Forums

Topic: Coronavirus outbreak

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,548

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

But no, global corporations capitalising on a pandemic isn't a conspiracy, that's just what they do. They haven't caused it however, that would be a silly thought.

Well its not a conspiracy once you admit what you're doing. It presumably WAS a conspiracy for quite a while though.
I didn't say they caused it though. They're just capitalizing on it. But there's a huge difference between individual companies capitalising on something because it just happens to align with their self-interest, VS whole groups of corporations scheming to capitalise on a situation in the exact same way by introducing some creepy "stakeholder" metric through major banks.

GilbertXI wrote:

It's extremely fascinating watching the chess pieces of wall street and mega-corps move at the smallest of chances, trying to best the opponent any opportunity they get.

Well they've always done all of that stuff, but the reason it never becomes a big problem is because they're all still in competition with each other, so the power they have tends to get canceled out by their competitors, and as soon as any major corporation institutes a terrible policy (e.g Xbox One always online requirement), the public tend to flock to the major competitors (PS4), and so the market kinda self-corrects naturally (as long as you have transparency with what they're actually selling, so you can make the clear decision between the better and worse options)

When they start coordinating with one another, that's when it gets scary. Like imagine if Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo had all agreed behind the scenes to have that always online requirement in all 3 of their consoles for this current gen. We would've had no real power to stop it. It would've become the accepted norm by now.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

When they start coordinating with one another, that's when it gets scary. Like imagine if Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo had all agreed behind the scenes to have that always online requirement in all 3 of their consoles for this current gen. We would've had no real power to stop it. It would've become the accepted norm by now.

There was a really scary month when Sony wasn't commenting on what they were gonna do for PS4. Probably the most concerned I've ever been for gaming as a whole.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Zuljaras

So currently I am wrestling the Corona. It sux

Everything hurts and the temperature is constant.

Even powerful antibiotics do not help much. I have to sit and wait it out. I thought that it was like a normal seasonal flu but it is a monster!

PS: Gaming consoles help a lot!!! Why doctors don't recomend that?

Eel

I remember seeing you mention that in the chit chat. I hope you and your family make a complete recovery quickly and start feeling well soon!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Zuljaras Antibiotics don't work on viruses, they are for bacterial infections or inflammation.

Octane

Zuljaras

@Eel Thank you for that. It is funny that my mother is going through it better than me

@Octane You are right but after all the doctor prescribed it and told us that it is for the temperature fluctuations. I would not dare to try and heal myself as I would like

On the good side I got many games that are coming from the Black Friday in the following week. 5 games from the BF and 2 games from Limited Run

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Hope you get better man, make a speedy recovery Maybe wile you just site there you can use the sickness as a concept for your game, make this fun.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Zuljaras

@Snatcher Thanks man!

Well Pestilence, the Horsemen is there as well and he pretty much wiped out the cyclopes with a plague. One of the areas is the plagued cyclops cave with very interesting boss at the end

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Bura KEEP it UP!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Tendo64

31 days of no cases here. By the authorities' definition it's been eradicated. Let's hope it stays that way and similar fortunes come the way of you all sooner rather than later.

@Zuljaras - very sorry to hear you've come down with it, wishing you a speedy recovery. What were your initial symptoms? I ask because I thought I'd caught it back in March when it first took off here, and it was like nothing I'd experienced from a cold or flu.

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Zuljaras

@Tendo64 First there was a cough and extreme weakness in the whole body.

After that the high temperature came with pain in the whole body.

And now 4 days later the pain is still here to make things interesting!

On top of that complete 100% loss of sense of smell. I can't smell anything for 3 days.

Stupid Chinese flu! I will never surrender

Edited on by Zuljaras

WoomyNNYes

XxSupernova8xX wrote:

I'm allowed to post this right?

General discussion?

Recently I saw a programme on TV (I am in England, UK) about Taiwan and how they have only had 7 covid related deaths and life there is pretty much normal. Similar, I believe, in New Zealand.

Living in a country consumed by the pandemic (Worst death rate in Europe and in our third lockdown with a crumbling economy....) - I am interested to know how people are affected in other parts of the world - if anyone would care to share their stories with an isolated locked-down chicken!!!

Thanking you

@XxSupernova8xX Yeah, New Zealand has the benefit of being an isolated island country, and they really locked down hard there, and shut down travel in and out of the country. The only way to stop this virus is if everyone quarantines, wears masks, social distances, avoids gatherings in enclosed spaces. All you need is a trickle of people not adhering to those preventative measures and it's loose again, and multiplying, which it does at an exponential rate when nobody takes precautions.

And China... They did clamp down hard at some point, I believe. Since they hid covid at the beginning, I'm not sure how trustworthy their current numbers are. Hopefully they are being transparent.

Here in the US, rural states & areas wouldn't react until their hospitals were filled up and people are dying daily. And waiting until your hospital fills up is when it's too late.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

I haven't really been outside since the lockdown, and I still feel great thanks china love what you did for the world.

jedgamesguy

I was in England from May to October, and before masks were mandated in shops my entire family were gawked at by the British public as if we were on display at a museum. But even in September almost nobody on the streets were doing it. And then some of them have the cheek to go on newspapers and shows and heckle the PM for what a bad job he's doing... Sometimes we had to walk through crowds, and it felt risky.

One person tested positive for coronavirus who's in the same class as my little sister. On one hand she should be isolating but on the other hand it IS exam week.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@theJGG The PM should be heckled, whilst a pandemic is not the norm for what a national leader should be doing his handling throughout has been poor, avoided doing the right thing for political reasons and sending conflicting messages as been proven by the UK having some of the worst stats in the world.

I did start writing a list from him refusing ventilators & protective equipment from Europe as it would look bad with Brexit to mocking other non-Tory politician's suggestions of handling the virus only to then literally steal the same idea he mocked but it would have become a depressing wall of text.

@Snatcher The thing is a pandemic is world problem, not a China problem unless you're talking about alt right conspiracy theories when they genetically engineered the virus to bring down America or whatever.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

@jump Ya I'm talking about how china was probably trying to kill us like wtf china.

toiletduck

@Snatcher I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not. Are you aware that a natural mutation like this would have been at least just as likely to occur in areas with large bio-industry (such as in my own country the Netherlands) and areas where people are messing with natural balance the most, such as rain-forest areas in the Amazone (which mainly happens to serve western consumerism unfortunately)? Now of course you can criticize the fact that China seemed to have tried to cover it up instead of handing it properly in the first place, but I wonder what happened if they wouldn't have (probably only bought us some time) or how every other country would've responded. The fact that almost all countries where the virus appeared were too slow and too late with measures, kinda makes me think that hell would've broken loose either way with a virus like this.

Again - I'm not sure you're being sarcastic or not, but I just wanted to share my 2cts. If you believe the virus hasn't originated in nature, my arguments are probably irrelevant to you

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Snatcher

@toiletduck I was saying it in a joking about it it just kinda shows how I feel and I was kinda picking off from what jump said.

jump

Thing is China's initial response was poor but it would have taken a flawless method only available in hindsight to stop it spreading elsewhere but countries like UK and USA which had months of forewarning and even weeks of seeing it hit western countries but chose not to take action and preparation deserve far more scorn.

In reality wanting someone to blame is understandable as putting a face to direct your frustration at is easier but it's a just thing of nature like cancer or a hurricane. So really God is to blame, when will people learn and stop worshipping him instead of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!?!? ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

KillerBOB

@jump

Actively lying and suppressing information from the international medical community goes far beyond "poor".

KillerBOB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic