Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Predictions!!!

Posts 281 to 300 of 311

ThanosReXXX

@TheJGG Just to add a final note, even though I know you weren't specifically pointing at me: it's just my personal sentiment and observation that an E3 presentation should offer at the very least a little bit, and possibly quite a bit more than a regular presentation, so the fact that Directs are always around 40 to 45 minutes doesn't really strike me as a sufficient explanation. I don't see how that can be annoying or jarring: it's simply an observation and a personal point of view, nothing more, nothing less.

And besides that, ESPECIALLY what with the whole pandemic, and the deafening silence coming from Nintendo HQ, they could REALLY use a couple of bomb shell announcements, or a more extended presentation.

But as mentioned before, it isn't just about the Direct, but about what's for me a regular length presentation COMBINED with only a single day of Treehouse, where there always used to be three days.

I don't give a flying you-know-what that there's usually quite a bit of rehashing of presented titles in them, because the presentations in the Directs are usually just teasers or trailers, and the Treehouse sessions always added more in-depth looks into those titles, so they still had an added value, well at least: for me personally.

Anyways, in general, I'm pretty sure that as a multi-platform gamer, I'll still have a pretty entertaining E3, regardless of what one of the three parties does or doesn't do or show...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Magician

Word round the campfire is that Geoff Keighley will have at least four world premiere exclusives.

With Elden Ring gameplay being the most anticipated, I would assume.

We'll see how far it as come since the alpha gameplay leak back in March.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

@Slowdive
Ubisoft presentation will be first but unfortunatelly the schedule is on my bedtime (Jakarta time) so I will check the article in the morning.
And I wish for something kiddie from Ubisoft for the casual games.

Anti-Matter

Blooper987

There are rumors for a 2D my hero academia fighting game being developed by arc system, that will be announced at E3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Magician

@Blooper987

Heard the same. Although I would've preferred an Arc Sys-developed Bleach or One Punch Man 2D fighter, but hey...MHA is the new hotness in Shonen Jump. Good series.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

Well.. Summer Games Fest was kind of lame honestly. Wasn't expecting anything Nintendo related, but games in general just seemed eh, and the show itself got kind of boring at the end.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Bolt_Strike

Magician wrote:

@Blooper987

Heard the same. Although I would've preferred an Arc Sys-developed Bleach or One Punch Man 2D fighter, but hey...MHA is the new hotness in Shonen Jump. Good series.

I wish someone would make a Rising of the Shield Hero game, that would make for a pretty good ARPG. But mainly so I can play as best waifu of all time Raphtalia.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Ralizah

After my BIG THREE (Ace Attorney 7, SMT V, and BotW2), Mario + Rabbids 2 is pretty much my most wanted sequel. It'd be incredible if we got another one of these games. Still one of the system's best exclusives.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Vortexeo

I still have to finish Mario + Rabbids. I was completely addicted up until about halfway into the 3rd world and then I just never went back to it.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Zeldafan79

@ToadBrigade

I played mario Rabbids all the way through to the end and strategy RPG's were never something i enjoyed. Somehow i Couldn't put it down. Still need to finish the DK add on though. Hope they announce a sequel!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

VoidofLight

I don't really like strategy rpgs, and Mario + Rabbids isn't for me.. I don't really like the music, and I don't really find the gameplay all that fun either honestly.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

@Slowdive Well Rabbids are bigger than some of the nobodies in Smash like the guy from Metroid...;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@Slowdive Doubt it given they released a Rabbid Mii costume as DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blooper987

DDLC plus got announced. Mario + Rabbids leak seems almost 100% true at this point

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Henmii

Just something floating through my head: Nintendo is supposedly working on a Donkey Kong game, in-house. But what if Next level games is making it? After all, Nintendo acquired that studio recently for some reason...(or just Luigi's mansion 4 wich might also be amazing. But maybe to soon).

Henmii

jump

@Henmii The rumour is it's Nintendo's EAD team (the Mario developers) rather than just in-house after they cancelled a different DK game they weren't happy with from an outside developer.

Something I've not seen speculated on is EAD worked on the Bowsers Fury which was oddly different to 3D World and Odyssey, what if that was the test drive for the new DK game?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Henmii

@jump,

With in-house I meant Nintendo EAD (is that more of a second-party?). Sounds a bit like a Metroid situation, starting from scratch. Your Bowser's fury theory doesn't sound bad. I wonder though who made that cancelled game. Retro studio's? Had they become sooo bad after Tropical freeze? Who knows, maybe someone finds out someday...

Henmii

jump

@Henmii It wasn't Retro, according to the DK vines (where all this stuff is coming from) they had another different project but they don't want to talk about company's recent failures so they are keeping tight lipped on it at the moment.

Nicolai wrote:

ThanosReXXX

Watching the Guerilla Collective right now. Some interesting games have already been shown...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic