Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Predictions!!!

Posts 261 to 280 of 311

Grumblevolcano

I think next week we may get a 3rd party timed Switch exclusive announced at Summer Game Fest that appears to be exclusive. Game Awards 2019 had Bravely Default II, Game Awards 2020 had Capcom Arcade Stadium and Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection, etc. Maybe that rumoured Resident Evil game this time as horror games are more fitting for an event like Summer Game Fest than a Nintendo Direct?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheAwesomeBowser

E3 is looking like Nintendo's to win, so long as they don't spend half the conference on one game, with Sony and Microsoft locked up with fixing their next-gen shortages. Some of my predictions:

• A Smash DLC character is all but guaranteed; I'm thinking it's going to be Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. If there's a second reveal like in 2019, it will probably be Crash Bandicoot.
  • If the New Switch isn't revealed by the time June 15 comes around, it will be announced at the very beginning of the Direct.
  • I think Mario Kart will get something announced during the Direct. It could either be DLC for 8 Deluxe or a new game.
  • We're either getting a new Donkey Kong or a new Kirby. Either way, it will still be a 2D game.
  • Splatoon 3 should be getting a gameplay reveal and a more precise release window.
  • BoTW 2 will likely get a title reveal and a release window, no release date yet. It will likely release sometime in 2022.
  • Metroid Prime 4 will still be a no-show as its only been in development for two years, but there might be some sort of development update from Retro Studios (think a developer diary video).
  • I can see the final reveal being the announcement of a sequel to Super Mario Odyssey; it may or may not get a release window.
  • In regards to the Summer Game Fest event, there will probably be some sort of timed exclusive from a third party developer; this could be the rumoured Resident Evil game from Capcom, as Grumblevolcano has predicted, or something else entirely.

Know that this is entirely speculation based on my views of realism and I know absolutely nothing about what Nintendo has planned for the Direct.

Edited on by TheAwesomeBowser

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Blooper987

Here's a handy list for you guys to remember everything happening next week. All times are in EST by the way.

Battlefield Reveal - Wednesday, June 9th 10:00AM

Summer Game Fest - Thursday, June 10th 2:00PM

Netflix Geekend Week - Friday, June 11th 12:00PM

Koch Primetime - Friday, June 11th 3:00PM

IGN Expo - Friday, June 11th 4:00PM

Guerrilla Collective - Saturday, June 12th 11:00AM

Wholesome Direct - Saturday, June 12th 1:00PM

Devolver Digital - Saturday, June 12th 4:30PM

Gearbox Entertainment - Saturday, June 12th ???

Ubisoft Forward - Saturday, June 12th 3:00PM

XBox/Bethesda - Sunday, June 13th 1:00PM

Square Enix - Sunday, June 13th 3:15PM

Future Games Show - Sunday, June 13th 7:00PM

PC Gaming Show - Sunday, June 13th 5:30PM

Warner Bros. - Sunday, June 13th ???

Limited Run Games - Monday, June 14th 4:00PM

Capcom - Monday, June 14th ???

Take-Two Interactive - Monday, June 14th ???

Bandai Namco - Tuesday, June 15th ???

Nintendo Direct - Tuesday, June 15th 12:00 PM

If I forgot anything let me know.

Edited on by Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

link3710

@GrailUK Surprisingly, I actually do have faith they will at least partially implement that. Looking at Sword/Shield's Wild Area (I haven't gotten the DLC so this is the base game), there were multiple instances of Pokémon being hidden based on exploration, typically combined with weather. When I completed the Pokedex, there was only one or two wild area walking Pokemon I actively had to grind to find. So it seems likely they'll expand on that for Legends.

@Blooper987 Thank you, that's super useful!

@TheAwesomeBowser Splatoon 3 will almost certainly not appear. It seems like they're setting it up to do a big blowout of it in September and release it early 2022 (March most likely).

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

I agree that MK8 Deluxe DLC is likely. Between Super Mario Party getting that online update, Nintendo Minute returning to MK8 Deluxe in yesterday's video (they don't usually return to old games if there isn't anything related like DLC or a sequel coming soon) and apparently Mario Kart Tour is going to connect to MK8 Deluxe according to a comment in the most recent update article.

With the Nintendo Minute point, last year's BotW videos were teasing Age of Calamity.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

"In celebration of the landmark collaboration between Nintendo & Illumination on the Super Mario movie, we're proud to announce that the Minions will be drifting into Mario Kart Tour & can be transferred to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Nintendo Switch!" 😛

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

GrailUK

@link3710 Nice! BotW's wonderfully crafted world made exploring landmarks really compelling. I'm sure Legends can capture the same spirit looking for wildlife.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

We're only a few days away from E3 kicking off.

Here's a reminder of what and when.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

I wish for new Imagine / Petz / Rabbids games from Ubisoft.
EA.... Nothing, maybe The Sims 4 another DLC again. Surprise me with The Sims 5 announcement.
Nintendo..... I will go crazy and overhyped when they announce ARMS 2.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla

I'll probably watch Ubisoft, Square Enix and maybe a few others if I'm awake and have time, but I'm not really expecting much from anyone other than Nintendo. (Did you guys know giantbomb.com is a website by the way?)

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jump

Magician wrote:

We're only a few days away from E3 kicking off.

Here's a reminder of what and when.
Untitled

That's the worst predication yet, it doesn't even mention the games! ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Zeldafan79

@Slowdive
What's a dot com? I remember when nobody said that or used that term ever!
LOL! I'm a freaking geezer!

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Magician

@jump @Slowdive @Zeldafan79

Yeah, it's a photo shop of a tweet Saniya made last week. Somebody got cute and threw Giant Bomb.com all over it. I'd throw up the link to Saniya's tweet but...company firewall and all that jazz. This might be it? I can't be sure.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

Capcom's event now has a time.

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers

Something tells me Capcom won't reveal any new games and it'll just be the four games mentioned. MH Stories 2 probably will take up most of the time so they can show off gameplay.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

VoidofLight

Honestly, I don't know if I'll watch the Capcom stream. I feel as if I already know a lot of stuff about Stories 2, and I don't want to see much else since I don't want to spoil myself on it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@jump Giant Bomb.com (it's a website). That's the only game prediction we need.

NintendoByNature

@IceClimbers hope that's not the case. Capcom is one of the three I'll be tuning in for. I'd imagine they'd have at least a couple projects to show off.

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

I'm planning on watching all of the presentations with some friends, since I really have nothing better to do while I wait for Nintendo's presentation to kick off, and I might see some games that catch my eye. I'm mostly looking forwards to Square's presentation and to Nintendo's presentation though.

RR529

Think Square Enix will announce any surprising remasters? Kinda like the Last Remnant back in 2019.

I know there's that rumored FF compilation, but FFVIII Remastered was announced in the same time frame as TLR, so there could be something else to go with it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic