown on me alot thanks to Carter.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tasuki

arronishere wrote:

I've finished watching Agent Carter, it's such a great show and much better than Agents of SHEILD imo which I've struggled with. I even went back to Captain America which has grown on me alot thanks to Carter.

Yeah I know what you mean. I like the MCU alot but AoS I just couldn't get into, which is kinda the reason I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet. Agent Carter on the other hand I really enjoyed. I hope that Carter gets a whole season for itself rather then being the mid season filler for AoS.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Yeah I know what you mean. I like the MCU alot but AoS I just couldn't get into, which is kinda the reason I haven't seen Winter Soldier yet. Agent Carter on the other hand I really enjoyed. I hope that Carter gets a whole season for itself rather then being the mid season filler for AoS.

If you're not to fussed about AoS then do yourself a favor and see Winter Solider. I didn't get into AoS a such either based off the first say 5 to 10 episodes but it does get really good if you stick with it. Not sure how far you got but give it a chance and you might get hooked.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic