Forums

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,216

Kimyonaakuma

@matiasu I've played it twice, once in 2013/14 and then once again last year. I think the concept and battles are amazing, I also really enjoyed the freedom and the mystery of the story. However the dungeons were never enjoyable to me and it technically just doesn't look good today, which is odd because other cel shaded games from that time still look okay now. I think it's one of those games that had more potential than it's console could handle.

Nostalgia is a great thing! However there are some games that I'm scared to replay because they might not be as good today

In other news, the SMT mobile game is still enjoyable! I've played it every day this week while I'm on the train or bored and it's been good so far.
I don't know really know any Japanese but I've been able to access every part of the game, so if that's a concern for anyone then I wouldn't worry. A basic knowledge of English and SMT is enough to enjoy it
I have no idea what the story is but I'm really just playing the game for a quick fuse or battle. The game actually has a few new features in terms of demon customisation which keeps things interesting too.
If this is the base for SMT V's battle system, which it most likely will be, then we're going to have a really fun, beautiful game! Shame it will take a year or two...

Kimyonaakuma

Pho

@matiasu It's definitely a great game, but it definitely deserves an HD remaster. My only complaint that holds it back for me is the gimmicky dungeons, alot of trial and error with the teleports.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

darkfenrir

@Kimyonaakuma I would love Persona's remake on Switch, although I wonder if I'll finally finish them this time...

P3FES -> Stop at last dungeon
P4G -> Stop in the middle of whatever month, I forgot October?

Want to play Persona 5 and maybe this time I'll just do it w/o regards of needing to finish it in one go. That was why I never finished P4G- I felt I have to do the Golden Ending in one go or bust so I end up with a bust

darkfenrir

Kimyonaakuma

@darkfenrir Why would you stop at the last dungeon!? You're almost finished...

But anyway Persona would be great for the Switch, it's one of those series that takes hours to complete so being able to play anywhere would be useful. I've also not always been able to find time to finish them when lots of other things take up my time and then I forget And I can't get back into the story after leaving it for months!

I've finished most Persona games but I still have to finish "The Answer" part of P3FES.
I had also abandoned Persona 4 at a really early point, maybe just after the Steamy Bathhouse dungeon? I completed P4G though so I got there eventually!
As for Persona 5 I enjoyed it so much that I stopped playing other games, watching TV and things like that just to play it. The improvements to dungeons, battles and the world in general kept me playing for around 85-90 hours. And then I started a new game plus 3 months later because it's impossible to finish it 100% in one file.

I would enjoy Persona on Switch but it seems like SMT will stay on Nintendo consoles and Persona stay on PlayStation. Which I guess makes sense as they have stuck with that rule for most of their main games. It's a shame though.

Kimyonaakuma

darkfenrir

@Kimyonaakuma I knoooow. It might be combination that the PSP is my sister's and she has to go again to her uni haha. And then when she came back, there's no urge to finish the game anymore...

And yeah, I hear alll the good things about Persona 5! Makes me really want to play it :') I don't mind SMT going on PS, just let us have Persona too... Like, just have it on both! It's a little harder for me since I enjoy Persona much more than SMT since I find SMT too hard haha, can't even enjoy the series in my platform ;_;

(It's hard to justify buying a console for me, since I don't have TV/Monitor so if I buy one, I MUST buy a TV/Monitor for it to plug into and I feel that's so wasteful)

darkfenrir

Kimyonaakuma

@darkfenrir Yeah I can understand that. Even if it's the best game ever it can be hard to go back to after a long time

Atlus doesn't seem to do many ports to other consoles so we'll probably have to wait for a remaster. Maybe they'll listen if SMT V sells really well, which might happen because IV sold 600,000 copies and the new SMT mobile game has 1 million downloads in the first week! I would really like SMT and Persona on both Sony and Nintendo systems but they've been separated for years, so I'm hoping that Atlus will stop making games for 3DS and PS Vita and just focus on Switch instead for Spin offs/Remasters/Ports.

I used to find SMT too difficult but I've had a lot of practice over the years
Now I just find it frustrating when I'm really struggling so I have to go back, level up and fuse new demons. It takes a lot of time when that happens. At least there isn't a time limit like Persona though, which sometimes annoys me...

Buying a console, TV and the game is quite a lot of money! I had an old PS3 so I was able to play it on that, a PS4 would be nice but I chose the Switch instead. I don't really have the time or money for both

Kimyonaakuma

darkfenrir

@Kimyonaakuma Yeah... can't muster the feelings to replay it too, I end up playing FF9 to the finish instead. (At PS1, it got stuck in last dungeon... so sad)

And yeah, I don't think Atlus ever do ports other than the initial release? Like the only ports they do is publishing other company's works (Like Sting's, which I love for what its idea is but can't play because reee strategy). While it's cruel to 3DS/Vita, I kinda agree with you here, I like Switch far more. It feels... better than 3ds now. Still need to finish my backlog there though...

I see, lol. My only practice is on SMT Strange Journey to only C-building, and SMT4 for 2 hours or so... Lost my interest after that. Maybe SMT should do something like Digimon Cyber Sleuth for the training new demons? Having a way to easily grind up old ones should be good, but then again, Digimon and SMT are so different...

Mmh, I understand what you feel, I might pick up PS4 in 2-3 years (or if Sony suddenly makes PS4 BUT PORTABLE AND YOU CAN PLAY ALL OF PS4 GAMES)... Nonetheless, I hope for Catherine: Full Body too, I feel like it'll be an interesting journey... Hopefully that mistake by Sega's email is true and Catherine will get Switch release

darkfenrir

Kimyonaakuma

@darkfenrir That is so sad! Especially at the last dungeon

I don't think that they have ported any games that I can think of. Most of their "ports" seem to be remakes of old SMT/Persona games on portable consoles. If they do port something it's a small game or it was developed by someone else. Persona 5 was ported to PS4 but that's only because it took so long to make.

SMT IV was boring at first but when I reached the first important part of the story it changed everything for me. It only got better! I remember Strange Journey being quite difficult at the end but Nocturne was the hardest for me. But it was only difficult because I didn't fuse new demons, I just kept the cool looking ones.... which doesn't work well......
If you could sacrifice old, useless demons to level up new ones then it would be a lot easier. The new mobile game does this now so that's good!

Catherine Full Body on Switch would be amazing! I loved the original and extra story is always good. I might buy a PS4 one day for Catherine, Gravity Rush 2, Nier and a few other games but I might just save my money for some Switch games. We'll see how Atlus decides to use the Switch before I buy another console.

Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

I was also wondering if anybody thinks that Persona Q2 is moving to the Switch? We've had 2 trailers and release dates for the two games announced that day but nothing for Q2.
Maybe they decided to move it to another console as the 3DS has slowed down. Strange Journey Redux has been out since October in Japan and nothing has been said about sales, so they probably aren't great. Not sure how it would work on a TV without a weird cursor or something.

...just a thought

Kimyonaakuma

Ralizah

@Kimyonaakuma It won't. The game is modified EO, which means it's utterly reliant on a dual-screen setup.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

darkfenrir

@Kimyonaakuma Haha, yeah... but it's ok, I don't mind it xD I know I don't finish tons of stuff anyway

Agreed on that part with Atlus not making ports though, they only ever remaster from what I see. And that's what makes their game so good I guess, they completely utilize those powers available in them

Haha, I think no matter what, it's hard for me to ever get into the world of SMT. I mean hard is okay, just not my thing.

And that's the problem, most of the games I want on PS4 actually appears on PC for me... so it's just making getting a PS4 even harder...

darkfenrir

Kimyonaakuma

I know this thread has died a couple of times but there's been some news about SMT Mobile - you can sign up for the beta of the English version!

It's only available in certain countries (Sadly not the UK ), but people in the US, Australia, Mexico and some other places can sign up for a chance to try it out in June. Apparently your progress from the test version will transfer to the official release too! So you won't need to restart like I will when I abandon the Japanese version

Their Facebook page has all the information you need if you're interested!

Kimyonaakuma

Ralizah

@Kimyonaakuma Good shout!

Anyone else hype for Strange Journey Redux?

Pho

@Ralizah I can't wait for Strange Journey!

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Ralizah

@xPH03N1Xx86 I wasn't playing SMT when the original came out, so I'm happy I'll finally be able to support it at launch!

Not sure why it doesn't have an English dub, but if this means I don't have to listen to Western voice actors struggle to pronounce Japanese names like in some previous localized SMT games, then I'm game.

@Tsurii Between Persona 5, EO5, and now this, Atlus has been on a roll these last couple of years. I'd love to get remasters of the PS2 SMT games as well, but I won't hold my breath. I'm just glad I have a working PS2 again so that I can finish Nocturne and play the DDS games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Kimyonaakuma

@Ralizah I'm excited for Redux! I haven't really used my 3DS since I bought a Switch so this is the perfect excuse
I'm hoping that they've added a decent amount of content though!

I've not been playing much in general because of exams but having SMT on my phone is good! It still seems playable despite the language barrier...

Kimyonaakuma

Ralizah

@Kimyonaakuma I ignored my 3DS pretty much all of last year, but Etrian Odyssey V brought me back to in 2018. And I'm glad I came back, because Etrian V has been a superb experience.

I'm happy this SMT mobile game is actually coming to Android. I'm still disappointed that the mobile localization of the original SMT is exclusive to Apple devices.

Edited on by Ralizah

Kimyonaakuma

@Ralizah I barely looked at my 3DS and I didn't even have a Switch until December. Fire Emblem Echoes was the only game that I enjoyed, Ultra Sun and Moon was a waste of time unfortunately

It's good to finally have an Atlus game on Android, but I find it strange that it looks better than the main games . At least it's a good sign for SMT V because I'm expecting the demons to look identical (but hopefully with better shadows because they're terrible on mobile). The story isn't as good as the main games from what I can tell but the battle system is still great!
I tried SMT1 on an old iPad years ago but the touchscreen controls weren't great. Maybe we'll see a remaster someday, but I feel like they might change it a lot if that happens. SMT games get remasters and extra content quite often so we'll see!

Kimyonaakuma

Ralizah

@Kimyonaakuma I liked all of the improvements in Sun and Moon, but the constant cutscenes pretty much killed that gen for me. I want to explore. And, you know, interruptions for important story stuff is fine. It is an RPG, after all. Don't yank control away from me every five seconds to show another insipid dialogue that doesn't go anywhere. As a result, I ignored US/UM. Hopefully Pokemon Switch improves on this.

I expect the demon models in SMT V will look almost identical to the models in Persona 5.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.