Forums

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,216

LzWinky

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I'm not sure if it will come to Europe but if it does, the voice acting is whats been putting me off as it sounded pretty bad from the trailers but if it isn't that bad then I may get it if it comes to Europe and the 8th day sounds like a good addition. If it doesn't come to Europe, I'll just finish off my imported copy of the DS version.
@Tech101 Does it have difficulty settings? I heard it does but not many places mentioned this.

The voice acting is not really bad once you play the game. It sounded worse in the samples online.

There's an "Easy" and a "Normal" difficulty setting. Don't be fooled though, "Easy" is still pretty difficult, but not overwhelming

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FonistofCruxis

lz20XX wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I'm not sure if it will come to Europe but if it does, the voice acting is whats been putting me off as it sounded pretty bad from the trailers but if it isn't that bad then I may get it if it comes to Europe and the 8th day sounds like a good addition. If it doesn't come to Europe, I'll just finish off my imported copy of the DS version.
@Tech101 Does it have difficulty settings? I heard it does but not many places mentioned this.

The voice acting is not really bad once you play the game. It sounded worse in the samples online.

There's an "Easy" and a "Normal" difficulty setting. Don't be fooled though, "Easy" is still pretty difficult, but not overwhelming

Thanks, if the voice acting isn't as bad as the trailers made it seem then I'll definitely get it if it comes to Europe but if it doesn't, I'll just finish off my imported copy of the DS version.

JayArr

The game is amazing, if you haven't played the original you should really pick it up. Especially if you enjoy SRPGs.

The voice acting is fine. Only hard-core dub snobs (pathetic scum) would disagree. In fact, hearing them speak makes me care about the characters a lot more this playthrough. It helps me feel more involved emotionally and makes the story better.

If you have SRPG experience do not be afraid to play through on Normal it's not that hard.

The extra content comes at the end of the game with the extra day. The game also has six differnt ending paths so it's almost like they added six extra days. There are also 30 additional demons that weren't in the original.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

JeanLuc_Vaycard

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Well I just noticed in the config menu you can turn off voices in the game so if it is annoying you, you can just turn it off.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Spoony_Tech

Kainard wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Well I just noticed in the config menu you can turn off voices in the game so if it is annoying you, you can just turn it off.

Well I see you have been playing yours all day! How far did you get?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

lol i haven't been playing it all day actually. ive been distracted with other stuff and chat as well. and its remained on a while. I haven't even got through the intro stuff.

Spoony_Tech

I is addicted to Devil Survivor! I just cant put it down. Cant wait till the second one already. Im on the second day and it just keeps getting better.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

Day 2 Tech? I'm still on Day 1. I love this game.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

FonistofCruxis

Kainard wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Thanks, if it does come to Europe I'll turn them off I do find the voices annoying but seieng as lz said that they're not as bad as the trailers suggested I may not have to do that.

TheBaconator

I just completed Catherine today, and I only picked it up 3 days ago. Great game all around in my opinion, and as of right now, it is my favorite game of the year so far. (Kind of makes me feel bad for buying the game used and not really supporting it) However, I really don't see what was so difficult about it. I cleared the game on normal with 30+ continues remaining in about 13 hours. Seems like one of those things that the internet over-dramatizes. (Although I only got one Gold medal in my entire playthrough) I'll probably play through the game again in a few weeks to see the other endings.

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

FonistofCruxis

Catherine looks like a great game, if it ever comes to a nintendo console I would definitely get it.

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Ok I love Devil Survivor and have no problems with the voice acting except for Yuzu >.<. lol all she does is whine so far. Other than that this game is great.

Spoony_Tech

I've been on the same mission for at least 5 times now. Uggh the people I'm suppose to rescue keep on dying or a demon escapes. Just when I think I have it the very last demon somehow gets out of the area. I'm on day two on top of a Tokyo building!!

MERG said:

Noire

This gets me excited.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

JayArr

Everyday is great at your Junes. n_n

For the record, Catherine is an amazing game. It is by far the most adult story out of any Atlus game, actually any game I've ever played. It was a breath fresh air and really made you look at your self and who you are.

If you are having trouble with the civilian level I recommend getting a demon with Devil Speed or Switch. It really helps you rush to them and get them out of danger. Don't be afraid to heal them either. The game only gets tougher so be prepared. O.O The biggest bit of advice I can give is to constantly fuse. You have to have the best demons available to prevail.

FonistofCruxis

Kainard wrote:

Ok I love Devil Survivor and have no problems with the voice acting except for Yuzu >.<. lol all she does is whine so far. Other than that this game is great.

Yuzu's voice acting does seem to be the worst which disappoints me as she was my favourite character in the original.

MechaPhoenix wrote:

This gets me excited.

As unlikely as it is I really hope its for the 3DS as there was an SMT: Persona game in that long list of upcoming games for the system at last years e3. I would love to play SMT: Persona 4, apart from games in the Tales series, its the game on a non-nintendo console that I would most like to play. SMT: Persona 2 and 3 look like great games too but I would get so excited if Atlus announced SMT: Persona 4 for 3DS.

JayArr

You think Yoohoo's voice is bad? Wait until you start seeing more of Midori. You'll start to appreciate Yuzu real fast. xD

FonistofCruxis

@JayArr I haven't actually got the game as I live in England where unfortunately it isn't even confirmed for a European release, I'm just basing my opinion on videos I've seen on the internet.

JeanLuc_Vaycard

mariofanatic128 wrote:

@JayArr I haven't actually got the game as I live in England where unfortunately it isn't even confirmed for a European release, I'm just basing my opinion on videos I've seen on the internet.

lol he was talking to me about the whole Yoohoo thing as I stated earlier I can't stand her voice. I think she just kind of reminds me of a woman i once knew.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.