Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 301 to 320 of 384

BabyYoda71

@DenDen I’m nearly done Beast Within, but I started on Mother Knows Best for some reason. 😆

Stichs series? Is it a show?

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

DenDen

@BabyYoshi12 yes it’s a show 😁

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BabyYoda71

@DenDen Guessing Stichs means Stitch, do you mean Lilo and stitch the series? Yes, I’ve watched every Stitch movie and show ever!

jump

I think they talking about Stich! a Japanese anime based on the character.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BabyYoda71

@jump Oh yeah... I’ve heard of it, but not seen it as it’s not available here as far as I know.

porto

Unpopular Pixar Opinions:

• Up is not a good movie. Other than the first 10 minutes of course
  • Ratatouille is the most Overated film ever.
  • The Good Dinosaur was a bad movie, but the most beautiful out of all of them. Seriously it was gorgeous.
  • The cars series isn’t that bad aside from the 2nd one.
  • Toy Story 2 is better than the first
  • Toy Story 4 is the worst Pixar movie. Change my mind.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

BabyYoda71

@Apportal How dare you offend Up? It’s okay, Inside Out’s the best though. Ratatouille isn’t great, but there’s more overrated films (Every Marvel movie ever, specifically Infinity War.) Agree with Good Dinosaur. Is that Cars one unpopular? Everyone agrees with that! Except me, that is. Cars 2 is a great movie, just not what you would expect from Pixar. Toy Story 2 is... not as good as the first. The third is the best one, and I disagree with you on TS4, but see your point.

porto

@BabyYoshi12 that’s the whole point of unpopular opinions dude

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Apportal
I was quite disappointed to see how was Toy Story 4 ended.
It was like a cliffhanger before a sequel Toy Story 5.
My prediction, if Toy Story 5 does exist, probably Andy has grown up become adult male, getting married and have either son or daughter and at the end of story, Woody and the old gangs will reunite again. They will be Andy's kid belonging.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

DenDen

@Apportal I agree with most of those opinions!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

jump

If we are talking about unpopular opinions I believe Mary Poppins is actually a sociopath and everyone overlooks it due to Julie Andrews being so beloved and charming. Look at her behaviour she’s vein and always looking at her reflection, she gaslights people, she’s pretentious with her forced congeniality speech, willing to take out her competition and manipulates people rather than being straight with them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

I just watched Howard, one of documentaries on Disney Plus.

It’s about one of the song writers during the 80/90s period and how he elevated movies like Little Mermaid, Aladdin etc by making sure the songs are important to the plot despite often being at odds with the bosses. He then gets HIV so he’s trying to force through and write music for years worth of films whilst trying to hide it from Disney in fear he would be fired.

After watching it really does show how Disney has kept the genre of musicals relevant for decades now.

Nicolai wrote:

WoomyNNYes

I really liked Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins, even though I thought the movie dragged a bit in certain areas. Emily Blunt<333 (cue harp chords, white doves, and post poduction floating hearts)

And regarding the most recent Mary Poppins movie, even I thought, "bmx bikes jumping, and ramps??". If you forgot there was a bmx bike musical in there. There was.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes Yeah Emily Blunt was a great in it and she's better than Julie Andrews imo. The movie bugs me as the songs just aren't as good (I did really I like the bathtub song though) and some stuff just comes off as trying too hard (especially the Meryl Streep and Big Ben scenes) but at time it feels closer to what Mary Poppins is despite not being nowhere near as good as the first film.

Have you seen Saving Mr Banks? It's the true story of Disney making the first film with Tom Hank playing Walt Disney, it's basically a war between Walt and the author of the Mary Poppins books (Emma Thompson) who hates cartoons and Americans.

Nicolai wrote:

Losermagnet

I saw Onward in theater before everything shut down. I guess it's gotten a lukewarm reception, but I really enjoyed it. The last 15 minutes had a few moments where I had to hold in the tears.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

WoomyNNYes

@jump I haven't seen it, but recall that story regarding Disney and the Mary Poppins author (because that movie, Saving Mr Banks, was made). I'll look for it, if you're recommending that movie.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes yeah, I’d recommend it. It’s a stellar cast giving stellar performances. It does feel abit too much like taking Disney’s side of the argument but it’s still a great watch none the less.

I find Walt himself and the Disney company fascinating on how it was built, the innovations that were done and the risks that were taken. His drive behind the creation of the Mary Poppins is just another example of that.

@Losermagnet I’m fairness it’s was out a week before the virus stuff happened so I’d imagine not a lot of people actually saw it. I would not put in my Pixar top 10 but I enjoyed it. I’m not really a fantasy fan but I found their real world use of fantasy trappings interesting and yeah the ending was really powerful.

Nicolai wrote:

TheFrenchiestFry

Onward was pretty solid but Soul is the Pixar film I'm REALLY looking forward to

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Losermagnet

@jump yeah i remember thinking that the movie was very niche, which suprised me from Pixar.

@TheFrenchiestFry i'd completely forgotten about Soul. Looks great. I hope theaters are open by November. Doubt it though....

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jump

I've just finished watching The World According To Jeff Goldblum on Disney+, I was surprised to see it was being championed as one of their top tier exclusives alongside The Mandalorian but it actually is really enjoyable. It only really works due to Goldblum's eccentricity but I learned a few interesting nuggets of facts throughout the shows.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic