Forums

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,216

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy: It seems quite a few people are doing that. I'm sure there's no story reason NOT to, but as long as I have all three, I figure I'll play them in order.

Oh, and you don't earn money directly from enemies in this series. Instead, you get goods to sell at the shop a la FFXII, as mentioned on page 27 of your instruction booklet.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Spoony_Tech

@Slapshot. If you haven't figured it out yet the monsters don't give any money. You need to sell what they drop which in turn opens up all the new weapons armor and items from the shop. See all You get from the monsters unless you are on a mission or quest to find items for someone. Also you get more money usually from the mining chopping and take spots so unlock thoose kinda early from your characters. Noticed that is a whole new screen to upgrade thoose skills now then before.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Slapshot

Thanks guys, I actually ended up dropping in like 2 hours or so in tonight and leveled up a farmer to gather some good stuff and figured out the selling item, etc. Great fun. Got the first dungeon floor all mapped out and did a bit of grinding and upgraded some weapons. I did end up trading out my second monk for a Mystic (?). Im thinking that Fire damage tip on those dang cats is really going to help lol.

Im enjoying my trid in Etrain Odyssey so far needless to say.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Your enjoying the best of the lot. Go back to the first one and there is no auto battles no auto mapping and no warp points out of the stratum other then every 5 levels. Definitely the most excessible of the 3. This series might be the worst level grinding series I ever played but I'm not complaining I like it!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

I'm Starting with Etrian Odyssey 3, too. I always wanted to try the first, but I never got into FP RPGs and Wizardry until both the first and second were completely out of stock in every store on the East coast.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

pixelbuffer

@Stuff I've played EO2 but I haven't finished it... I got pretty far but I haven't touched it for a long time. (Still love it though.) I'm still gonna get EO3 and play that anyway.

@slappy I couldn't answer, but the Nintendo Week interview said that if farmers survive a battle you get extra bonuses.

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

[quote=holymackerel]@Stuff I've played EO2 but I haven't finished it... I got pretty far but I haven't touched it for a long time. (Still love it though.) I'm still gonna get EO3 and play that anyway.

Same here. I never finished 2 but I'm starting 3 anyways! I'm pretty far in 2 also. The main reason I finished 1 before 2 was to enter your code from 1 to start 2 with. There was no code from 2 to 3 though!

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

A couple of differences I'm seeing so far.

1: You now get experience after completing missions and quests. Thats awesome!

2: You now get slots in some of your weapons to attach special skills to. Example increased attack blind or volt! Not sure yet if the armor will be the same yet though.

I'm really liking this farmer. Great support skills for gathering items for lots of money.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Slapshot

The extra experience with farmers is great. Oh and gathering nets really great saleable items.

WolfRamHeart

I didn't even realize that there was an Atlus fanclub thread here. Well, I've been an Atlus fan for as long as I can remember. They are probably one of my all-time favorite developers. I am currently playing Etrian Odyssey III and I am really loving it. I played the first one to death but I didn't get to play the second one very much. I decided to just jump into this one. I really like the variety of the new classes and exploring the ocean while sailing is a lot of fun too. I got the art book with my pre-order and it is very nice. I am actually enjoying this game more than Dragon Quest IX. So far it is my favorite RPG this year.

WolfRamHeart

Spoony_Tech

@WolfRamHeart Welcome just found this topic myself about a month ago. Glad to see your enjoying EO3. Its definitely the most accessible of the 3 and the most fun. How far are you? Personal I've been doing to much sailing I'm only just starting floor 3.

MERG said:

pixelbuffer

What's the point of the sailing anyway? I'm so used to just going up the floors.

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

The sailing is more or less a chance to earn more money and experience for your characters. I believe I've also received a hammer for forging and a weapon or 2. Might be the only way to get them!

MERG said:

pixelbuffer

Wow, found a bargain at the hobby store today! The Dark Spire new (with music CD) and Etrian Odyssey 3. The Dark Spire was only ~US$7.50 too!

Continuing my Atlus rampage. Darn, I'm still nowhere near finishing SMT: Strange Journey and Persona 4 and now I want to play Etrian Odyssey 3 and The Dark Spire. @_@

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

Slapshot

@HMac.... nice, and I feel you Ive got Luminious Arc, Knights in Knightmare, Izuna 2, Hammerin Hero and a few more I still havnent gotten too that I bought when they announced that Atlus was going under

Aight, so Ive gotten my characters up to like Lv7-8 and mapped everybit of Floor 1 and done way too much sailing. I got a bit into Floor 2 and barely survived a few minutes to get out lol. Got a question though, The price keeps going up to stay at the hotel to regain my stats, does the get higher and higher and does it hit a cap?

Spoony_Tech

It cost more every time you level up. Its the same for reviving your characters. Can't remember but don't think it ever Caps. The cost takes account for all the members of your party.

What's this atlus is going under talk? Is that still true?

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Slapshot

@tech... they were merged by there patent company. When it was first announced it was they were dissolved. Thought they were gone for good for a bit. I went and loaded up.

Spoony_Tech

@SlapShot Good I dont know what I would do without Atlus. Rpgs wouldn't be the same.

MERG said:

pixelbuffer

Gave EO3 a quick whirl. Made some characters. I love the new classes! But they're all so good and I can only have 5 in my party. I can't pick which ones to use! But that's a good thing.

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

WolfRamHeart

Well, I'm not too far in the game yet. I'm spending time leveling up my party on the second floor and exploring the sea. I started out with a gladiator, ninja, monk, arbalist and a zodiac in my party. I got them all up to level 9 and I was finally able to take down my first FOE; a Greedy Lizard. I just created a hoplite, a wildling and a farmer character so I need to work on them now. I'm having a tough time deciding who I want to keep in my party because all of the character classes are really cool. I beat the first of the seaquests; I assisted the ninja in taking down that giant monster bird(Meregho Saeno). I discovered that you can replay those seaquests again to earn more experience. I also got a Kirikaze Hood the second time I beat the giant bird but I still haven't been able to get the rare drop from it. My goal is to try and reach the third floor today; wish me luck.

WolfRamHeart

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.