Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Predictions!!!

Posts 301 to 311 of 311

link3710

Dang, I actually managed to call the M&R sequel months ago in my predictions. Probably going to be the only thing I get right this E3 lol.

@jump I'm guessing it was supposed to be the next main series 3D mario, but they didn't like the direction enough so they polished what they had and released it as an expansion.

link3710

jump

link3710 wrote:

I'm guessing it was supposed to be the next main series 3D mario, but they didn't like the direction enough so they polished what they had and released it as an expansion.

Maybe that happened but it doesn't sound likely, if Nintendo are unhappy with something they will just bin it rather than releasing it for the sake of it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

@jump It depends on the why. Perhaps they found as the game continue to grew in size it ceased to work well? It wouldn't surprise me if that was why they dropped it.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

About Bowser's Fury, I figured it was originally going to be Odyssey DLC (it's structure is pretty much Odyssey with 3D World mechanics) but got added to 3D World to justify $60 price point, Tropical Freeze is the only Wii U port with very little extra content added (whether new content or packaging DLC in the base game).

BotW - Released on Wii U at the same time as Switch
MK8 - Proper battle mode, extra characters and vehicle parts
Pokken - Extra characters and DLC
Bayonetta 1+2 - No new content but was a 2 game bundle
Tropical Freeze - Easy mode (Funky Kong)
Hyrule Warriors - All Wii U and 3DS content
Captain Toad - Odyssey levels and DLC
NSMBU - No new content but was a 2 game bundle
Tokyo Mirage Sessions - Extra dungeon with story content
Pikmin 3 - Side stories
3D World - Bowser's Fury

Might explain why the rumours suggest Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD being packaged together rather than separate $60 releases. I can't say I believe it, but hopefully if real it's a proper everything on the cart type situation rather than the Bayonetta have 1 game as a download code.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

Well, the Ubisoft Presentation.. was a thing. They went on for entirely too long with some of the games shown. The only thing that caught my eye was the second to last game revealed.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

link3710

@Grumblevolcano NSMBU had a new 'easy mode' in Toadette as well. Bayo 2 had local co-op (+a secret LAN mode) instead of just online co-op, plus amiibk compatibility.

I don't think any Wii U game was released on Switch without at least some non-graphical upgrade save Lego City Undercover

link3710

Bolt_Strike

Final predictions for Nintendo:

-Full blowout for BotW2
-New 2D Metroid
-2D DK
-Mario Kart of some kind
-3D Kirby
-Warioware
-New info on both Pokemon games
-Bayonetta 3 shown off
-Teaser trailer for Mario Odyssey 2 in 2022

If even half of this list comes true it'll be a great E3.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

MPSSislit

Here are my E3 Direct predictions:
Most likely/basically confirmed: Skyward Sword HD, Mario Golf: Super Rush, next Smash Fighter, Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, games for rest of 2021
Likely: New Horizons Update news, BOTW 2
Probably: Genshin Impact, LEGO Skywalker Saga, N64 NSO games
Not likely: GameCube NSO games, NSO revamp being announced, ARMS 2, more 3DS ports
Hopes/Dreams: F-Zero, Star Fox Zero on Switch (or just a new Star Fox game)

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

jedgamesguy

Guys... this is it!!! LET'S.... GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

See you on the other side.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Buizel

timleon wrote:

In bingo card format:

Untitled

Probably hedging my bets here (to have all of these would be an amazing E3), but I usually do terrible with these anyway...

Edit: That should be Metroid Prime 4, not 3!

Kinda embarassing how few of these I got right (not going to cross any off, because some aren't really 100% clear).

But still, very pleasantly surprised by this direct.

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic