Forums

Topic: Coronavirus outbreak

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,548

jump

@KillerBOB At this point there's a lot of countries lying and suppressing Coivd information lol. At the end of the day it doesn't really change much though, Coivd isn't something that looks at flags and passports before deciding if it will affect someone.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

KillerBOB

@jump

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't have helped if China was honest from the start, didn't muzzle/suppress medical professionals who first discovered the virus, warned the WHO about how serious it was and how quickly it spread...

You are right, that wouldn't have helped anything 🤡

KillerBOB

jump

@status-204 @KillerBOB I'm not saying China did nothing wrong, I'm just saying it's silly to overly try and simplify the problem to blame China to make people feel better about the pandemic. If you think it will completely fix the problem so there's no more lockdown and deaths then go for it. 👍

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Dogorilla

jump wrote:

In reality wanting someone to blame is understandable as putting a face to direct your frustration at is easier but it's a just thing of nature like cancer or a hurricane.

Well, there's some evidence that links the virus to the illegal wildlife trade in China and other countries, so there's that if you're looking for someone to blame. The terrible conditions the animals are kept in could easily lead to more pandemics in the future, as well as just being an abhorrent practice in general.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jump

@Dogorilla Apparently the first diagnosed case found that the man and his direct contacts had never been to the wet market people suspect it came from plus there's reports of the first recorded case of Coivd antibodies was in Italy months before the Dec 19 outbreak either pointing to it left China earlier or it didn't come from China. My working theory is still that God did it! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

WoomyNNYes

@status-204 Part of the problem is WHO is only a medical info sharing network. They don't any power, and have no way to enforce sharing medical info.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

@jump Ah right, fair enough. We still can't say for sure that it was unrelated to the wet markets though, but I agree that it doesn't make sense to just blame China as a whole like some people are doing. And you're right, we can't rule out God as a suspect

Funky Kong

Losermagnet

jump wrote:

My working theory is still that God did it! ;p

I hate that guy sometimes. He's so vengeful.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jump

Losermagnet wrote:

jump wrote:

My working theory is still that God did it! ;p

I hate that guy sometimes. He's so vengeful.

Yeah, he even sent his own son to be killed on earth, that ain't right. I'm pretty sure God had that kid out of wedlock too.

Nicolai wrote:

gcunit

@jump Non-consentual too.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

toiletduck

@Dogorilla like I mentioned a few posts before: Chinese animal trade and dead animal markets aren't the only areas/situations posing such a high risk of virus mutation. Basically all areas where many types of animals are held in close vicinity under bad conditions are risk areas. Poor human hygiene is of course an accelerator for fast spreading, which doesn't plead in favor of the Chinese market.

I feel it's a matter of when we will experience the next big virus, not if, if we continue to live like this and keep consuming meat on large scale.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Dogorilla

@toiletduck Yeah, I think David Attenborough said there could be a large-scale virus outbreak every ten years or so if current conditions continue. I'd like to think this situation will cause people to aspire to better animal welfare in the future for that reason, but I fear that profit will continue to prevail over common sense.

Funky Kong

jump

@gcunit Why has no one stopped this guy yet?

Nicolai wrote:

XxSupernova8xX

@WoomyNNYes Thank you very much for pointing out there is actually a Coronavirus thread and for moving my message there I apologise for posting it in the wrong place.

It is bizzarre because here in the UK we are also an island nation and should have been able to take similar action but sadly that was not so...

Supernova is locked down....

XxSupernova8xX

@theJGG I am not sure where you are from but yes we only had masks mandatory in shops in the July, in bars/cafes (unless sitting down) it was September and no we do not have to wear masks in the street. Where I live which is in the City of Bath it does not get super busy, we are a big tourist town and after all we have no tourists however I have seen some of the pics of London, Brighton, Manchester etc which is mad!

BTW I love Les MIs and Phantom they are two of my favourite musicals along with Cats

Mr-Fuggles777

@XxSupernova8xX what's the point In controlling air travel or closing borders when there's still illegal immigrants crossing the Channel into the UK unchecked.
Especially after they have been trekking right through Europe, picking up all the different Covid strains to bring across to us.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

XxSupernova8xX

@Mr-Fuggles777 I see your point but some of these ppl trying to get to the UK are trying to flee really bad ***** (sorry don't know if Im allowed to swear on here??) - I think this is a separate issue

XxSupernova8xX

Lol - those ***s indicate I am not allowed to swear lol

Mr-Fuggles777

@XxSupernova8xX it's hardly a separate issue when we've been locked up for over 12 months with risk of fines if we go too far from home and these people are allowed to travel freely across the continent without restriction.
They have gone through multiple safe countries to get to the UK, they are purely economic migrants at this point and risk spreading a disease that's costing hundreds of thousands of people their lives.

I've had Covid - was hospitalised twice with it and been left with long term lung damage, so apologies if I don't have the greatest sympathy for criminals putting everyone at risk.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

jump

@Mr-Fuggles777 the suspected UK patient zero is a rich boy from Sussex who caught it a ski lodge and then hid it even when Coivd started blowing up in the news. You have got to find a different reason to hate on those immigrants now ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic