Forums

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Posts 1,201 to 1,216 of 1,216

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred Nope. Two endings, Undertale-style.

Oh, and regarding the story, it's nothing too intolerably anime. It certainly doesn't ruin the wonderful gameplay, which is some of the best in an Atlus game to date.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@CanisWolfred Nope. Two endings, Undertale-style.

Oh, and regarding the story, it's nothing too intolerably anime. It certainly doesn't ruin the wonderful gameplay, which is some of the best in an Atlus game to date.

Wait what??? Only two? Damn...that's a real bummer...I think I have to side SilverEdge, here, that really goes against the core tenants of Mainline SMT. They usually offer a middleground between the two extremes, although it can be the hardest path more often than not. Only offering two extremes, one of which sounds tonally dissonant, isn't a choice. It's got one ending, just like Undertale - I don't care what others have tried to tell me, Undertale only had one true ending, one in which so much of the story and gameplay was heavily geared towards. Just because you're given the option to undermine its story at every turn without a game over to stop you doesn't take away from that, I feel. The alternate endings seemed to do a better job of emphasizing that hurting people has consequences, while often offering significantly less gameplay, story, and character interactions...it's not a choice, there's no benefit, it's just an extended consequence.

So with that in mind, yeah, that ending situation does hurt a lot of its appeal for me. I'd rather play through SMT4 again, even with its problems.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred I don't disagree. Like I said, the endings are my biggest problem with the game.

With that said, the rest of the game is wonderful. Much, much better than SMT IV in terms of the mechanics, dungeon design, difficulty progression, QOL features, etc.

Also, as I said in another thread, since I don't particularly care for playing games multiple times, I'd much prefer a game just go for one meaty story and ending as opposed to dividing content between different endings. That is, pretty much, the direction SMT IV: Apocalypse went, and I think it made for a more ultimately satisfying single play experience than with any previous SMT games.

Pho

Speaking of SMT, I just got the email to join the closed beta of the mobile game!

And also, SMT IV A is currently my favourite SMT.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Ralizah

Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 and 2 are on sale on the eshop. $9.99 and $14.99, respectively. Great prices for anyone who hasn't picked them up yet.

@xPH03N1Xx86 I did too. Haven't played too much of it so far, though, as I use my phone for communication/work stuff, so I'm rarely running games on it.

samus1818

I just finished Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Overall, I like this game, but I felt as though I finished a marathon after getting to the end of that game LOL

samus1818

Kimyonaakuma

Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 (The SMT mobile game) is now available worldwide!

Kimyonaakuma

CanisWolfred

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 (The SMT mobile game) is now available worldwide!

Good. Now I can continue to ignore its existance, like I have with every mobile game since 2012.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech Honestly, with the change in hardware that's going to make the old style of gameplay impossible to accurately replicate, I hope they make massive changes to the series going forward.

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah They can find a way. Captain Toad shouldn't work as well as it does yet it works. Same if they can get Mario Maker working well too. If I have to pause and use gyro to draw I can deal with that.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SilverEdge92

Just beat Demiurge and finished my second playthrough of SJR and I don't know what to be more upset about: the hours spent grinding forma to get the gun with the Mourn Bullet skill for the Demiurge fight and I ended up not even needing the damn thing (I used the gun Seraph gives you after finishing his EX Mission), or how easy Mem Aleph was this time around with a few extra levels and higher-tiered demons.

My final team:
MC, LV. 83 (was LV. 76 at the end of my first run)
Demiurge, LV. 94
Seraph, LV. 90
Maria, LV. 81

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

Ralizah

Started SMT: Digital Devil Saga tonight on my PS2, and played for about 3.5 hours. It's an extremely weird game, but I'm digging it so far. I love the cel-shaded look of this era of SMT games (Nocturne also has this look, and it's quite easy on the eyes). Atlus seems to have opted for a sort of sphere grid system to make up for the lack of recruitable demons (since they opted to make this more like a traditional JRPG in terms of gameplay). In terms of the story, I really have no idea what the hell is going on, but it's some intriguing mix of apocalyptic sci-fi, Hinduism, cannibalism, and gang warfare.

I'm amazed at how cheap both of these games still are. You can nab both for a little over $25. It's an amazing value.

Now, the Raidou Kuzunoha games, on the other hand...

Edited on by Ralizah

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.