Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Predictions!!!

Posts 61 to 80 of 311

jump

@Balta666 I was joking about that. I suppose I should start using the site emojis to reflect things better rather than ;p but I like to think of myself as old skool.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

Balta666 wrote:

@jump I agree with @TheJGG as this looks like cleaning the house of boring stuff because they have a full show regardless. HYPE TRAIN! (also let's lower our expectations in order to not be disappointed )

Let's gooooooo! This is making me even more excited for E3, 'cos why the hell would Nintendo market this game if they're already jamming their Twitter feed with the game footage?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Grumblevolcano

Or they're saving more time for Smash. I mean if they're not revealing the new Switch revision at E3 they may save a lot of announcements for when they do announce it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Grumblevolcano I disagree with your thoughts that Ninty's E3 is gonna be Smash centric since it's literally a 2/3rds already released DLC pass and there's new games coming but I've got to give it to you for your dedication of the cause.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Grumblevolcano

One thing that came to mind when Summer Game Fest announced the partner list and Nintendo wasn't there is Nintendo never actually announced what they were doing at E3. For all we know it could be no Direct and only Treehouse playing Mario Golf and Skyward Sword HD for example.

There'll likely be something Smash related given 2 characters left suggests 1 character in summer and the other in fall but even the realistic predictions for Nintendo E3 may be unrealistic.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jedgamesguy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

There'll likely be something Smash related given 2 characters left suggests 1 character in summer and the other in fall but even the realistic predictions for Nintendo E3 may be unrealistic.

Listen to @jump the prophet. They speak the truth when they say that Nintendo have no reason to hinge this year’s showcase on the DLC of a two year old game.

Screw it, Nintendo always do whatever the hell they want ;p

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

VoidofLight

One prediction that I'm worried will be unfortunately true: Splatoon 3 gets a 30 minute slot in a 45 minute presentation, with 15 minutes referencing other, smaller titles, in which we already know about.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

ok1

@VoidofLight To me, that isn't really a problem. Then again, Splatoon 2 is my favorite game on the switch.

hello

VoidofLight

@ok1 For me, it'd be more of a problem, since I'm not a huge fan of the series. The gameplay itself is alright, but I just dislike everything else about the series as a whole.

Grumblevolcano

@TheJGG You're misunderstanding the comment, the only thing we know that something Nintendo will be at E3 so it may be that there is no Direct. For example Nintendo was a partner of E3 2016 and only had Treehouse Live because they wanted to save the Switch reveal for October.

So Nintendo may do a similar thing here. For example Treehouse Live for Mario Golf and Skyward Sword HD, announce the next Smash fighter and that's it for E3. Then announce a game on twitter for September after Skyward Sword HD launches, announce a game on twitter for October during August and then have a massive general Direct in September announcing the new Switch revision with a load of games.

Grumblevolcano

jump

@Grumblevolcano Ninty was at E3 that year, it was heavily focused on Zelda but they were still there. The floor space was awesome!

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano And that's the thing about that e3. A new generation was about to be revealed, and so they waited. This year, we don't have to worry about that, seeing as the successor for the switch is still years off, and seeing how there's a good chance there won't be a console revision like people keep saying there'll be.

I-U
  • Spend too much time on Smash DLC (please get these fighters out and move on)
  • Spend too much time on already announced games, the two with the most attention being Splatoon 3 and Skyward Sword HD
  • Mario Kart Live Bowser and Peach Karts announced and releasing in the fall, new DLC courses
  • Definitely no Mario Kart 9
  • the ARMS IP is left sitting
  • No Metroid
  • No Donkey Kong
  • No new 3D Mario
  • Time taken to explain Hyrule Warriors AoC DLC and no time taken to show Breath of the Wild 2
  • Find a way to talk about Animal Crossing New Horizons
  • Have a highlight reel or two of third party or indie games that are either overlooked or are met with disappointment as Nintendo's own announcements underwhelm
  • There are two new Nintendo games announced and will come later this year, one will be good and the other will be okay
  • There will also be two ports announced by Nintendo to fill out the rest of 2021, one of these ends up being the best announcement of the Direct

I am not feeling that good about 2021's line-up, but I do feel really good about 2022. I don't think they'll start to fill out 2022 with announcements at E3, I think that'll happen in a Direct late in the year as to not completely overshadow the 2021 line-up. I hope nearly all of my predictions don't happen, but like I said, I don't feel too positive heading into E3.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

jump

@I-U What do you mean by Arms is still sitting? They were still doing events for it in 2020 which isn't that bad for a 2017 games and got a fighter in Smash. It's not a massive franchise for Ninty but it's not like Codename STEAM or Ever Oasis that just disappeared.

Also I predict Codename STEAM 2 and Ever Oasis 2 for E3! ;P

Nicolai wrote:

Buizel

In bingo card format:

Untitled

Probably hedging my bets here (to have all of these would be an amazing E3), but I usually do terrible with these anyway...

Edit: That should be Metroid Prime 4, not 3!

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

jump

@timleon Your linky dink says access denied.

Nicolai wrote:

Buizel

@jump Thanks, fixed! (hopefully)

At least 2'8".

Dragwhite

not really much of a prediction list but more of a wishlist tbh,
pokemon direct before e3 2021 complete with cool trailer for bd/sp and pokemon legends,
danganronpa trilogy to drop on the switch since its the 10th anniversary,
more breath of the wild 2 stuff potential vague 2022 release would be good,
i don't want a no more heroes 3 trailer tbh, i've been given so much content now for it that i just wanna go in blind,
yakuza 0 and yakuza kiwami 1 on the switch since they're both games that could run on the ps4 and having them portably would be a godsend,
more information on five nights at freddys secruity breach,
splatoon 3 story teaser trailer akin to the octo expansion trailer with either a global testfire or splatoon 3 e3 tourney shown so we can see more gameplay,
persona 5 arena would be great i wanna beat people up with ryuji,
age of calamity dlc with hopefully some look at pack 2 and story content,
forget persona 5 on switch i just want persona 4 golden please,
shin megami tensei 5 gameplay trailer and release date,
and finally phoenix wright or even paper mario in smash bros though i doubt it.

Epic by epic games

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic