Forums

Topic: Disney/Pixar Discussion

Posts 381 to 384 of 384

senaionios

@OwlHighway1Revisited
If they want to stay operational in Europe, they'll have to keep making European productions or buy them from other producers, otherwise their license will be revoked.

Nintendo Gamer & Movie Enthusiast

senaionios

You know, with these strikes going on, I was considering boycotting the big studios because of how they're treating the WGA and SAG-AFTRA members. But in all honesty, I can't do it. Especially not with Disney.

Disney has been with me all my life, and it might be a bit crazy to say this, but it feels like they're a part of me. Almost like family in a way. I grew up with their movies and animated tv shows. I've laughed and cried with them. I shared emotions with them. And yes, sometimes they do something that I don't agree with. Sometimes they can make me feel angry or sad for what they've done, and at times I maybe want to put some distance between us. But that doesn't stop me from loving them for everything else they've done for me. They haven't betrayed me. They haven't attacked me personally. Quite the contrary even. Some of their movies have strengthened me, telling me it's normal to feel sad or lonely, but they always left me with a sense of hope and comfort no other movie studio has given me. And therefore, I can't let them go.

There's only one other company in existence that I feel the same about: Nintendo. They too have been with me all my life, and while Disney fulfilled the role of the older family members, like a sweet aunt or caring grandmother, Nintendo fulfilled the role of the playful cousins, the ones you couldn't wait to see again to play hide-and-seek with or go to the swimming pool with.

Perhaps many people will write this off as brand loyalty, but I feel it goes much deeper than that. These companies are such a part of who I am that I can't imagine my life without them. They've stuck by me in my darkest moments, like only the most devoted family members would. And I'd be in mourning if either of these seize to exist.

card-crunch78

"Turning Red" is the best Pixar movie and nobody can make me say otherwise. In fact, it's a catalyst that led to me studying Japanese language and culture, and my persona being part kitsune (except with three tails instead of nine).

Edited on by card-crunch78

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

senaionios

@HenryKibble
Turning Red might not be my number 1, but it is in my Top 5 Pixar movies.
It's a gorgeous, hilarious and emotional film.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic