Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 9,781 to 9,800 of 13,139

Shirma_Akayaku

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Space Dandy's back, baby!

I love it! Just saw it at 12:30 today and recorded it.
I'm glad it has a second season.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Sir_Diabeetus

Rosalina wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Space Dandy's back, baby!

I love it! Just saw it at 12:30 today and recorded it.
I'm glad it has a second season.

Space Dandy is..... Too good, baby!

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Spoony_Tech

Pika2346 wrote:

NintenNess wrote:

Wait, people actually hate Fairy Tale? O_o I don't watch Fairy Tale, but I didn't know a lot of people actually hates Fairy Tale. Do you watch you Subbed, Dubbed, or both?

I've met people who criticise the story for being boring, with some storylines dragging on for too long. Also, some get annoyed that no-one really dies (apart from Simon, but meh). But I personally love it, and Lisanna's story made me shed more than enough tears for one anime.

I started watching dubbed for the first ten episodes, but then I started watching subbed instead because I prefer the Japanese voices. It's now the highlight of my Saturdays ^.^ I've also watched all the OVAs (some of them are hilarious XD) and the movie. Yeah, I'm addicted ^.^

Spoiler tags please. I'm watching that next.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

tbh, the new episode of Space Dandy was way better than almost all of season 1. Season 1 was a mix of ok and hit or miss, this is already AMAZING. It was a real treat.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheKingOfTown

kkslider5552000 wrote:

tbh, the new episode of Space Dandy was way better than almost all of season 1. Season 1 was a mix of ok and hit or miss, this is already AMAZING. It was a real treat.

Okay, you're right, that was the best episode so far. The part where he couldn't spell his name and the ending with the depressed Dandy were the highlights. And oh god, the REFERENCES!!!

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

CanisWolfred

Pika2346 wrote:

NintenNess wrote:

Wait, people actually hate Fairy Tale? O_o I don't watch Fairy Tale, but I didn't know a lot of people actually hates Fairy Tale. Do you watch you Subbed, Dubbed, or both?

I've met people who criticise the story for being boring, with some storylines dragging on for too long. Also, some get annoyed that no-one really dies (apart from Simon, but meh). But I personally love it, and Lisanna's story made me shed more than enough tears for one anime.

I started watching dubbed for the first ten episodes, but then I started watching subbed instead because I prefer the Japanese voices. It's now the highlight of my Saturdays ^.^ I've also watched all the OVAs (some of them are hilarious XD) and the movie. Yeah, I'm addicted ^.^

I don't think the stories drag too long so much as they're poorly paced. But yeah, the "overarching" story barely exists and isn't really that ingteresting. Fairy Tail is the closest the Japanese have ever gotten to Comic Book super heroes, bar none. To me, it's annoying, since I have a love-hate relationship with Comic Books that tends to lean towards hate these days, and Fairy Tail is no different.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sir_Diabeetus

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Now that you mention it, I vote Space Dandy for the BEST 2nd Season, EVER!

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Astraea

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Are the Madoka Magica movies good?

The third one is. Just be prepared...

Astraea

mamp

Kuuko wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Are the Madoka Magica movies good?

The third one is. Just be prepared...

The first 2 are just recaps of the show but with some new scenes, but nothing you'll miss.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Blast

Bakuman manga = one of my favorite manga. I know I said that before but dang... I luv that manga series.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CanisWolfred

I'm trying to watch Arakawa Under the Bridge, but I must say, it's quite difficult. I'm not sure I'll survive the encounter.

After all, I'm dying of laughter after nearly every scene.

Seriously, I may have just found my perfect comedy, provided I can catch my breath enough to finish an episode.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

I guess it's because it hasn't gone off the wall yet that it manages to be so funny for me. I came in expecting a romantic comedy, so the little naunces and eccentricities hit me pretty hard, let alone the really crazy stuff. It's still so far been grounded (no super-slapstick or fantasy elements just yet), so it's not too hard for this show to play with expectations. My favorite joke in the first episode was when Ko meets the Chief. I even knew what the surprise was there, but I still couldn't stop laughing, it was excecuted so well.

Actually, Sket Dance worked a bit like this, too. It had more slapstick, but a lot of the comedy came from the personalities and playing with you expectations.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I started watching Nadia The Secret Of Blue Water. I didn't know until recently that it was Gainax since I (and most people) just assume Gainax started with Evangelion for some reason. It made more sense to do that next for Gainax Year instead of Gurren Lagann because I just saw Kill la Kill recently and I could see it ending up on Toonami soon-ish anyway.

My first impressions is that it's the type of ye olde early 20th century meets steampunk and wacky European adventures type of series. It is directly inspired by 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which is pretty cool. Too be honest, those are usually not my favorite type of series, but this has grabbed me more than most of them.

mamp

RWBY is coming back July 24th so excited!!! Who's looking forward to it?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Blast

Kazuki Takahashi created Yugioh and I just know that guy is crazy rich. The first volumes of Yugioh is really good. Classic Yugioh manga had everything right. Its a shame Takahashi hasn't bothered to create anything new AT ALL. He just does constant Yugioh partnerships over and over which starts NEW Yugioh series like Zexal and 5'Ds. I wish he would stop being so lazy and actually created something new. Toriyama, King of the Dragonball, has tried very few new things. I'm also sure that guy is pretty dang rich. He created a silly Dragon Ball spinoff manga that starred some kind of blue creator that could turn Super Saiyan. LOL

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Apparently he does this because people are gonna keep making Yugioh even if he steps away from it.

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Apparently he does this because people are gonna keep making Yugioh even if he steps away from it.

I think Takahashi just approves any Yugioh idea that comes his way. Yugioh 5'Ds REALLY needed help. That Yugioh series with Jaden wasn't that bad... the manga for Yugioh: Zexal actually doesn't suck.

He's making loads a cash from anime, manga, the CARDS, the GAMES, clothing....

But yet... he won't make ANYTHING NEW. The original Yugioh series has ended a long time ago!!!

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

He doesn't have to work a day in his life again and he seems to be cool with. Toriyama pretty much spends his days approving DBZ games and rehashing Dragion Quest art.

DC is putting up the Bat manga on a weekly basis with actual volumes later this year.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic